Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So R2, ever gonna get off your *** and fix bg/arena matching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scyris View Post
    WHy? because people are too chicken **** to have to fight some fair fights? Thats about the only reason why I can see people don't want a BG where people are around the same BR
    Well since you refuse to look up the posts relating to battle ground based on BR ill enlighten you on the obvious flaws in it.

1. People will fast level with low br and have sylphs, mounts, hs, and alot more skills than those of same BR. Take for example someone level to 50 without any time to build their character so relatively low BR. They could pottentially be put up against people who dont have any sylphs hs or greatly less skill points. How can one consider this fair?

2. Like TOK, people could strip of everything to get into a bg with low br then put everything back on or fight without and still win because of superior other factors such as in point 1.

3. Means less people willing to cash alot because all that br will put them into battle grounds where there may be less people or those who cash as equally much. In a timed event this will upset the major cashers greatly because matches last too long.

4. Depending on br classes, there will be very few in battle grounds. because not everyone can get to 150K br.

These are only a few of the major flaws that are obvious to anyone that thinks about the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchersCheat-44 View Post
      You don't need to go in BG's for lord divine..

Guild battles? Win them, and you can get 1k+ honour.
      Average of 800ish for most top guilds.

Thank me now?
      thank you, didnt realize I should just send all non cashers and lower cashers that doesnt have vip lvl 9 to gb. Bg would be just for those who wants to test their skills against same br, not about honor, got it. Still who will enter the bg to test their skills against same br if they will lose 400 honor for each defeat?
      Last edited by Draggyy; 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoera View Post
        Well, your luck sucks in arena then. I was in lvl 39 range and I got paired of with lvl 80s+. It wasn't that all the matches just once or twice.
        Matching br in any PvP is bad. You reward people for not working and being weak. It would mess with everything. People slow level for lots of reasons.
        Main one I see is because you can get strong without spending 1000s+.
        rephrase that for accuracy--r2 is rewarding people that buy high brs by not matching brs in arenas/pvp. if r2 is going to punish anyone, it will be the free riders, not the cashers

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          lets be logical. lvl 70 50k BR vs lvl 50 50k BR, who will win? basically matching by BR is rewarding people by being weak. so hypocrite you are calling others chicken when you dont have the guts to fight other people on your same level.
          Still its a fairer fight. Which is kinda the entire point of why it should be matched by br.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoera View Post
            Well, your luck sucks in arena then. I was in lvl 39 range and I got paired of with lvl 80s+. It wasn't that all the matches just once or twice.
            Matching br in any PvP is bad. You reward people for not working and being weak. It would mess with everything. People slow level for lots of reasons.
            Main one I see is because you can get strong without spending 1000s+.
            Sigh none of you get it at all. is the concept of a fair even fight that oblivious to you? thats the whole point of this thread, pvp is not fun when one side just curb stomps the other. Whether I am on the side thats doing it, or the one being curb stomped. It'd just be nice to be able to fight people with bout same br in pvp, so its more player skill and not just totally your br that determines fights. But I guess most of you are just too scared to have a even fight where you cannot just curbstomp the opponent by having way higher br. I prefer skill based pvp, pvp in pretty much all R2 games is usually whoever has most br=wins. There is no skill or enjoyment in it really, Only people ok with the current system are the ones who are too scared to fight someone your own br since you well probally suck at the game due to not being able to win vs same br, so you'd rather smash people who don't got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
              Well since you refuse to look up the posts relating to battle ground based on BR ill enlighten you on the obvious flaws in it.

1. People will fast level with low br and have sylphs, mounts, hs, and alot more skills than those of same BR. Take for example someone level to 50 without any time to build their character so relatively low BR. They could pottentially be put up against people who dont have any sylphs hs or greatly less skill points. How can one consider this fair?

2. Like TOK, people could strip of everything to get into a bg with low br then put everything back on or fight without and still win because of superior other factors such as in point 1.

3. Means less people willing to cash alot because all that br will put them into battle grounds where there may be less people or those who cash as equally much. In a timed event this will upset the major cashers greatly because matches last too long.

4. Depending on br classes, there will be very few in battle grounds. because not everyone can get to 150K br.

These are only a few of the major flaws that are obvious to anyone that thinks about the possibilities.
              what you see as a problem (as a most likely high br spawn camp bully) i'd imagine the vast majority of players see as a huge improvement. i see anything that gets rid of the "advantages" of the slow leveling cult as an added bonus. 35k fights 35k. sounds good to me. if you waste your life avoiding experience, you still fight 35k. it's still a fair fight, because you are fighting a 35k. if there is an issue with people stripping, lock out the button once people get in or make a buff like the no potions one in bg

lopsided fights are only fun for the bullies. it is a game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone

