Crit vs. EWD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit vs. EWD

How much of a % do you get on a crit compared to a regular hit? Is it 100% gain? What's the highest % EWD can hit at, 50% above regular hit?

50% if you have no determination astral. The issue with crit is the frequency, as will destroyer is 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisarnold94 View Post
      50% if you have no determination astral. The issue with crit is the frequency, as will destroyer is 100% of the time.
      My determination is 30% so that means my crits are 80%?

Comment

I'm so confused. I have had a lot of success being a crit knight but now I'm wondering if I would have more success being EWD with high block and HP instead of being a crit.

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler81 View Post
          How much of a % do you get on a crit compared to a regular hit? Is it 100% gain? What's the highest % EWD can hit at, 50% above regular hit?
          Crits are always 70% of your damage. Eg. if you hit for 10000 damage, your crit will be 17000 damage.

This is based on a personal testing.

The highest % EWD can be at is 50%, therefore crit is always better. Go for crit.

Comment

Correct

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
            Crits are always 70% of your damage. Eg. if you hit for 10000 damage, your crit will be 17000 damage.

The highest % EWD can be at is 50%, therefore crit is always better. Go for crit.
            More ** again....

And yes, i think its better for a knight to go high block (get dodge heals) and WD, but save crit for WB.

Comment

But as a knight. Is it better to sacrifice the 20% on crit for high block and probably heal yourself more?

I always thought crit was so much higher at like 100% and that's why EWD isn't worth it. I didn't realize how close to crit EWD is once maxed out.
              Last edited by Heckler81; 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

crits are not always 70% of your dmg. If that was the case, it would make absolutely no sense to use the corresponding astral to increase % of dmg when crit

at least corresponding to the info some vet explained to me

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler81 View Post
                  But as a knight. Is it better to sacrifice the 20% on crit for high block and probably heal yourself more?
                  As a knight, it is better to go for Crit. I understand that you are concerned about knight's skill which heals you whenever you block. However, that skill is really useless compared to the crit that you can have. It is a 70% Crit, therefore 70% more damage all the time is definitely better than healing 3000 damage per turn? Just my two cents worth.

Comment

As a knight, it is better to go for Crit. I understand that you are concerned about knight's skill which heals you whenever you block. However, that skill is really useless compared to the crit that you can have. It is a 70% Crit, therefore 70% more damage all the time is definitely better than healing 3000 damage per turn? Just my two cents worth.
                    Heckler81 i think you are being heckled by someone trying to be a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMalloy View Post
                      crits are not always 70% of your dmg. If that was the case, it would make absolutely no sense to use the corresponding astral to increase % of dmg when crit

at least corresponding to the info some vet explained to me
                      yea that's what i'm trying to figure out. Crit potential vs. maxed out EWD consistency and higher block.

Comment

EWD lvl. 10 increases your damage by 50%, thus you deal 150% of your nominal damage.
                        Critical damage deals 50% more damage than your normal, which is 150% of your nominal damage.
                        If you use Enhanced Determination, on level 10, you may reach 100% more damage - 200% of your nominal damage.

Of course, there are many different features decreasing enemy's crit damage, but it will always be more than EWD damage, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X