Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to spend glory crystals because of maintenance, now they are gone...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should always get runes
    Knight - Kabam - S1
    Guild - Derpicorns

Comment

Originally posted by mattftw View Post
      you should always get runes
      I dont have any runes to use them on atm lol, had I got one from market i would have, or I woulda just got whips again, oh well

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\ View Post
        The force is strong with some people here

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-EST-has-ended!
        Default maintenance time, which is 2:30 am.
        Threads in New & Events:
        [Announcement] Wartune S1 Maintenance February 26th @ 2:30 AM EST
        [Announcement] Emergency Maintenance 2/25 at 2:30 AM EST has ended!
        [Announcement] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 2/19 @ 2:30 AM EST
        [Announcement] Emergency Maintenance 2/21 at 2:30 AM EST has ended - Update
        [Announcement] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 12/13 @ 2:30 AM EST

Comment

Funny. If you see an advertisement for some sale of computers until X date.

You decide to wait till the last possible moment to go and buy. But then your company decides to send you overseas for a meeting/work for 2 weeks.
          Do you come back and make a big fuss out of it that you can't buy the computer during the promotion?
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by ibzc00 View Post
            Fair point about not being able to get crystals, but still, it should be available until the time specified regardless of when someone choses to spend.

If you miss any of those things mentioned you an at least recover a % through signets. And all hell would break loose if they ran WB earlier, or closed off other events. Not saying that waiting till the last second is a good idea, but saying too bad so sad we made the game unavailable so you loose is poor form. Sometimes it's a whole 24 hours I'm off game, so saying 19 hours notice for emergency maintenance is irrelevant and that's if you actively check the forums as well, there was no notice in game.

I missed my fishing attempt for the day because I didn't plan on having maintenance, but that's a lot different than glory crystals.
            You had several days to spend your crystals. Even being away from wartune for 24 hours still leaves you with plenty of time to spend it.

Also emergency maintenance will be less than 24 hours because it's not the regular maintenance. Emergency maintenance means something went wrong that needs to be fixed. Announcing the maintenance means they think they have a fix for it and need to deploy the fix. If they decide to give an extra day's notice (43 hours notice), that would mean another day of the bugs. In this case, another day of tok, jewel hunt, fishing, etc not resetting.

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\ View Post
              Debating what to use it for, just because the maintenance was announced doesn't mean I was able to play between announced time and maint start time, that damn work thing, ya know.
              Are you serious?? people plan well before the CW on how to spend the crystals. You should have been well prepared to use them right after the prelims( or finals if you made it to top 100)

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Funny. If you see an advertisement for some sale of computers until X date.

You decide to wait till the last possible moment to go and buy. But then your company decides to send you overseas for a meeting/work for 2 weeks.
                Do you come back and make a big fuss out of it that you can't buy the computer during the promotion?
                No, if it is my CHOICE, I make my company wait, or fire me...that's on them

Originally posted by Chris419 View Post
                Default maintenance time, which is 2:30 am.
                Threads in New & Events:
                [Announcement] Wartune S1 Maintenance February 26th @ 2:30 AM EST
                [Announcement] Emergency Maintenance 2/25 at 2:30 AM EST has ended!
                [Announcement] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 2/19 @ 2:30 AM EST
                [Announcement] Emergency Maintenance 2/21 at 2:30 AM EST has ended - Update
                [Announcement] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 12/13 @ 2:30 AM EST
                wow we really have a special one here, you notice the one I linked called "emergency maintenance" posted at 4something am? Yep im sleeping then. I don't get up and run to wartune, I get up and get ready for work. I come home from work and it's a scheduled "emergency maintenance" (really a scheduled EMERGENCY maintenance????) server is down. I've got to be back to work in 7 hours and maint is scheduled to be 4+ hours, do I
                A) sleep
                B) wait for a game

I chose A, as B could result in issues in real life by lack of sleep.

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                Are you serious?? people plan well before the CW on how to spend the crystals. You should have been well prepared to use them right after the prelims( or finals if you made it to top 100)
                If you read the thread I explained why I waited on using them, it was not my call to have a game changing bug requiring a maintenance to occur when i got home. It also was not my call to delay an "EMERGENCY" maintenance. It did however affect me in losing crystals, because when I got home and ready to play the game was down for an UNPLANNED maintenance, not a damn thing I can do there, and that maintenance happened to come on the last day of glory crystal exchange. nice....
                Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-27-2014, 04:58 AM. Reason: Merge triple post

Comment

You poor thing.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    You poor thing.
                    I made a boo boo by not considering an emergency maintenance miley, I'm far from a poor thing...how is Justin doing btw sir troll?

