Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

PLEASE Fix Battleground So It's At Least Playable Again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE Fix Battleground So It's At Least Playable Again!

Whatever was done to the Battleground in the last couple weeks has turned it into nothing but a spawn campers dream. Every single game will be as high as 3-5 of the highest level players simply sitting right on top of the Resource Officer, or an inch outside the camp gate, and that's ALL they do. If you're an average powered player, or even a somewhat strong one, you're VERY lucky to even make it out of camp 4 or 5 times per game.

To me, this is REALLY pushing the rules, regs, & TOS regulating the gameplay. The reason I say that is it disrupts the entire game in a very bad way. I see numerous complaints about this type thing posted recently, so it's not just a few sore losers who are griping. When there's a "knot" of 3 or 4 campers, each fighting someone who barely made it out of the gate, then it makes a tremendous mess right in front of the camp & the Resource Officer.

Waiting them out isn't the answer, since the game is tied. And quite often the guilty parties will get restless & just come INSIDE the camp to attack someone who respawned only moments before. This is most definitely a very poor way to play the game. But they do it constantly, just because they can. It IS a "Battle" Ground, so you can expect to get attacked. But let the most fighting occur in the middle or at either upper or lower corner, NOT right at the camp exit, under the Officer, or even worse, inside the camp. Kindly asking the offenders to use better sportsmanship will not work. That is tried several times per game & the only responses are usually along the lines of "F@#k You", or simply completely ignoring.

There are several repeat offenders who do this as there sole way of "playing", never even grabbing a cart during the entire game. That's fine too, as long as you don't stay camped on top of the exit, or an inch above or below it, usually BOTH. For mid-strength players, it's useless trying to actually fight them. All are several levels higher than the ones who are actually playing for the team, rather than for individual honor, and the Dryad Blessing does practically nothing to them except after being killed 1/2 dozen times. By then, your game is pretty much ruined. it's not even fun anymore, knowing this type of cr@p is going to be happening at the camp the entire game.

I've taken several screenshots of the mess it causes under the Resource Officer. Some of these show these constant repeat offenders multiple times. But I don't really want to post that type stuff & bring the names out in public. The problem can easily be solved in a much better & more mature method. Put some STRONG guards above & below on each corner which CAN'T be bypassed without killing them ... STRONG guards which these strong players can't beat in 1 fight. Or simply make a "safe zone" from the camp gate, extending up & down to the start of each corner. Anyone from the opposite team who wants to camp & kill weaker players for their own individual honor will have to wait outside that zone to do their individual honor thing. Coming inside would make that player unable to attack opposite team players who are simply trying to make a decent run towards the middle. At least a couple out of each group would make it through, allowing the game to proceed much more smoothly.

Another possible option is to increase the Dryad Blessing to a reasonable level. Say maybe after getting killed 3 times in a row, then you have enough extra power to beat one of these heavy hitters & make a wild dash towards the middle. As it is, many average players might get killed 5 or 6 times & still need a lot of luck in order to make it to the resources. But I don't really like this option, preferring something like the above suggestions to put a stop to blocking the exit or ambushing people only a couple steps from the Resource Officer.

It's really gotten out of hand & the Battleground has simply turned into a super easy way for already powerful players to become even more powerful, while the weaker ones have an increasingly tiny chance of doing anything at all to help their own team stay even or perhaps win.

I'm fairly sure this post will not be popular with some players, the ones who have been handed a silver platter full of easy honor redeemable just by waiting right at the camp exit. But those few individuals aren't the ONLY ones who try to play the Battleground. Hopefully the rest of us are also important enough to be allowed a decently playable Battleground.

Should make the resource officer tougher.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

You are already wrong Condor. The Resource quarry officer is extremely strong, but for the fact that the guards aren't supports spawn camping. But to be honest, Spawn Camping does not break any Terms Of Service, it is a battle field, which means one team must emerge Victorious. Even in war times, not every soldier can be alive, some must die, some must have a way he can shoot other soldiers, then you can bring that same idea to battlegrounds. You can be attacked by everyone who is not in your team. Like I said not everyone can survive in a war, which means if your BG is runined, the most likely causes are, you have a low Battle rating. I can usually avoid campers or kill them though.

Comment

kill or be killed spawn camping increases kills over time

Comment

u choosing a way and never regret it man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its game style u think its easy to get or br high,,,, hell noooooo........... no we built t up little by little and not skiping it...........

Comment

Make players gain x3 honor if they defeat a player inside that zone (the middle after the last guard), and defeated player lose x3 honor if he is in the opponents zone.
            I think that will pretty much fix it.
            SlyDevil | s374

Comment

i got an idea, make resource recovery officer to attack on players if anyone comes near to camp n resource officer should be a 1 hit killer to players
              S371/Zetsuen.
              Honor: GDK
              KNIGHT ☣

Comment

i think that the battle grounds should be set to with 5k br of each other . no one can come in with no equipment unequiped . the guards around the camp should respawn after 5 minutes of being killed.

Comment

Originally posted by LilyRoseBud View Post
                  i think that the battle grounds should be set to with 5k br of each other . no one can come in with no equipment unequiped .
                  There are not enough people, unless you want to have a 4 people BG and how are you going to check if they have unequiped equipment?
                  SlyDevil | s374

Comment

Originally posted by HitTheOtherGuy View Post
                    Make players gain x3 honor if they defeat a player inside that zone (the middle after the last guard), and defeated player lose x3 honor if he is in the opponents zone.
                    I think that will pretty much fix it.
                    Make it so that if you are spawncamping, when you lose, you lose 3 times what you would normally gain, in addition to whatever the other player would normally take off you. Thus a spawncamping Imp C, loses ~500 honour.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X