Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Sylph new skill slot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph new skill slot

Anyone else find it complete **** how you have to use 300 bound balens or balens (that is 300 extra balens after buying the skill) just to have ur sylph learn the new skill without erasing a previous one? (i.e. cost of opening a new skill slot)

why is it ****? you're paying to have more skills available for use than the default of 3 active and 1 passive. Like your inventory bag, slots r a limited resource in a way. You'll have to decide what skills to equip in your limited amount of space. Buying skills just lets you replace skills you find less useful only while being able to use the new skill on top of your existing requires you to pay to have more of a limited resource. Although in later patches, they let you pick what skill you wish to replace instead of it being random like it is now...
    IGN: Athena
    Guild: Warriors
    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Class: Archer
    Difficulty Level: Noob
    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I'll have to agree with the OP that it's a tad crappy.

Here, they give you 1 feature but to unlock 9 other features, you have to spend $.
      It's F2P, yes.. but.. kinda extreme
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Yea, I just assumed it was free spot once you bought a new skill, when I bought rain dance it switched out my Delphic! and had to rebuy and then spend another 300 balens on top of that

Comment

Regardless of the balens cost, the game warns you what will happen... reading comprehension yo! The skills + slot aren't even expensive, and I'm a non casher I've bought all of mine with bound balens.

Comment

I don't mind paying out for a new skill slot but once all slots taken ... hate the fact that you lose a skill randomly if you choose to learn another .. at least would be good to choose which one you lose .. or even better to be able to shuffle them around as we do with other skill sets.

I'll look forward to the patch which corrects this .. and hope it's not too far away

Comment

Originally posted by R29016091 View Post
              Regardless of the balens cost, the game warns you what will happen... reading comprehension yo! The skills + slot aren't even expensive, and I'm a non casher I've bought all of mine with bound balens.
              based on what you just said I am 90% sure you are lying. Including the active and passive slots, there are 5 skill slots that you have to buy fro 300 a pop, that means 1500 bb's just to open them (equivalent to $15). now on top of that you also have to buy 5 skills, and assuming you buy the cheapest ones, each one at 395, thatll be 395*5=1975 bbs. 1975+1500=3475bbs for skills. Although it is possible, I highly doubt you had 3475 bb's, and by no means is 3475 balens ($34.75 just for new skill for 1 sylph) cheap. Sure you can make the argument that you only bought one, but that's still 695 balens at the min, and that is also not cheap unless if your a hard casher, which according to you, your not. Now to your question for the reading, in the little help bar where you learn how to use a new skill, nowhere does it say that you have to use balens to open a new skill slot. In order to see this they have to bring the mouse over to the new skill slot icon and then see that it costs 300 balens, and I ask you what is the likely hood on someone doing that prior to buying a skill?

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
              why is it ****? you're paying to have more skills available for use than the default of 3 active and 1 passive. Like your inventory bag, slots r a limited resource in a way. You'll have to decide what skills to equip in your limited amount of space. Buying skills just lets you replace skills you find less useful only while being able to use the new skill on top of your existing requires you to pay to have more of a limited resource. Although in later patches, they let you pick what skill you wish to replace instead of it being random like it is now...
              so you want to compare sylph slots with inventory, ok lets compare. I know that you are an old player, so if im not mistaken, you opened the slots using vouchers. using vouchers on something is a lot cheaper that using bb's or balens. you cannot deny that when r2 did the conversion from vouchers to bb's they screwed us to an extent. they made the conversion of our vouchers on hand on a 1:20 ration, however they made the conversion of vouchers you can get on a 1:40 and a 1:60 conversion, and in some area completely eliminated a source of bb's (tree). Now this isn't where they screwed us. They screwed us on the fact that although vouchers were converted on a 1:20,1:40,1:60 ratio, the prices that previously required vouchers stayed the same. Lets put this in terms easier to understand: where as before you used to spend 895 vouchers to reset skill tree, now you have to spend 895 bb's to reset tree, so it'll naturally take you a longer time and more bb's than vouchers to reset the tree. to make things farer, when vouchers on hand were converted to bb's, its only fair that the things that required vouchers would've also been converted on the 1:20 ratio, but they weren't. Now the reason im bringing up vouchers is because im willing to bet that if vouchers were still around, just like you were able to open inventory slots with it, you will now be able to open sylph skills with vouchers, and I ask you what is easier to obtain and used, 300 bbs or 300 vouchers? (though since I know your a very hard casher, ull say 300 balens)

Ok now to tackle your comparison to inventory slot from a different angle. If you were to ask characters from new servers how many have opened their inventory slots, id bet only the hardest of hardest cashers have. Now that vouchers have been removed, the amount of bb's or balens required to open them is insane, and only those that don't have a proper concept of money will be willing to spend the insane amounts there asking for new inventory slots.

And one last point. Im not sure how true this is, but I heard from someone that bough sylph skills when they first came out that opening a new slot was free. If this is true then its all the more crappier if now they're charging money for it.

I have more to say on your post, but since im out of time, ill just stop here for the moment and continue later.

Comment

i find that total **** as well, i learned a new skill and i lost my apollos supermove and now they want me to buy it back for balens.......wartunes way of making more money, they want you to buy a move back that was 100% FREE with the sylph itself.
                300K ish BATTLE RATINGS
                MAGE-S363

NON CASHER

Comment

Working...
                X