Comment

The point of the game is to get strong (THIS IS HOW R2 MAKES MONEY), but if you base it on br, you get the top cashers (some of which wanted to have an easier time against lower cashers) to face top cashers. This removes the incentive to buy or even earn br. This would make the game boring and non profitable for r2.
                I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazycatSS2 View Post
                  The point of the game is to get strong (THIS IS HOW R2 MAKES MONEY), but if you base it on br, you get the top cashers (some of which wanted to have an easier time against lower cashers) to face top cashers. This removes the incentive to buy or even earn br. This would make the game boring and non profitable for r2.
                  who cares if r2 makes money? i sure don't, i'm playing a game to kill time. tiny weiner bullies can find a new game to squash ants in

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
                    who cares if r2 makes money? i sure don't, i'm playing a game to kill time. tiny weiner bullies can find a new game to squash ants in
                    IF r2 doesnt make money you dont have a game to play, its as simple as that.

what you see as a problem (as a most likely high br spawn camp bully) i'd imagine the vast majority of players see as a huge improvement. i see anything that gets rid of the "advantages" of the slow leveling cult as an added bonus. 35k fights 35k. sounds good to me. if you waste your life avoiding experience, you still fight 35k. it's still a fair fight, because you are fighting a 35k. if there is an issue with people stripping, lock out the button once people get in or make a buff like the no potions one in bg

lopsided fights are only fun for the bullies. it is a game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone
                    You Also missed my 1st point as to why matching by BR is bad. IMagine a level 40 with 40Kbr, facing a level 60 with 40K BR, which i have seen and is possible br for a level 60. Now the level 60 has a sylph and the level 40 doesnt. the level 60 has significantly more skill points invested compared to the level 40. Also the level 60 could have templars and the level 40 wont. SO how can you say this is a fair match? It is things like this that you must think about when considering the matching by battle rating.

Comment

Again, crappy suggestion, I suggest instead of always crying about how bad the bg/arena is, make your toon stronger. Other and most people did it and have no problems with it, I dunno why you just can't do what other people did. Since when are you playing this game and you don't know that this has been like this since start? Dunno what makes you special that the game should change and cater to your liking when the rest of the players especially the old ones have already dealt with it.
                      Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

If you want fair, skill-based PvP action - You are playing the wrong game.

This is an asian-based game; meaning its all about the grind and the money.
                        Grind XP and items to build up your character over-time.
                        Spend money if you want to be in the top tiers of competition.

If you want to face someone with the same BR, duel them.

Suggesting to sort matching by BR is nothing but whining, and proves absolutely no thought went into the suggestion.

Comment

IF r2 doesnt make money you dont have a game to play, its as simple as that.

You Also missed my 1st point as to why matching by BR is bad. IMagine a level 40 with 40Kbr, facing a level 60 with 40K BR, which i have seen and is possible br for a level 60. Now the level 60 has a sylph and the level 40 doesnt. the level 60 has significantly more skill points invested compared to the level 40. Also the level 60 could have templars and the level 40 wont. SO how can you say this is a fair match? It is things like this that you must think about when considering the matching by battle rating.
                          if you have 40k br with a sylph, it sucks. the 40k with no sylph would probably 1 shot kill the guy. your argument holds no water

Comment

Originally posted by Scyris View Post
                            Still its a fairer fight. Which is kinda the entire point of why it should be matched by br.
                            your idea of "fair" baffles me.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

if you have 40k br with a sylph, it sucks. the 40k with no sylph would probably 1 shot kill the guy. your argument holds no water
                              Sylphs dont give as much br as you apparently think. I have a 4 star blue gaia that on its own has a battle rating of 14K, however when you look at my br it only adds 4K to my br. I also have a 1 star blue amazon queen who has 9900Br on its own, but only gives 3K to my br. Thus your arguement is invalid because a great sylph doesnt give relatively alot of battle rating. This even more so backs up my claim that a level 60 with 40K br vs a level 40 with 40K br is stil unfair. and this isnt including the talents, that dont add to battle rating, that the level 60 could have. All I have said throughout this thread shows that matching based on br is the worst idea possible

Comment

Sylphs dont give as much br as you apparently think. I have a 4 star blue gaia that on its own has a battle rating of 14K, however when you look at my br it only adds 4K to my br. I also have a 1 star blue amazon queen who has 9900Br on its own, but only gives 3K to my br. Thus your arguement is invalid because a great sylph doesnt give relatively alot of battle rating. This even more so backs up my claim that a level 60 with 40K br vs a level 40 with 40K br is stil unfair. and this isnt including the talents, that dont add to battle rating, that the level 60 could have. All I have said throughout this thread shows that matching based on br is the worst idea possible
                                if your brs are equal, it's probable that the battle will be over before the sylph even kicks in. there is also a chance that the 60 will holy seal, but your odds are a lot better with someone at the same br than they are with someone 100k higher than you. is br matching perfect? no, but it's a heck of a lot better than the current system

Comment

Working...
                                X