Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So R2, ever gonna get off your *** and fix bg/arena matching?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
    You know what will be funny? if they really change the matching to match only ppl against players of their lvl (instead of by availability of players even if they're higher lvl or even almost twice ur team's lvl) and ppl suddenly find themselves waiting 20mins for 1 fight and can't spend all their 15 attempts in a day even if they attend both arenas...or they match by BR against lv 80 players who stripped a bit to manipulate their br and end up stunning the lower lvl team in first turn and taking potshots for 3 turns in all battles...maybe R2 should change it to their suggestion just to show them how stupid their suggestion is and refuse to change it back when they find out the new system gets their ***** handed to them even more than the current system..
    thank you for the brute explanation and No for a "Change" even it is ridiculous to change it just because they think it is broken, we're all affected by this stupidity if r2 change it, is just that ppl are hard are convince when they think they're smarter or think they on the right side of the coin when its baseless
    I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
    and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

more like... the change is to make it match people of +/-5~10 levels of you instead of +/-20 levels of you...

Which was what's suppose to be anyways... but now it just seems to be broken.

Especially with the fact that now if you lose a match, you're basically losing 2 matches.

Where instead of like previous Group Arena, if you lose 1, you lose 15 points, but you may win the next fight.

But the new system is if you lose 1, you lose 30 points.

You do not get any PvP points if you lose, that's what's so bad about this.

I would rather gain 15 instead of 0.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        more like... the change is to make it match people of +/-5~10 levels of you instead of +/-20 levels of you...

Which was what's suppose to be anyways... but now it just seems to be broken.

Especially with the fact that now if you lose a match, you're basically losing 2 matches.

Where instead of like previous Group Arena, if you lose 1, you lose 15 points, but you may win the next fight.

But the new system is if you lose 1, you lose 30 points.

You do not get any PvP points if you lose, that's what's so bad about this.

I would rather gain 15 instead of 0.
        Quit losing then.

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
          Quit losing then.
          I win GA 100% of the time if I don't meet up with any level 75+ groups.

I am in level 60~69 bracket.

I would love to see any level 60s win against 75+ players in Group Arena...

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
            Is becouse you team not invest into get orange sylph yet.
            Understanding irony comes handy sometimes

JBird
            Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
            Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
            One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
              You know what will be funny? if they really change the matching to match only ppl against players of their lvl (instead of by availability of players even if they're higher lvl or even almost twice ur team's lvl) and ppl suddenly find themselves waiting 20mins for 1 fight and can't spend all their 15 attempts in a day even if they attend both arenas...or they match by BR against lv 80 players who stripped a bit to manipulate their br and end up stunning the lower lvl team in first turn and taking potshots for 3 turns in all battles...maybe R2 should change it to their suggestion just to show them how stupid their suggestion is and refuse to change it back when they find out the new system gets their ***** handed to them even more than the current system..
              Can this be an opt in thing please... cos I kinda like 3v3 and BG as it is now....

I'm sure it's not impossible.
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Im in the same bracket, i lose 2 or 3 max each day, and those are against 70s or higher, or folks with a monster BR.
                I face enough teams whom dont even have a pet yet, so i'll take the few loses for granted.
                I dont really understand your pvp point thing, i'll get to 1k in the first 2 days after reset, and i have both mounts anyway.
                Wasnt planning wasting 25 cards for a 7 day 20+ stat boost, refining a few clothes will add more.

I couldnt agree more on bakuryuhaa's post, it wont get any better as it is now.
                Last edited by pietjeprecies; 05-29-2014, 03:37 AM.

Comment

If the lv 60s cash like Zebq its certainly possible....they'd have leg 60 set with player stats and orange sylph equivalent to lv 80 heavy cashers =P Killing ppl with those stats will be a breeze.
                  IGN: Athena
                  Guild: Warriors
                  Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Class: Archer
                  Difficulty Level: Noob
                  BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
                    Not this complaint again. So ill be brief, battle ground based on battle rating is THE WORST idea ever. Just look up the countless threads that give the case against it. As for arena it is fairly simple. After 15 seconds of waiting, it puts you in battle with anyone who is also waiting, no matter the level of opponent. Would you rather wait 1-2 minutes each time to be matched with someone you level, thus putting more time into arena than necessary.
                    This complaint is happening again for a very simple reason fool! A new server a week with new customers and no fix to a clear on going problem/issue. You can write 100 times let the long term player bully the newbie which is the core essence of the threads I've read on this topic. You can say it a 100 times doesn't mean it's right genius!

This game is a business. Write that down on the top of the page. Second line businesses are not charities as such they need revenue. 3rd line old customers die off and need to be replaced with new PAYING customers! Genius any of this sinking in? When an issue is repeated over and over there is a reason in this case several. Let me educate your poor simple minded perspective.

Issue: Matching 40 versus 80 level is ridiculous, uncompetitive and thus not fun. People spend if they are having fun. BR appears in this game to be very determinant of victory in PVP if level is equal. I'm not saying 100% but my experience has been along this line.

Issue: BR should be used in matching. The basic premise of the thread. I only 1/2 agree as you must make it level dependent. Example.... BR 20K x 3 level = +/- (3-5) or 5 level breakdown as a second alternative so 40-44, 45-49 and so on then matched by BR as a suggestion. The point isn't a couple simple refinements I suggested but that there are solutions that don't require a lot of code. By the way code is a cost to a business genius. I really hope your learning something.

Issue: The game has done many interesting strategies for keeping players online/active. One being limiting rewards to a small number of activities. Insignia Arena Party and BG. Tanks for Runes and so on. One of the issues for newbies is you gotta play both Arena Party and BG to get the insignia which is part of sets/legendary sets for shards and so on. I'm in the 40's with a server about 5-6 weeks old I started late on. No legendary shards without insignia except from some cashing I did. Yes I'm a light payer.

Ways to potentially deal with the issue for a favourable result for the business. Not you and your selfish perspective. One idea is rewards for wide matching result. An example would be 5 extra insignia on a lose for every 5-10 levels the opponent is above your party. You only write a few lines of code and get insignia rebalance. 40 versus 60 would generate 30 insignia loses rather than the present 10. It won't be fun but at least you can build a better char. Slotting I've hit on before as an approach. Combine BR and level for matching. This seems fair on the surface. Unless your the moronic who thinks the present works there has and are solutions that can improve the imbalance and thus give a better experience to customers. Make insignia more readily earnable in different places within the game. Pretty much a non starter based on the games structure IMO.

Really it comes down to the actual objections and that varies. This thread is about a "fair" fight. No remedy was given by the responder just status quo because of their selfish short sighted advantage. Second it's insignia rewards which is my pet pev as it ensures that early server/stronger players gain huge daily advantages that ensure newer players not only cannot gain but are going to fall further behind. That will keep me putting money into the game why?

PS I've been playing 6 weeks or so and have spent enough money to get a pretty good idea of the pluses and minuses of Wartune. Been gaming going back to board games a long time ago. Lots of ideas for improvement in many areas the question is the business willing to address customer needs? Status quo is nothing but a slow death in the gaming business!

Comment

Working...
                    X