X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for Arena complaints. [Check it]

Summary:
    Well, we all know that it was a blunder to make a 2nd arena event and cut the rewards in half.
    Even though it was originally meant to provide equal opportunity for people who couldn't make the first one, it's turned out to be a headache for everyone.
    Regardless, there is also no need to complain about it, players. So lets get down to diplomacy.

Here's what happened so everyone understands or has a basic picture..
    1. We, the players, asked for 2 arena times.
    2. R2 granted our wish but not in a way that we expected.
    3. We complained and suggested, but mostly complained.
    4. All our suggestions are not yet viable or cannot be done.
    5. This issue is still quite heated.

Suggestion:
    An idea came to me today as I struggled to keep interested in the arena for the whole hour.
    Obviously, lack of rewards means lack of motivation. Nonetheless, I came up with something that might just be a viable solution so let me explain.
    We all have this daily quest called Hero's Calling II. It requires you to participate in 3 arena matches and in turn provides you with 10 insignia.
    I think you can all assume where I'm getting at. But here is my suggestion.

Prior to the update, a good arena party could make anywhere from 200-300+ insignias in the whole hour.
    How about you make the quest requirements 20 arena matches, and make the insignia reward 100.
    That way, we can at least get nearly the same amount, but not really, of what we used to get in one hour.
    And since it's a daily quest and can only be done once per day, everyone has equal opportunity to get the same amount of insignias...
    and the ones who don't wanna do 2 hours of time consuming arena don't have to. Everyone's happy.

Thoughts? Criticisms?
    Last edited by grayhatter; 09-22-2012, 11:31 PM.
    Wartune:
    Server: [S3]Worg Lair
    Name: Cashmere
    Guild: Kingdom

My
    My

Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
    How about you make the quest requirements 15-20 arena matches, and make the insignia reward 100-150.
    That way, we can at least get nearly or the same amount of what we used to get in one hour.
    And since it's a daily quest and can only be done once per day, everyone has equal opportunity to get the same amount of insignias...
    and the ones who don't wanna do 2 hours of time consuming arena don't have to. Everyone's happy.
    Thoughts? Criticisms?
    i think not. because team arena designated to compete to other team. if u make it as easy as quest it will to0 easy to gain insignia. low level will just sit there do nothing to speed up the process.
    we lose 1 pvp battleground to test our progress.
    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

It alleviates the problems but doesnt fix it.
      The best way is to put 2 arenas but limited to joining one per day. Just code that in.

As of right now, the strong will get stronger at a faster rate than the weaker players. Newer players wont continue playing, the game will die. Stop wasting coding time to put in new items, fix the current problems first.

Comment

Okay lets say my idea is implemented and you have to participate in 20 arena matches and the rewards is 100 insignia.

Players still have to join matches to complete the quest.
        Let's say the average match is 1 min and 30 seconds, multiply that by 20 and people will still have to join arena for 26 minutes.
        If they wanna waste time and slack off for that long that is up to them and that is no ones fault.
        It just means that they get less insignia than the people who actually compete. So that's fair.

Theoretically, more people will actually compete in arena again because the reward is worth it.
        And the benefit of this is that because it's a daily quest, people can only do it once a day. And because there's 2 arena events, people can choose which one to compete in.
        It solves the rewards problem, and it solves the time problem.
        Wartune:

My
        My

Comment

i think raising the reward on that quest is a good idea. but i don't think R2 will take it.
          the REASON they cut the reward to 3/1 instead of 6/3 was because they were afraid people would get strong too fast.....

get where i'm going with this? ...

people play 30 min get their 150 insigs done...

people who can play more will still get 150 insigs + the 2 hr they can attend + the 1 hr BG they can win at....= one day over 500 insigs now for them....compare to the guy that can only attend one event (assuming since h can attend only one, doubt he can show up for bg too)...

now you see my point...? doesn't matter how you slice an dice it, the guy that can attend more and play more will always get more .... there is no such thing as fairness in games like this, where the elite, cashier, people get the most of everything.

today i just saw my server (s4) top rank 1 guy. he is lv. 44 and he is over 7k+ pattack without buffs already..... *edit* that... no way i can compete , i'm not cry about it, because i know there is no chance or hope i can even buy as much stuff as he does. so there is no hope. hahaha. games are just not fair that way, and just learn to accept it. i can pay a couple bucks here and there, just not in the thousands where others are paying lol.
          Last edited by MemoryLane; 09-22-2012, 09:56 PM. Reason: even shortened, it's still profanity
          Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Your reasoning is that this wont work because the people with more time will be ahead of everyone else?
            Isn't that how every other game works anyway?

But that's just common sense.
            As with everything else, the more time you invest the better the rewards you reap.
            Like a job, the more you work, the more you get paid.

Personally, I think this will work. Why?

