Fix the word filter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix the word filter.

The word filter of Wartune is hanging on a narrow edge. It filters out words/acronyms which stand for (almost globally) known producers of products. For example "GM" is filtered out, which stands for stuff like Game Master, Guild Master, and in global industry, General Motors. Filtering that, for example is like giving an advertisement edge for Toyota. Fix the stuff before some nitpick notices your product preferences, for such in court of law is seen as infringement of one or other sort.
    Last edited by Anikai; 03-07-2014, 04:53 AM.

Since advertising in game is not allowed, I think we're good... Especially since the GM filtering has got nothing to do with Gen.Motors. This is no global industry, it's a game, after all. And not one about cars, either.
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

True. However, that's not how people in fancy suits see the world.

Addendum: besides, the filter cuts out a number of words which are narrow "swear words" in some languages, but completely different (non-swear ones) in others.
      Last edited by Anikai; 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM.

Comment

y.o.u. c.a.n. g.e.t a.r.o.u.n.d t.h.e w.o.r.d f.i.l.t.e.r
        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
          y.o.u. c.a.n. g.e.t a.r.o.u.n.d t.h.e w.o.r.d f.i.l.t.e.r
          W.h.i.c.h. o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y. i.s. n.o.t. a.l.l.o.w.e.d. ;.).
          "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
          and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Ah, so you know why it's filtered then? Do tell, I'm sure everybody is wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
              W.h.i.c.h. o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y. i.s. n.o.t. a.l.l.o.w.e.d. ;.).
              i.t.s. n.o.t. a. c.r.i.m.e. i.f. y.o.u. d.o.n.',t. g.e.t. c.a.u.g.h.t.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

the filters are too rough. If a word has a G and M next to eachother, then the that part of the word is cencored. That makes NO sense! Like, Fragments (its IN THE GAME and NOT filtered, but when you use the same word in chat, its filtered.) Be consistant atleast.

Comment

Working...
                X