Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubts about scatter and incendiary shot for archers

Hi,

I am a 62 level archer, and I have scatter level 2, which is enough for moon nm. But I was wondering if it is necessary to go for level 3 for future mpd, or if level 2 is enough

About incendiary shot. is it really that important? First of all, I have to say I dont understand it completely. It says: reduces damage by 30% for all targets currently under buffs. Does that mean that if I use it, a boss which have a buff will make 30% less damage? If thats the case, it means you should first use incendiary shot (when the boss have a buff), and after that scatter to eliminate the buff. Is that correct?

I would really appreciate if somebody could explain incendiary shot in detail to me (what it does and how/when to use it), and also if I will need scatter 3 or 2 is enough

I dont have double skills. Too many balens for me, thats why I wanna be sure which skills to upgrade

Thanks in advanced

not sure about scatter 3, but the buff icon that your enemies get from incendiary is what decreases their dmg by 30%. They don't need to have their own buffs on for it to work. Very useful in most situations.

Comment

adetayo, so the "targets currently under buffs" doesnt mean they have to have buffs? is the explanation of the skill incorrect? So you can use the incendiary shot at first attack and their damage will be reduced?

and hope somebody can tell me about scatter level 3

Comment

Scatter 3 is only useful in ToK atm (for example, when you want to dispel apollo and suntoria, but they also have the archer damage buff).

Scatter does not dispel debuffs - it will not dispel incendiary. If an opponent casts Puri or something like that on themselves, they can remove it (also Purification rune, stage 17 in spire has a buff that purifies her etc.).

Incendiary: Deals base damage to one random target. Then it deals a smaller amount of damage to all opponents in the area (before the change in formation, while we had 3 rows and colums, the text on the size of the area was relevant - now it's just unnecessarily complicated). Then all opponents in the area receive a debuff. The debuff lasts for 3 rounds. This is how it is different compared to apollo - one round here is the round of your opponent (apollo is on your party so double hitting will remove it faster).

Why is Inc so good?

1. Its damage on lvl 3 is almost as good as your delphic, but it costs less rage. With a lot of crit the 20% bonus crit chance on delphic will seem irrelevant.
        2. It deals area damage, and this damage is added to the base damage for the target that was hit by the single target attack (so it's a bit better than it might seem at first). This also enables you to debuff targets even if you miss.
        3. In dungeons, it stacks with freeze wonderfully and can reduce the damage output of bosses by 30% permanently. You REALLY want this. Some people use it for the debuff right before the opponent enters the sylph (it lasts for 3 rounds, so awaken-spell-delphic will be reduced). Even in ToK you can at least use it to force mages to puri and not kill you :P
        4. In spire it's almost critical for surviving some of the toughest attacks that would instantly kill your whole party (stages 8, 13, 14, 15, 16...) or some of you (stages 6, 8, 11, 17, 18...). You'll probably be using it everywhere, but the stage where it will be needed most depends on your power level.
        5. Its main advantage, however, is the talent that you can get. You can reduce the cd so low that you can use it repeatedly and keep the debuff on your opponents even if they aren't frozen. It's also great for some cool repetitive damage, though you'll probably use sylphs for that at this point.

EDIT:

And a hint about double skills.
        If you can reset your skills, better buy double (the difference in cost is negligible). You can do it with bound balens without much trouble. I have one skill set with the PvE (inc, ap) branch (all skills maxed) - scatter 3 and bloodthirsty 3 and the other one with Lunatic (trying to keep all skills i'm going to use at one moment at max level). At about lvl 72 you won't need double skills anymore if you focus on pve or pvp, but i believe they are worth the investment - just first carefully think of an arrangement that will suit you and go with it because you probably won't reset anytime soon.
        Last edited by WickedSilk; 04-08-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I will definitely add incendiary to my skills tree

Comment

no need for scatter lvl 3 as far as i know and incindary shot is important
            Name:MODOKâ„¢
            Class:Archer
            Server:Kabam s28(West)
            Guild:CritRime
            Level:Advanced 80
            BR(MAX):1.6 mil
            Honor Rank:Sky Dragon Knight

Comment

start saving bb for double skill .. its better
              -West Coast S115

Comment

Incendiary shot + Apollo shield + guardian rune = 0 damage? Heh.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  Incendiary shot + Apollo shield + guardian rune = 0 damage? Heh.
                  There is still the 10% damage rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                    There is still the 10% damage rule.
                    i dont think that guardian rune stackable with apollo shield
                    -West Coast S115

Comment

Okay Inc shot is a must for higher mpds and works really well in pvp (if you get rage fast) scatter 3 is for tok and pvp bare minimum. always good to have both maxed
                      "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

and one last question. What about the "reduces damages for targets under buffs"? What does that exactly mean? In MPD, can I use it only after the boss has some buffs? Or as first shot (considering the inmune to stun as a buff)? In PvP, does it add the 30% damage reduction or not?

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
                          and one last question. What about the "reduces damages for targets under buffs"? What does that exactly mean? In MPD, can I use it only after the boss has some buffs? Or as first shot (considering the inmune to stun as a buff)? In PvP, does it add the 30% damage reduction or not?
                          it reduces damage done by the enemies you hit it with. so if it would normally do 1000, it will now do 700. you can use it at any time, doesnt matter if there are other buffs on target or not

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
                            it reduces damage done by the enemies you hit it with. so if it would normally do 1000, it will now do 700. you can use it at any time, doesnt matter if there are other buffs on target or not
                            Well, bosses have the 'cannot be stunned' buff always on so incen will always work there.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
                              Inciendiary shot is a kind of debuff itself...the buff in the description is referring to the enemies being debuffed by inciendiary shot. This debuff only lasts for 3 of the enemy turns and is mostly useful in PVE since you can combo with deep freeze to increase the length of their turn to allow more time to gather rage as well as for the skill to cd. In PVP its useless against most teams since with runes n awakening it can eat up 2 or 3 turns v fast and deep freeze doesn't work in PVP except on default attacks which almost no one in arena/bg/cw uses...but the 30% reduction works everywhere as long as a target is still under the debuff. In dungeons, its actually better sometimes to scatter before you cast inciendiary depending on what buff the boss is using since if they get a buff that increase their dmg by 100%, reducing it by 30% still gives it more dmg than its normal one as compared to if you scatter the buff, it deals normal dmg.

Inciendiary is a must have for dungeons along with scatter. As for lv 3 of scatter, its only use is in PVP since if an enemy team has a knight, mage and archer, they can stack multiple buffs easily (e.g. agoran shield, battle prowess, suntoria, apollo, etc.) If you are not intending to engage in lots of PVP, lv 2 scatter is more than sufficient.
                              IGN: Athena
                              Guild: Warriors
                              Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                              Class: Archer
                              Difficulty Level: Noob
                              BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                              X