Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deflection, Guardian Angel, or Illusion for Knight in CW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deflection, Guardian Angel, or Illusion for Knight in CW?

As the title states, I am curious which one of these astrals would be considered best for knight when fighting another knight in CW.

Illusion would be my last choice- I hear it doesn't proc that much and when it does it basically nullifies one attack.

Deflection would be my second choice- it procs more often and does a good amount of damage to enemy.

My first choice looks to be GA- with everybody and their brother running crit builds nowadays, and sylphs with their gigantic delphs running amok, reducing crit chance seems awfully tempting.

But I'm still not sure- would any other experienced knights be willing to chime in and let me know which one they use and why?

Thanks in advance.

Caveman
    I am the Caveman.

s308 Fellspire

Personally....I would prefer Deflection+GA.... With so many gaia's running around...GA is a must IMO. And both deflection and Illusion only proc on ONE of the attacks(like a 3-hit delphic or a 5-hit delphic). So given the proc rate, I would choose to reflect the damage then absorb it personally.

Comment

Well, the highest crit your enemy has, the more GA is effective. After tests (did over 200 LB hits overall), my crit rate on my friend was exactly the same, no matter if he had GA (lvl. 8) or not. With my 6.3k crit, my crit rate was ~38-39%.
      Last edited by Caballero1321; 05-23-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I ran with lv8 GA for few weeks, didn't do much of anything... bad luck or bad astral, dunno.

I use deflection for CW, and it has me won a few very close fights (...and cost me a few very NOT close fights because opponent got lucky to survive my attacks barely and ~150k damage back onto me @50% from two deflects in a row -.-)

Comment

Yup. I lost many fights in CW because of my enemy's deflection. 75k on +50% really hurts.
          I wear Illusion lvl. 8 (16% chance to trigger) and it works a lot less often than my Deflection (10% chance). o.0

Comment

Illusion usually only proc'd often in PvE for me when I used it months ago, once PvP came hello dead astral lol, once in a full moon it'd work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              Illusion usually only proc'd often in PvE for me when I used it months ago, once PvP came hello dead astral lol, once in a full moon it'd work.
              same here tho im a mage but that doesnt matter
              but yeah i pve illusion go often but in pvp olmost never witch makes me monder is it realy 16% that it goes of or is it bugged bc reflect is olways 10% but happens alot more in pvp then illusion
              DreamNymph S91 667K BR

Comment

as of now, i use deflection and illusion, my 80 astral will be GA so i will be using all 3. illusion and deflection rates seem to proc normally for me, saved my *** once or twice in class wars
                IGN- Sylph
                Proficient City s165
                Lvl 80
                light casher
                123k br
                28k br purple 1 star gaia
                crit/block build
                guild:Majapahit
                sky trail up to 2-9

Comment

I would say you should use GA, level 8+ will be really helpful. There are a lot of Knights who are crit right now with Gaia, if that gaia delp crits on you.., also GA is more consistent than Def or Illusion, they might work on small attacks and never on the big attacks when you need them since it's only 10% chance or a bit more for Illusion.

Comment

GA is worthless because you can't tell when or if it ever procs. Deflection is not that good either because you still take damage greater than or equal to what you reflect based on astro lvl. Go with illusion.
                    Last edited by OhBummer; 05-24-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X