Chaos VS Amnesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancev View Post
    Oh I think you're right, I didn't get amnesia in sylph form...yet. Didn't quite think that part I guess. But what happens when you get amnesia in sylph form and you turn back to normal. Does the effect disappear?
    when u shift to sylph or shift back and you had amnesia on either one, the effect disappears.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

in the long run amnesia is probably better for 1v1 as knight or archer, but currently it's still bugged. its not possible to stop a skill that has already been clicked by your enemy, like you can with intercept. even worse, the skill will go through and still cost 1 turn of your amnesia effect.
      also my amnesia is lvl 7 but still blocks only 3 skills for 2 turns with a 100% chance. at lvl 8 it will still be 2 turns but 4 skills. now if u consider what i just said above, then thats only 1 effective turn blocking 4 skills at lvl 8... totally not worth it until u can block at least for 3 turns (hopefully at lvl 9) or they fix the damn rune.
      Last edited by Setsuna88; 03-12-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
        in the long run amnesia is probably better for 1v1 as knight or archer, but currently it's still bugged. its not possible to stop a skill that has already been clicked by your enemy, like you can with intercept. even worse, the skill will go through and still cost 1 turn of your amnesia effect.
        also my amnesia is lvl 7 but still blocks only 3 skills for 2 turns with a 100% chance. at lvl 8 it will still be 2 turns but 4 skills. now if u consider what i just said above, then thats only 1 effective turn blocking 4 skills at lvl 8... totally not worth it until u can block at least for 3 turns (hopefully at lvl 9) or they fix the damn rune.
        well actually it works sometimes, when the opponents gaia uses amnesia on the skill i just clicked to use I normal attack...actually sometimes i can only normal attack until the effect dissapears like it wont accept any other command. Amnesia is bugged but I wonder if chaos works properly since people were saying that not even at lvl 10 it wont work 100% as it says....

Comment

Both runes make sense only if you level them up to like lvl 8-10 and that takes an eternity.

I have a lvl 5 chaos rune. In 15 CW battles, it worked only once. Chaos rune have a chance to stick on opponent, and when it sticks, it have a chance to work. So actually, it does anything only 10% of the time at level 5 (tested this in like 40 battles). The higher your opponent's level, the less chance for it to work. It cost an insane amount of runestones, I think I collected them for 3-4 months until I could level it to 5. Level 10, when it works more often, must be a year or something.

Amnesia is even worse. It doesn't do anything. Sure at higher levels it has a CHANCE to work and block a few skills. But I have 5 skills, HS plus 2 runes. So if you block 2-3 of those, I just do something else. It is very rare that you can block the skill which the opponent MUST use or he loses. Some guys used it against me on CW, it didnt make any difference even when it was successful. So it is even useless than chaos. Obviously at level 10 you can block most skill, but you will be playing a different game long before you attain that.
          My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
            Those 5 skills include HS and 2 runes, so if you have 5 pet skills you have a total of 8 blockable skills. There is still a chance you will be able to cast delphic. Personally I would use Chaos, simply because I've seen it work better than Amnesia in many aspects of the game,specially in group PVP vs stronger opponents. But Amnesia is pretty darn cool too.
            nvm a person anser it before i came down to it
            Last edited by TjiTzUr; 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
              well actually it works sometimes, when the opponents gaia uses amnesia on the skill i just clicked to use I normal attack...actually sometimes i can only normal attack until the effect dissapears like it wont accept any other command. Amnesia is bugged but I wonder if chaos works properly since people were saying that not even at lvl 10 it wont work 100% as it says....
              maybe i should give it another try then. in my test duels it never worked.
              the way i see it, chaos rune is not supposed to work 100% of the time, at lvl 10 your enemy will get debuffed 100% of the time but then its still only a 50:50 chance. the passive skill of hades works the same way and is explained better in the skill description. there it says "...will target friends and enemies alike..." . it says something similar when u look at the debuff of chaos rune. only the rune itself has a bad description.
              Last edited by Setsuna88; 03-12-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Lots of different opinions, thanks to everyone who shared theirs ^.^

Lots of people mentioned class, I am a mage, and I do have a gaia but haven't gotten the Jupiter move (maybe in the future).

Setsuna, the information you posted is very useful. I knew that chaos didn't always work, but didn't realize the reason is that the rune truly is 'chaos', can attack anyone-friend or enemy. I also didn't realize than amnesia basically loses one turn. I am still torn haha!

I find that while they are certainly different they are very much similar. When I get chaosed I choose to only auto attack, until it's gone (in gb or arena), so I might as well have all my skills blocked out (or I can summon). If I'm under amnesia though I know which skills I can use as intended, and obviously I use what I can (or I can summon). So I guess I'm leaning towards chaos, since that is the rune that hurts me the most when I get hit. If anyone disagrees with his train of thought please do speak up!

