Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Arena Changes

Idea Starter!!!!

These are some suggestions/ideas, just to get a cool conversation going about group arena. Let me know what you think about these changes, or if you have any ideas of your own feel free to add them in. **DISCLAIMER** I want this to be a CONSTRUCTIVE and POSITIVE thread, not a flame and complain.

Change to group arena #1) No Holy Seal. Reason why: Holy seal is put great for a character who has been playing for a long time in a 1v1 situation in Battlegrounds to have a safe guard against younger, stronger characters that have a lower honor level. Since no honor is exchanged in group arena, in my opinion it doesn't belong here. 3 people stunning an entire team can be very frustrating; also it's not how I think 7Road/R2 meant holy seal to work.

Change to group arena #2) Reduced healing effectiveness. Group arena is a 3v3 match to see which team is stronger. Not to see which team can last until 100% damage timer and save their powerful moves because they are using heal after heal, which is easy with the introduction of sylphs.
    -Specific Nerfs: The moves Rain Dance and Blessed light are limited to ONE use per team, per match.
    -After receiving a heal (heal rune, restoration, etc., [excluding knights healing off blocks]) healing effectiveness is reduced by 50% for the next 3 turns.
    This will reduce the indiscriminate healing that some teams employ, and hopefully inspire them to take action against the opponent.

This is not exhaustive, they are just 2 examples that I think come up more than anything else in group arena. REMEMBER**** I want this to be a constructive experience, like an idea builder. Please don't take this personally if you have a "heal" strategy, post your ideas on what you think is over-powered!

PLEASE NOTE: If you have something to complain about it, this is not the place. Please post SPECIFIC changes that could be applied to balance something out. Thanks all!

Originally posted by R217464519 View Post
    Idea Starter!!!!

These are some suggestions/ideas, just to get a cool conversation going about group arena. Let me know what you think about these changes, or if you have any ideas of your own feel free to add them in. **DISCLAIMER** I want this to be a CONSTRUCTIVE and POSITIVE thread, not a flame and complain.

Change to group arena #1) No Holy Seal. Reason why: Holy seal is put great for a character who has been playing for a long time in a 1v1 situation in Battlegrounds to have a safe guard against younger, stronger characters that have a lower honor level. Since no honor is exchanged in group arena, in my opinion it doesn't belong here. 3 people stunning an entire team can be very frustrating; also it's not how I think 7Road/R2 meant holy seal to work.
    7Roads intended HS to work that way. They want players to buy DOUBLE EXP scroll everyday to gain the maximum possible EXP so they can use HS.

Change to group arena #2) Reduced healing effectiveness. Group arena is a 3v3 match to see which team is stronger. Not to see which team can last until 100% damage timer and save their powerful moves because they are using heal after heal, which is easy with the introduction of sylphs.
    -Specific Nerfs: The moves Rain Dance and Blessed light are limited to ONE use per team, per match.
    -After receiving a heal (heal rune, restoration, etc., [excluding knights healing off blocks]) healing effectiveness is reduced by 50% for the next 3 turns.
    This will reduce the indiscriminate healing that some teams employ, and hopefully inspire them to take action against the opponent.

This is not exhaustive, they are just 2 examples that I think come up more than anything else in group arena. REMEMBER**** I want this to be a constructive experience, like an idea builder. Please don't take this personally if you have a "heal" strategy, post your ideas on what you think is over-powered!

PLEASE NOTE: If you have something to complain about it, this is not the place. Please post SPECIFIC changes that could be applied to balance something out. Thanks all!
    No. You're trying to nerf heal-builds.
    This is a typical example of players who hates other builds. When something is working properly, player wants to nerf it.

The next suggestion you're going to come up with is to nerf the power of balens.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

I am just sending out suggestions, I use a heal build, and no I am not mad at it, you clearly didn't understand my intent for this post, please if you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to post, don't just say something unintelligible like, "somebody hates this....blah blah blah poop poop..." Please if you have a counter-argument as to WHY heal builds should be viable, and if they ARE balanced give us an example.

I use very tanky champions with iris. I win 30 arenas everyday because we have 3 tanky iris users in my arena group. It's obviously unbalanced because we beat people with MUCH higher BRs constantly. So please before you start typing something, make it worthwhile, thanks.

Comment

people with higher br losing to you must suck

Comment

I do agree that iris does make things a tad unbalanced. However, saying heal builds should be nerfed will mean mages that have a heal build as primary for so many things should never do arena. This in itself is a bad idea. There is more to a player's strength than just the amount of damage they do . A mage's strengths are the heals. Heal built mages are there to keep teams alive. For example, using purification to get rid of holy seal or other debuffs. Meanwhile all the other members of a team can do the damage.

