Give L80s their own BG group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give L80s their own BG group

Theres enough 80s serverwide to do this now, and it would bring some balance back into the 75 plus BG groupings.

I do win my fair share, so this isnt an entirely selfish observation. Im a 77 mage at 140k BR, so I do OK. Not elite but not on the lower tier either. But lets be honest, there are a fair number of 76-77s who have zero chance of winning a single match, with as much as a 60-70k BR differential being the average at times.

Im also fully aware that 80 percent of those over L79 could list 100 reasons why they think this is a horrible idea. But if you think about it objectively, it is a pretty good idea to balance out things a bit.

what and make those 80 actually face an opponent that can actually beat them?

Comment

Originally posted by TCARL View Post
      Theres enough 80s serverwide to do this now, and it would bring some balance back into the 75 plus BG groupings.

I do win my fair share, so this isnt an entirely selfish observation. Im a 77 mage at 140k BR, so I do OK. Not elite but not on the lower tier either. But lets be honest, there are a fair number of 76-77s who have zero chance of winning a single match, with as much as a 60-70k BR differential being the average at times.

Im also fully aware that 80 percent of those over L79 could list 100 reasons why they think this is a horrible idea. But if you think about it objectively, it is a pretty good idea to balance out things a bit.
      I have read some guides and blogs that said, there's going to be an Enhanced/Advanced Battleground which only people at Level 80 can enter. It should come at a later time in a particular patch that I can't remember at this moment.

Comment

I don't understand why most people do battleground after they reach lord divine. The hackers and heavy cashers rule. Its not about level its about balens spent. Personally i go in to complete a quest and leave. I can honestly say your thoughts are misplaced. As many threads have stated. Battleground should be set up based on battle rating range rather than level. This would separate the heavy cashers and the hackers from the rest of us. you as a 140k br player would still find level 80 but the fights would be more winable for both of you, as your abilities would be more equal. But then the makers and distributors of wartunes doesn't like that idea because they think the current system generates more money. All it really does is generates alot less battle ground participants. On our merged servers no lord divines stay in bg any longer than it takes to complete the two quests.

Comment

in wartune 2(not patch 2.0) there comes a new bg for lv 80. Called advanced bg if i remember well.
          But a lv 77 mage with 140k br is pretty nice. I got 133k as lv 80 mage and didnt consider myself as weak:P

I also quit doing bg most of the time, the pvp points, the carting it's just not worth it for me anymore to bother

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
            I don't understand why most people do battleground after they reach lord divine.
            Because you need a ton of insignia for 70 set. And BG by BR might be a decent idea, still wouldnt remove the HS situation, but then again my idea doesnt remove it either

Comment

and how are you going to get to lord divine in a bg matched by br? excluding the ways to cheat the system, if you fight someone with close br you'll remain wounded, so the next fight is a lose. Explain to me how are you going to earn honor in a bg where you earn under 100 honor for each win, and can lose up to 400 for a defeat in a bg where you win once every 2 battles. You wont even bother to enter it anymore. Alberteiny is right though, a bg for 80 should come in a later patch, a new map I think
              Last edited by Draggyy; 06-14-2014, 03:18 PM.

Comment

uh... isnt the "80's BG" is not just a normal BG, but reserved only for those "advanced 80"(80-1, 80-2, and so on) levels?
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

80 bg will come later when Mount refine coming becouse man can only get the mats for mount Refine inside of the 80 bg
                  Character - Taggen
                  Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                  Class - Archer
                  Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                  Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                  Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
                    80 bg will come later when Mount refine coming becouse man can only get the mats for mount Refine inside of the 80 bg
                    mount refining needs hooves from tiamat invasion , so the tiamat invasion comes before or with the mount refining patch

Comment

they need to stop sorting by level and start sorting by br cause level as nothing to do with br but they don't care cause it would just p iss off the payers
                      Mage: level 80
                      Battle rating:guess
                      Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

Comment

Originally posted by michael509 View Post
                        they need to stop sorting by level and start sorting by br cause level as nothing to do with br but they don't care cause it would just p iss off the payers
                        stop crying if it by br then a L80 will win 95% of the time because of the trops. and why is it only the L80 that ppl cry over when there the same problem with 55-65 bg and no one cry about that.

Comment

The problem with doing BG by BR is you would end up with something like a lvl 49 with a 60k br mixed in with a a lvl 60+ of the same br and that would be really unbalanced and that lvl 49 would be stunned to death and back down in title to Elite Warrior.
                          Server: R2 S168
                          Guild: Fallen
                          Character Name: Cera
                          Class: Mage
                          Level: 80

Comment

This is even more important now, with Class Advancement having been added for lvl80 players. That puts them on such a different tier than the lvl70-79 players that are in the same Battleground that it's ridiculous. For lvl70-74, you can always leave & come back in five minutes hoping for a 65-74 BG next time. But if you're lvl75+, you're just plain out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
                              This is even more important now, with Class Advancement having been added for lvl80 players. That puts them on such a different tier than the lvl70-79 players that are in the same Battleground that it's ridiculous. For lvl70-74, you can always leave & come back in five minutes hoping for a 65-74 BG next time. But if you're lvl75+, you're just plain out of luck.
                              I'm level 80 and I agree - particularly with the stupid stun caps. Most level 80s will have maxed HS now - if I see a lvl <80 he is stunned and killed - sorry but its dog eat dog in there

Comment

Working...
                              X