Comment

id say go for chaos. the reason i lvled my amnesia was for cw. now with overpowered sylphs, my idea was that if i could block their skills for 2-3 rounds, i would gain a huge advantage.
                  sadly it didnt work out as planned cause of the problems with amnesia i explained earlier.
                  i think chaos is more useful in general (tok, group arena, GB,..) and as a mage its more useful even in cw, where u can steal ur enemy's heals (maybe this is less important now with sylphs oneshotting eachother, but this might change again with the guardian system).

Comment

well from what i think amnesia is only good when u have: lvl 10, and u activate when they r in slyph mode, useful mostly for bg or cw

chaos on the other hand can be useful in lots of things and works pretty well even when its not level 10. i have a lvl 5 chaos and it works wonders for me. if they have iris is just use it right after they slyph so that rain dance has a chance to heal me otherwise i use it when they hs or do aoe. Also, the chance of them hitting their own party/healing ur party depends

for buffs they cast on themselves tit is 0% for reasons unknown( such as agoran shield, buffs for 500 awakening points in sylph mode etc.) otherwise, heals/runes on themselves such as resto, blood follows the same rules as single target attacks.
                    for aoe skills like whirl/bless etc it is 50/50 since there r 2 parties
                    for single target attacks the chance varies. lets say that both sides still had all troops surviving. the chance of hitting a specified target is 20%(you, 2 friendly troops, 2 enemy troops) so, the chance of hitting one of their party is 40% and the chance of hitting your party is 60%

as previously mentioned, the chance for the enemy to have the chaos effect is determined by the level of the rune. the chance that they will hit their own party is completely determined by the number of surviving targets

hope this helped
                    IGN- Sylph
                    Proficient City s165
                    Lvl 80
                    light casher
                    123k br
                    28k br purple 1 star gaia
                    crit/block build
                    guild:Majapahit
                    sky trail up to 2-9

Comment

So far, as I have learned..

Amnesia:
                      1. Can be dispelled by changing mode (sylph to human mode, vice versa)
                      2. Activated skills cannot be stopped, even though it was blocked.
                      3. Needs to be in higher level to be more annoying (since it will block more skills at higher level)

Chaos
                      1. Does not work on damaging skills if the enemy is alone.
                      2. Does not work on self-targeted skills and runes (self only, not group target skills), which means low level puri rune could end it, if they have it. (at high level the puri rune becomes group target, I think... )
                      3. Low proc rate at early levels.
                      4. It really is not a 100% proc rate at level 10 (that is what I have understand)

Amnesia:
                      1. Proc rate is high, even at early level (50% is already good)
                      2. Blocks even the HS and runes
                      3. Destroys enemies tactics...
                      4. Can waste the enemies' sylph mode (when they try to dispel it), considering sylph skills are very powerful.

Chaos:
                      1. Can steal heals and buffs from enemies.
                      2. The effect is visible, which means it is cooler and more fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Janite View Post
                        Lots of different opinions, thanks to everyone who shared theirs ^.^

Lots of people mentioned class, I am a mage, and I do have a gaia but haven't gotten the Jupiter move (maybe in the future).

Setsuna, the information you posted is very useful. I knew that chaos didn't always work, but didn't realize the reason is that the rune truly is 'chaos', can attack anyone-friend or enemy. I also didn't realize than amnesia basically loses one turn. I am still torn haha!

I find that while they are certainly different they are very much similar. When I get chaosed I choose to only auto attack, until it's gone (in gb or arena), so I might as well have all my skills blocked out (or I can summon). If I'm under amnesia though I know which skills I can use as intended, and obviously I use what I can (or I can summon). So I guess I'm leaning towards chaos, since that is the rune that hurts me the most when I get hit. If anyone disagrees with his train of thought please do speak up!

Amnesia is randomed... You say that if you are under amnesia, you could use the remaining skills... But then, consider the situation when the remaining skills (those that are not blocked) are in cooldown, so meaning, you have no skill to use.... And if you are in a situation where the awaken points are not yet full (which means you hae to wait until it will be full to transform), then you cannot dispel it immediately.

Amnesia destroys the enemies tactic... Most players who play already have a plan in their mind the skills they will use, as well as the order of when to use their skills.... Blocking just even one of it will destroy that plan, making the player disturbed... Unless they have quick mind, they will lose the battle... That is my opinion.

Comment

use both.... chaos at the start of the round, hopefully they kill their own troops and thats less damage you take, or maybe you get a free heal or shield. when they switch to sylph, thats where amnesia shines, as the rune skills aren't shown, you can block a few number of skills. A full amnesia would block a full sylph from doing anything but sit there useless.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

chaos, since on BG i don't really need to use "premium" rune on fights. brutal and heal/blood is more than enough for me.
                            so i need rune which is best for group arena instead, and that's chaos.

Comment

I like amnesia for dealing with sylph mode but chaos makes me giggle so that'll be the one I work on first.

Comment

focus on amnesia,, after this 1 lvled enought ull farm...
                                -West Coast S115

Comment

Working...
                                X