Well, insignias are useless in higher levels if you don't have the honor rank anyway. So anyone can collect as much as they want but still need the corresponding honor rank to use them.
            It's a daily quest so it can be done at any one of the battlegrounds, whichever is more convenient for the player. It gives players a motive to join arena again. It alleviates this heated issue.
            It shouldn't be hard to code. It's simple.
            Wartune:

My
            My

Comment

I for 1 love the idea but here is a question
              if merely participating 20 rounds and u get 100 insignia per day isn't that a whee bit too much

Level 30 set
              Weapon = 900 = 9 days
              Armor = 700 = 7 days
              Helmet = 500 = 5 days
              Necklace = 300 = 3 days

way too easy if i was a level 30 i would just halt my leveling speed and slowly collect them without even working
              reduce the reward mm

Ohh also in ur first post u stated u get 10 insignia for 3 rounds mm wrong its 5 rounds
              3 rounds is for devotions
              Last edited by Hyorinmaru6; 09-23-2012, 12:55 AM.
              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
                Your reasoning is that this wont work because the people with more time will be ahead of everyone else?
                Isn't that how every other game works anyway?
                i was actually been a little sarcastic. it's not my reasoning..but R2's reasoning. their reasoning of cutting the 6/3 to 3/1 is because they are afraid people will get strong too fast, and the rest can't compete.
                by your reasoning, it doesn't matter how much insigs they have because they do need the title to be able to buy it later....

which is true...i was just been a little sarcastic on quoting R2's logic of why they cut the 6/3 to 3/1 in the first place.

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post

The Insignias from the Arena will be changed from 6/2 (win/lose) to 3/1(win/lose). We decided to do it because we felt doubling the amount of insignias a player could receiver per day would be too unbalancing.
                Last edited by 御萧xXLJXx; 09-23-2012, 04:50 AM.
                Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

It's not how they fast players get stronger that is important. It's how they regulate the gap between the strong and weak.

Comment

Originally posted by ChappyHappy View Post
                    It alleviates the problems but doesnt fix it.
                    The best way is to put 2 arenas but limited to joining one per day. Just code that in.

As of right now, the strong will get stronger at a faster rate than the weaker players. Newer players wont continue playing, the game will die. Stop wasting coding time to put in new items, fix the current problems first.
                    This right here is the answer. Return rewards to normal 6/2, and you can only go into one or the other arena.

Comment

Yeah but it'll take longer as that will require them to add coding. And that will have to go through the original developers, concept and everything.
                      This will only require a minor tweaking.
                      Wartune:

My
                      My

Comment

Low level just use the PvE set, when higher level I bet you already have enough Insignia for exchanging level 45 set or higher level PvP sets.
                        Ok, I'm muted, so.... please use sign language.
                        Thanks

Comment

That would take 3weeks to get to level 45 xD I would suggest that put in a code that players can only enter the Arena Once a Day. Having it in 2 Time would allow people from different timezones able to participate, that's the whole point why alot of us requested it. I'm from the Phillipines and I can hardly attend any of the events I hope a server for us comes out soon.
                          S119 - Northdon
                          Guild Name: Oracle
                          Killua - Guild Master

"As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others."

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Coco View Post
                            Low level just use the PvE set, when higher level I bet you already have enough Insignia for exchanging level 45 set or higher level PvP sets.
                            Haha! Yes, we suck so instead of balancing it a bit, we're to skip items.

Comment

Originally posted by ChappyHappy View Post
                              Haha! Yes, we suck so instead of balancing it a bit, we're to skip items.
                              I'm currently a lvl 42 knight on S2, and because of the orig time(yes I live east Coast US) of the arena, I skipped the level 35 pvp set and went w/ the lvl 30 pve set. Yes it was rough in the arena and still a bit rough on the BG portion of it. However when they made it to the 2nd arean time, and opened up the Bg's I'm currently 1200 honor away from Champion and I already have enough insignia for my full lvl 45 set just by doing the arena(orig 2 days a week), and now 1x 5 days a week, and 2x 2 days a week. Its not hard to make up the insignia costs in order to get the items, but it does take some time. I decided not to go with the lvl 35 pvp set because by the time I had enough to jump right into the 3 piece set(was using PVE set at the time) I was already lvl 39, so I figured why waste the insignia's I had gotten for something I'm going to replace in 6 levels. Yes, I am weaker than those that went with the lvl 35 pvp set, but due to my time constraints on the game, I made the most of my time invested by skipping and going directly to the set that would benefit me more. Sometime in order to progress at the rate you are looking at progressing it requires sacrifice and well thought out planning. The sacrifice I made was foregoing the level 35 set which we all know is a huge bonus to those in arenas. I had planned to be as strong as I could at 45 due to the fact being in the right time zone for my server had its disadvantage but I made the most of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X