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\
                      If you read the thread I explained why I waited on using them, it was not my call to have a game changing bug requiring a maintenance to occur when i got home. It also was not my call to delay an "EMERGENCY" maintenance. It did however affect me in losing crystals, because when I got home and ready to play the game was down for an UNPLANNED maintenance, not a damn thing I can do there, and that maintenance happened to come on the last day of glory crystal exchange. nice....
                      Maybe you did not read what I posted, people buy everything right after the CW, so if you were there for the prelims then you should have bought everything after that, it's not easy to make up the mind as to what to buy because the items had been the same for the past 3 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\
                        wow we really have a special one here, you notice the one I linked called "emergency maintenance" posted at 4something am? Yep im sleeping then. I don't get up and run to wartune, I get up and get ready for work. I come home from work and it's a scheduled "emergency maintenance" (really a scheduled EMERGENCY maintenance????) server is down. I've got to be back to work in 7 hours and maint is scheduled to be 4+ hours, do I
                        A) sleep
                        B) wait for a game

I chose A, as B could result in issues in real life by lack of sleep.
                        If that was your point, then you completely missed my point.

1. You knew when the crystals would expire.
                        2. You know that regular and emergency maintenance usually starts at 2:30am.
                        3. If you had played recently, you would have known there were a lot of problems with the events. An emergency maintenance is a reasonable guess.

Even after all that, you decided to wait until after 2:30am right before the crystals expire before trying to spend them.

Comment

Maybe you did not read what I posted, people buy everything right after the CW, so if you were there for the prelims then you should have bought everything after that, it's not easy to make up the mind as to what to buy because the items had been the same for the past 3 months or so.
                          I understand that people do this, but tho whole point is, they shouldn't have to. If something is advertised as being available up until a certain point, then it should be, if it's not, then compensation is required. I don't know of any other company that operates this way.

It's similar to playing the lotto, if you win any prize, you have a certain period in which to claim it. If for some reason they decide to alter the claim date, and say 'you should have had plenty of time to claim it, most people know what they're going to spend their winnings on', good luck getting away with that. R2 is the only company that consistently jams their paying customers and seems to get away with it, supported by you guys who seem to begrudge anyone that gets something you don't. Who cares if the OP didn't spend it as quickly as you did, the point is, it's advertised as being available up until a certain time, and it wasn't, the OP deserves compensation, just as everyone cries for R2 to compensate at the drop of a hat for everything else they miss out on. Why should this be any different? It's a double standard.

People got compensated like crazy for gem hunt, ToK, fishing, etc. Well, they should have just done their attempts earlier like I do, and they wouldn't have missed out, shame on them for it not being available when you wanted it to. Same deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzc00 View Post
                            I understand that people do this, but tho whole point is, they shouldn't have to. If something is advertised as being available up until a certain point, then it should be, if it's not, then compensation is required. I don't know of any other company that operates this way.

It's similar to playing the lotto, if you win any prize, you have a certain period in which to claim it. If for some reason they decide to alter the claim date, and say 'you should have had plenty of time to claim it, most people know what they're going to spend their winnings on', good luck getting away with that. R2 is the only company that consistently jams their paying customers and seems to get away with it, supported by you guys who seem to begrudge anyone that gets something you don't. Who cares if the OP didn't spend it as quickly as you did, the point is, it's advertised as being available up until a certain time, and it wasn't, the OP deserves compensation, just as everyone cries for R2 to compensate at the drop of a hat for everything else they miss out on. Why should this be any different? It's a double standard.

People got compensated like crazy for gem hunt, ToK, fishing, etc. Well, they should have just done their attempts earlier like I do, and they wouldn't have missed out, shame on them for it not being available when you wanted it to. Same deal.
                            It's not a double standard. People demand compensation usually because it's R2's fault. In this case, he should have used the crystals before the announced maintenance. That is his own fault.

People were compensated for the other events because it was R2's fault. There was nothing they could have done to complete those since they completed them yesterday. Not sure how they could have done them earlier than that. If the OP didn't get any crystals (like how some people didn't get their attempts for those events), that would be a different case.

If I decided to wait until 2:30 am to do gem or ToK, only to have the emergency maintenance stop me, do you think I should get compensated for it?

Comment

not everyone does what you do, you have literally no point.

Originally posted by Chris419 View Post
                              If that was your point, then you completely missed my point.

1. You knew when the crystals would expire.
                              2. You know that regular and emergency maintenance usually starts at 2:30am.
                              3. If you had played recently, you would have known there were a lot of problems with the events. An emergency maintenance is a reasonable guess.

Even after all that, you decided to wait until after 2:30am right before the crystals expire before trying to spend them.
                              You're a certain kind of special aren't you. Had it been a NORMAL maintenance I would not have made this post. Also fyi usually an "EMERGENCY" maintenance means the game goes down right then. When I went to bed the night before the game was NOT broken, I got up the next day and went to work like normal, got home and the UNPLANNED EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE was already running. Had I known the game would have broke and required an unplanned maintenance I would have spent them, but I'm not psychic, and could not have known I needed to spend them a day early. Does that make it a little more clear for you?
                              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-27-2014, 05:00 AM. Reason: Merge double post

Comment

Ultimately, they cannot do anything about it. It would be unfair to everyone else that missed something (and everyone has).
                                If they gave you that treatment, everyone else will be expecting it resulting with so much clutter, confusion and other **** R2 does not want to deal with.
                                It sucks you didn't get to spend them on time. You shouldn't wait for things in these kind of games. They will just ultimately move on.
                                Blood red, pale skin,
                                Moonlight draw me in.
                                Quench my thrist,
                                Coursing veins.
                                Let me body feel no pain...♥

Comment

Working...
                                X