Comment

i never make arena party all use holy 6 rounds or 9 with me and i cant play then i nevr enter in arena party now -.- i never play i think in my server and other servers too 4 or 5 people play arena party others never i see in arena o.O
            Name:Ereshkigal
            Class:Archer
            Level:65
            Server:246
            Br:85.000

Comment

I am just sending out suggestions, I use a heal build, and no I am not mad at it, you clearly didn't understand my intent for this post, please if you don't have something CONSTRUCTIVE to post, don't just say something unintelligible like, "somebody hates this....blah blah blah poop poop..." Please if you have a counter-argument as to WHY heal builds should be viable, and if they ARE balanced give us an example.

I use very tanky champions with iris. I win 30 arenas everyday because we have 3 tanky iris users in my arena group. It's obviously unbalanced because we beat people with MUCH higher BRs constantly. So please before you start typing something, make it worthwhile, thanks.
              Explain the meaning of balance to me, in this context. Give an example as well.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

I feel that heal builds are balanced. Why? When someone is focusing on healing they are doing much less damage. In a three man team you could have 2 focusing on damage, and 1 on healing. This is balanced because the opponent has the CHOICE to either go all damage or the can try to counter the heals with their own heals. In arena sometimes I lose to the 3 iris teams, and sometimes I'd be willing to bet that they do have lower BR. Should that be nerfed? No. Why? Because we could use the same strategy if we wanted.

I'm a mage and a large part of my job is healing. To nerf my class is ridiculous. You might as well ask for archers and knights to be reduced in strength or defenses - it's the same thing. So no I don't think it's balanced to nerf 1 class and not the rest.

I am one of those annoying healer people. BL before Iris is summoned, Rain dance after summon, if battle isn't over I'll BL again... rage rune. Don't forget sun and the random resto just for fun. Iris isn't my main sylph, I farmed it mostly for arena which indicates that anyone could do the same if they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Janite View Post
                  I feel that heal builds are balanced. Why? When someone is focusing on healing they are doing much less damage. In a three man team you could have 2 focusing on damage, and 1 on healing. This is balanced because the opponent has the CHOICE to either go all damage or the can try to counter the heals with their own heals. In arena sometimes I lose to the 3 iris teams, and sometimes I'd be willing to bet that they do have lower BR. Should that be nerfed? No. Why? Because we could use the same strategy if we wanted.

I'm a mage and a large part of my job is healing. To nerf my class is ridiculous. You might as well ask for archers and knights to be reduced in strength or defenses - it's the same thing. So no I don't think it's balanced to nerf 1 class and not the rest.

I am one of those annoying healer people. BL before Iris is summoned, Rain dance after summon, if battle isn't over I'll BL again... rage rune. Don't forget sun and the random resto just for fun. Iris isn't my main sylph, I farmed it mostly for arena which indicates that anyone could do the same if they wanted.
                  +1 to this post.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Well healing is part of the game, and from tactic. Every team is free to use Irises and to heal. And even more - Iris is free Sylph, all you need is to buy Rain Dance - which is not so much expensive - only 445 balens, and most important you can have it with bound balens. So everyone is free to use it. Other thing - you said if someone use mass heal (doesnt matter Rain dance or Blessed light) next 3 turns the amount of healing to be reduced with 50%. Well that's useless. Why? On 3rd turn (1st is rune casting, second is the turn with most aoe spells) one mage can cast blessed light (ofc if mage have enough rage) and till his Iris is rdy to be aweken and use rain dance 3 turns will pass and then he can use rain dance w/o healing reduction. Ofc you meant smtg else - when all players in same time use rain dance/blessed light, but sometimes this is a mistake, and you can counter it. Just let them to use all their healings at once and then while their healings are in cd you can kick their butts with delphics cuz you can use that turn that they use to heal to cast your rune of brutal (if cd is rdy ofc).

About stuns... yes they are nasty, but its all random. You know all 3 members of one team can focus and stun only one guy from enemy team, so its all about luck. And yes hs is an advantage but not always helps..., so often with my team we beat other teams after we were stunned, so stun is not all. I am seen too much players that have rly high lvl of hs, but their dmg is miserable and they cant accumulate their advantage and to kill us. And one more thing once you are stunned, on next fight you can stun, so its balanced.
                    BEYOND GODLIKE!

Comment

Idea Starter!!!!

actually this is dumb if u don't like your a s s then u better builld your character properly if am getting the point

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        Explain the meaning of balance to me, in this context. Give an example as well.
                        He did you moron. He specifically gave the example of three irises in arena that can pretty much heal indefinitely. To balance this ludicrous situation he was suggesting limiting the use of heals (and not nerfing them completely as you mentioned in a previous post)

Comment

Originally posted by R29611535 View Post
                          He did you moron. He specifically gave the example of three irises in arena that can pretty much heal indefinitely. To balance this ludicrous situation he was suggesting limiting the use of heals (and not nerfing them completely as you mentioned in a previous post)
                          He didn't say that. You did.

However, indefinite is used too casually by you. The healing provided by Iris/Mage is limited, but the damage taken increased by 50% every minute. So prove to me that a battle in GA can last 10 minutes. Genius?
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                          X