How do you get ten out of eight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TisOnlyi
    started a topic How do you get ten out of eight?

How do you get ten out of eight?

The infamous game lag hit a new low today . . . . . .
    it was obvious during the World Boss fight that someone had forgotten to stoke the boiler on Wyestead S468 because I didn't have any time waiting to resurrect after being killed. By the time the screen managed to change from the fight scene back to the cavern, the thirty second "death recovery" was long since over.
    Of course, it took another clear minute or so to stagger the few steps from the arrival point to the WB to initiate another attack, but that's a separate problem. Between waiting to reset and then having to crawl slowly along the floor to try again, I think I managed all of about four strikes against WB today, I am trying not to get too giddy at all the Gold I won! Not.

But the real proof of the lag came a little after WB. I undertook a Bounty Quest and it was one that SHOULD have been a piece of cake, "Score 1000 playing Whack-a-Mouse". How hard can that be? I've done it dozens of times. . . . .

Actually it is quite difficult to hit ten mice when you're only offered eight before the timer runs out! I made three attempts to complete the (apparently simple) task but, even if I swung the picnic ham perfectly and hit every single mouse that appeared, I simply could not score the magic Ten within thirty seconds, because there were never ten to hit. This Lag is becoming more than an inconvenience and irritation now, it is becoming a complete show stopper.

As I cannot clear the (Whack a Mouse) task I decided to close and clear my browser and do a little PC housekeeping. But I should have known better than to log-out when Wyestead is on a go-slow: because, of course, I cannot get back in now.

I really think I'll should just write off the time, effort and £$£$ and maybe hope that something like SkyForge is better.

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtemisS58 View Post
    the water makes them float out the hole then u wack em. duh
    their wet fur is counterproductive to floating and they don't know how to swim...so u get drowned mice instead of floating mice to whack =P

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by TisOnlyi View Post
    That Noticeboard location is (arguably) the second most lagged point on the game and beaten only by the Running-through-treacle effect of the World Boss entrance.
    yep, the area around elise, dinah, and bounty board are the laggiest point. that's why i took the south route every time i got a sylph hunting circuit quest, and afk my toon on empty area before i entered my city.

Leave a comment:

• TisOnlyi
    replied
    Originally posted by kimwong View Post
    "Score 1000 playing Whack-a-Mouse"
    Easy quest, can finished it in ~10 s, maybe your comp is lag, no problem with this quest

SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6
    The relevant part of your reply is "SERVER: Kong-S6"

You're quite correct KimWong, anyone SHOULD be able to complete 10 Mouse Murders within ten seconds easily, and I am sure that on your Kong Server you can. But yesterday S468 Wyestead was so overloaded and slow that only eight Mice appeared within the whole 30 seconds and I can assure you that it was a Server issue and my PC is more than adequate. No way my "comp is lag" because, a few hours later, Wyestead was reset and I did complete the Bounty question in well under 10 seconds without any changes having been made to my PC.

Originally posted by DemonRockstar View Post
    I find anything you do in cloud city gives lag these days, try clicking on your city and then doing the whack a mouse and maybe the lag will be less.
    Thanks Rockstar. That is good, sound advice for anyone at the Bounty Noticeboard: i.e [i]do NOT undertake your Quests there. That Noticeboard location is (arguably) the second most lagged point on the game and beaten only by the Running-through-treacle effect of the World Boss entrance.

Leave a comment:

• ArtemisS58
    replied
    Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
    That's not whack a mouse anymore...it's called drown the mouse....totally does not fit the criteria of the quest =P you need either cheese or an accelarator
    the water makes them float out the hole then u wack em. duh

Leave a comment:

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtemisS58 View Post
    why go through so much trouble? put a hose in the hole and let the water run at full power
    That's not whack a mouse anymore...it's called drown the mouse....totally does not fit the criteria of the quest =P you need either cheese or an accelarator

Leave a comment:

• ArtemisS58
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    Have you fed them? Try using a bit of cheese maybe the mice will come out of hiding.
    why go through so much trouble? put a hose in the hole and let the water run at full power

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Have you fed them? Try using a bit of cheese maybe the mice will come out of hiding.

Leave a comment:

• DemonRockstar
    replied
    I find anything you do in cloud city gives lag these days, try clicking on your city and then doing the whack a mouse and maybe the lag will be less. I have noticed this helps when I am fishing. If I open the fishing page when I am in cloud city I get lag but it seems ok if I open when in my city

Leave a comment:

• kimwong
    replied
    "Score 1000 playing Whack-a-Mouse"
    Easy quest, can finished it in ~10 s, maybe your comp is lag, no problem with this quest

Leave a comment:

Working...
X