doubt about RES reduction in battle protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubt about RES reduction in battle protection

I was checking my Gaia. If Gaia is used, and a player has a RES reduction of 100-150 (which is normal), it is almost impossible to get a light/dark reduction higher than that RES reduction

So, it is better to focus only on electro resistance if you use Gaia, right?

I mean, if I fight against somebody with 100 RES reduction, and I have lower dark resistance, my resistance is useless, right? And I find extremely difficult to get a dark/light resistance higher than 100 if you use Gaia...

not sure if I explain myself. But against a RES reduction of 100, it is the same having -5 dark resistance of 90 dark resistance, it just doesnt count, correct?

Ouch, how does it feel being a newbie?? I always wondered because I am the King of PVP, King of PVE, and King of Forums.

I shall tell you now that RES Reduction works into the negative. E.g. you have -50 resistance to dark, someone with 150 res reduction will make your resistance -200. So it makes a difference.

Newbie this is not an offensive word, just saying that you are new and need guidance from experts like me.

Comment

*Professional Cupcake maker Alert* Ignore the person above^^

Comment

Originally posted by chrisarnold94 View Post
        *Professional Cupcake maker Alert* Ignore the person above^^
        Well im pretty sure this information is correct. Please be fair when you comment. Do you agree that RES reduction works into the negative, or do you have proof otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
          Ouch, how does it feel being a newbie?? I always wondered because I am the King of PVP, King of PVE, and King of Forums.
          I was calling on your idiotic antics. I just see you post and your "list" and the fact you claim you are non casher etc etc. You define **, its gone to far to be trolling anymore lol

Comment

supposing that Res reduction woks on the negative. Is there a difference between having 2 or 80 dark reduction if the RES reduction of the other player is 100? In this case, we are not talking about negative values anymore (my light and dark reductions are both positive)

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
              supposing that Res reduction woks on the negative. Is there a difference between having 2 or 80 dark reduction if the RES reduction of the other player is 100? In this case, we are not talking about negative values anymore (my light and dark reductions are both positive)
              I think and dont quote me on this, its 1.2% damage for every 10 resistance. so -100 would be -12% damage reduction meaning they would do +12% more damage to you.

In your case they would have a 2.4% damage increase on against you.

Comment

Just a hot-tip reminder: in PvE (sky trail, necropolis, MPD's, etc.), your damage reduction is determined by the value of your one highest resist, regardless of the element type that a PvE foe is using. So, for example: if you use Gaia/Hercules, focus on having the highest possible Electrical Resistance (since you'll already have the base +200 resist for using Gaia/Hercules). ONLY your highest resist matters, all other resist values will have NO effect in reducing the damage in PvE. It doesn't matter what type of element damage the mob does (so, even if it deals wind damage, your electric -or highest- resist value still is what reduces the damage).

Now, in PvP, things are different.

Hope this helps.

-Sinner

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                  Just a hot-tip reminder: in PvE (sky trail, necropolis, MPD's, etc.), your damage reduction is determined by the value of your one highest resist, regardless of the element type that a PvE foe is using. So, for example: if you use Gaia/Hercules, focus on having the highest possible Electrical Resistance (since you'll already have the base +200 resist for using Gaia/Hercules). ONLY your highest resist matters, all other resist values will have NO effect in reducing the damage in PvE. It doesn't matter what type of element damage the mob does (so, even if it deals wind damage, your electric -or highest- resist value still is what reduces the damage).

Hope this helps.

-Sinner
                  this helps a lot, because PvP is very hard for non- or low-cashers, but I can focus in improving my resistance for PvE at least

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post

Hope this helps.

-Sinner
                    Wow, no wonder I was getting maimed in sky trail 2-10, I was maxing my light resist while using gaia. Probably a glitch, given that they actively advise you to raise your specfic element resist for each boss, but if I don't have to convert my crystals back and forth, I'm all in favor!

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                    X