Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposal - In guild activity to eleviate stresses with GB limits in large guilds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - In guild activity to eleviate stresses with GB limits in large guilds

I am Darren, former GM of UnScared on Servers S413/439/459 (with currently 164 active members). servers no.1 guild. guild moto is Support, Respect, Ethics.

I propose an alternative to address one major issue with respect to the understandable imposed participant limitations within Guild Battle (minimizing risk of lag), and the requirement of members to maintain Insignia and Honour growth.

The inspiration for this proposal is in respect to so many members needing insignia for medallions, etc. within the game, and therefore running Guild Battles is a nightmare and highly stressful. We try and share for all, but it is still not possible to provide hope to gain the Insignia needed to maintain medallions, and growth fairly.

May I propose an alternative to R2Games?

Is it possible to develop a guild event similar to Divine Altar, that can be called once per day by the GM, with rewards of reasonable Insignia and perhaps Honour, dependent on individual player achievement in this event (Similar to exp in Divine Altar).

This would;
    1. Provide an alternative to needing to participate in Guild Battle to receive reasonable amounts of insignia and honour.
    2. Reduce the stresses given to guild leadership in trying to look after all guildies with insig and honour in through Guild Battle, in an alternate guild event.
    3. Potentially provide more income for R2 as your insig and honour rewards would be based on your characters individual achievements in this new event (similar to Divine Altar), therefore inspiring further character growth by both cashiers and non-cashiers. (Potentially providing further income growth to R2Games).
    4. Help reduce attrition of players (including cashiers) from game due to frustrations from not being able to gain enough insignia and honour. (Turning loss of potential income to R2Games into income). (I am one example).

Please show support by adding favourably to this thread.

Thanyou,
    Darren
    Guild Master (retired)
    UnScared
    Servers s413/439/459
    Last edited by Darren-R244412865; 06-03-2014, 09:18 AM.

1. That's the way the game was made, so we could get insignia and honor from such an event as Guild Battle. We can also get loads of insignia from other events (Cross Server Arena, Tower of Kings, Battlegrounds).

2. I agree it would reduce the stress, but in our guild, we developed a good system how to set the GB list and I think it's been working pretty nicely, since we've been No. 1 guild for nearly a year now with new members joining us all the time. There are some core members who have spots in GB (the ones, who allow us to win the GBs) and plenty of spots for all the rest.

3. Wouldn't change anything, because highest cashers would get the biggest amounts of insignia anyway (the ones who already spend won't spend more because of such an extra event) and they are the ones, who rather easily get on the GB list.

4. Don't see any potential income R2 could receive this way, but I do see a lot of work for developers.

Thank you,
    Caballero
    Assistant Guild Master
    TheFallen
    Kongregate S-11 (Server 9 Europe)

Comment

Hi Cabellero,

Unfortunately, We find with 164 active wanting Guild Battle each battle, 50 spots it's not plenty. Nor do battleground, toa or cross server Arena give the 3,000 insignia per week that we get from guild battle that we need to cover medallions, etc.

Perhaps after a year the player numbers, and the need for gb and insig is not so high as when building sets and growing is on a 5month old server. But for now we can't even guarantee 1 gb a week.

Perhaps if an alternative existed at this stage players would not leave the game giving r2 more potential income.

Darren.

Comment

then stop recruiting every single person from your server, because i doubt other 2-8 guilds have anywhere close to the numbers you have
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

100% Agree with you Darren. Very good idea.

Comment

recruitment for UnScared (server 413/439/459) has stopped and GB placement strategies are in place but this still does not allow everyone to gain all that they need.

yes events such as arena etc. can give insignia, but with how bad the matching system is alot of players are not getting fair fights to gain those rewards. I myself am a lvl 65 who today fought lvl 80s in arena on 5 occasions.

AngelsDeath
            AGM - UnScared (s413/s439/s459)
            SERVER: s439
            ING: Angels
            CLASS: Knight
            GUILD: Glory
            BR: bigger then you buddy

Comment

Daunapu, it's not a matter of a recruitment drive. S413 was started on January 1st 2014, and have since merged s439 and S459 (all within 5 months). All top guilds are naturally highly populated due to this.

In Arena, LVL 65 players are constantly matched with LVL 80, including Pipster and Tepen, therefore rewards are low.

As members are in the process of growing still, all want Insignia and Honour. Unlike older servers where the majority of players are strong, therefore winning mostly in Arena, Battleground and alike. Players have completed their sets, and many players have left leaving plenty of openings in Guild Battles.

This proposal fills the void for low to middle ground players on highly populated servers.

With players having greater ability to gain insignia predominately, perhaps attrition would reduce, and therefore accumulative spending would be better maintained as overall Wartune population would be greater.

This is a way for R2 to provide an alternative to rectify the issue provided by the Guild Battle limitations required to reduce lag.

Comment

this is exactly like the thread few days ago where someone wanted a game change cause he was buying and buying fate stones and didnt know what to do with them. For god knows what reason you stack items/players that obviously you dont need and now want the game to take care of your incompetence...How about some planning, I think it might help. And highly populated guilds? Your server must have ~1k players then, which i doubt. The issue you have is that everyone wants the final gb rewards and moving to your guild, so this is not a game fault, its you
                THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Daunapu, the top 8 guilds alone have combined active membership in excess of 1000.

I know for a fact many players do not have highly accumulated resources. In fact due to the difficulty in gaining regular guild battles due to the required limitations of 50. Many are lucky to get 1 guild battle a week, and struggle for resources to even maintain medallions.

So it is not my fault, nor the fault of the many players across all the guilds on our server. All guild battles are full on both sides, with so many missing out across all guilds.

The moderator R2Vet2 also recognizes this issue across many guilds and servers, advising R2 have been looking at the ramifications of additional lag if they do increase the GB participant level. The moderator advised this option be placed here to be looked at within the correct process by R2 developers as a possible solution to address this widespread issue already recognized by R2 and wartune players worldwide.

I hope you have a clearer understanding of the facts faced especially on extremely highly populated servers (3 servers merged within 5 months, with the likelihood of a fourth merging within 6-8 weeks increasing the population even more).

I don't feel server population and mergers are the fault of players as it seems you may allude to.

I hope you can see the dilemma faced for every GB by all top 8 guilds on servers like ours.
                  Last edited by Darren-R244412865; 06-04-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angels_Kiss View Post
                    recruitment for UnScared (server 413/439/459) has stopped and GB placement strategies are in place but this still does not allow everyone to gain all that they need.

yes events such as arena etc. can give insignia, but with how bad the matching system is alot of players are not getting fair fights to gain those rewards. I myself am a lvl 65 who today fought lvl 80s in arena on 5 occasions.

AngelsDeath
                    AGM - UnScared (s413/s439/s459)
                    The only way you fought 80's in arena is if someone in your party level 70 or over. It matches by level, more than likely you are a weak or average level 65 who fought some heavy casher or hacker level 69's.

Comment

Working...
                    X