X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free-to-play

Source: wikipedia

Emphasis mine.

"Free-to-play (F2P) refers to video games which gives players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. There are several kinds of free-to-play games, but the most common is based on the freemium software model. For freemium games, users are granted access to a fully functional game, but must pay microtransactions to access additional content."

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" games. A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is that payments should only be used to broaden the experience without affecting gameplay.Some suggest finding a balance between a game that encourages players to pay for extra content that enhances the game without making the free version feel limited by comparison. This theory is that players who do not pay for items would still increase awareness of it through word of mouth marketing, which ultimately benefits the game indirectly. In response to concerns about players using payments to gain an advantage in game, titles such as World of Tanks have explicitly committed to not giving paying players any advantages over their non-paying peers."
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Free-to-play is not free-to-win.

R2Games' advertisement did not lie to you.
    You created an account, log in, started a character. You joined all events (you didn't have to pay to join events).
    You get to play everything. Hence, free-to-play.

However, you did not get to win without paying. Hence, pay-to-win.

If you want to get advantage over others, you spend money.
    If you don't want to spend money, get used to long waiting times for the items to be given to you free.

Once again, Wartune is free-to-play but pay-to-win.
    Don't spend money, don't expect to win.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Yes, True..

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        Source: wikipedia

Emphasis mine.

"Free-to-play (F2P) refers to video games which gives players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. There are several kinds of free-to-play games, but the most common is based on the freemium software model. For freemium games, users are granted access to a fully functional game, but must pay microtransactions to access additional content."
        Nice try mate, but almost whiners will be whine just for whine xD

Comment

well that's cleared that up.....
          ''No body wants to play the game,Everybody just wants to win!"

Comment

Condor do you want to explain free to forum but not free to talk about things in game?
            Last edited by PrinceRpf; 03-17-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceRpf View Post
              Condor do you want to explain free to forum but no free to talk about thinks in game?
              Why does even want to look more like?

Great post Condor.
              "… Stupid people do stupid things.
              Smart people outsmart each other.
              Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
              TheGuardingDark status: ██
              senadbasic status: ██
              oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceRpf View Post
                Condor do you want to explain free to forum but no free to talk about thinks in game?
                English please.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

English not my first language but I corrected it :P

Comment

Double post detected.
                    Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

trolly true
                      Character Name: ßłắÇkLash
                      Server: [S310] Howling Hills R2games
                      Guild: Wardens
                      Position: Assist Guild Master
                      Class: Mage

Comment

all i know is: free to play implies free to win, cos most of people play to win, otherwise is not a game, is more like the real life, when we the noncashers cant have the advantage from cashers. As example i can say: no everyone can get an i-phone but there is other ways to enjoy the goods of new tech like android, so i agree with game having cashers but they dont need to whine cos noncahsers catch up, if u look what really is doing a casher is taking less time to get all stuff in game, while the noncasher needs to work for it, so i think is a good exchange i pay money for not effort, if not i must work. What i dont agree is noncashers having no chance even if they work like hell to get the stuff, so sc and whip event is just a way for noncasher to get stuff, so if developers will exclude those event, they must bring new ones, so free players can keep playing, otherwise let the rich people kill themselves and lets go to another game we can actually play

Comment

Originally posted by tinghol View Post
                          all i know is: free to play implies free to win, cos most of people play to win, otherwise is not a game, is more like the real life, when we the noncashers cant have the advantage from cashers. As example i can say: no everyone can get an i-phone but there is other ways to enjoy the goods of new tech like android, so i agree with game having cashers but they dont need to whine cos noncahsers catch up, if u look what really is doing a casher is taking less time to get all stuff in game, while the noncasher needs to work for it, so i think is a good exchange i pay money for not effort, if not i must work. What i dont agree is noncashers having no chance even if they work like hell to get the stuff, so sc and whip event is just a way for noncasher to get stuff, so if developers will exclude those event, they must bring new ones, so free players can keep playing, otherwise let the rich people kill themselves and lets go to another game we can actually play
                          Despites all the whinings and threats to quit, the noncashers still play the game and play spectator to a game where the extreme cashers are dominating. I think if the players want to quit, they already quit instead of threats.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

well im vip only but im top mage on my server while there are tons of heavy casher mages that try to be better than me but its futile

example one of em bought all possible mounts,have lvl 5 wings(mine 3) max fate(mine 9) he have both Apollo and hades and all sylphs are purple+ stars(no hades or Apollo at me and no purple sylph)

heck he even got 4k patk more than me,all runes that exsist(me only first 3) and still die like hell

some things cant be bought in game its called brains (and if u ask me how I only vip am stronger than him ill gladly tell u)

not necessarily pay to win

Comment

Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
                              well im vip only but im top mage on my server while there are tons of heavy casher mages that try to be better than me but its futile

example one of em bought all possible mounts,have lvl 5 wings(mine 3) max fate(mine 9) he have both Apollo and hades and all sylphs are purple+ stars(no hades or Apollo at me and no purple sylph)

heck he even got 4k patk more than me,all runes that exsist(me only first 3) and still die like hell

some things cant be bought in game its called brains (and if u ask me how I only vip am stronger than him ill gladly tell u)

not necessarily pay to win
                              Probably the second last person I expect to tell me about having brains.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X