A few suggestions for chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few suggestions for chat

1) I'd very much like to be able to make the chat's background darker, as in to change the opacity. I find it difficult to read the chat while in a dungeon when the chat's background is transparent and the text is not white. I have to squint to read the text.

2) I'd like to be able to turn off the "Log in" alerts for friends. I don't want to know when all of these people have just signed in. I just don't care. It's unnecessary to spam the chat screen with 200+'s sign in alerts. What could also be an option is being able to set an individual group's alert options on/off. So if I don't care if 50+ people in my Stranger's list log in or not, I could set the Friends group so that it does alert me. Or maybe even being able to create a custom group and set that group's alert option on/off myself. That way, players can see alerts only for the people they want as opposed to XXXX number of people they don't care about.

3) I don't care that so and so reached lvl 11 and they're finally moving to a new neighborhood. How about an option to turn those alerts off as well?

Those are pretty much the only things I care about at the moment.
    Last edited by Laliat; 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM.
    Wartune: Ukiah Sands
    Archer: Laliat
    Guild: Darkness

I agree with 1 and 2. The third could be useful, if just to let them have fun seeing their name on, no biggie.
    With the 2nd one, maybe configure what you want to have there? Like, instead of clicking a certain channel, you could just "edit" one to have the things you want in there i.e. - Only guild and party chat, with no world chat spam. I do dislike the orange color too, so maybe change the color of channel letters in chat as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Kadai View Post
      I agree with 1 and 2. The third could be useful, if just to let them have fun seeing their name on, no biggie.
      With the 2nd one, maybe configure what you want to have there? Like, instead of clicking a certain channel, you could just "edit" one to have the things you want in there i.e. - Only guild and party chat, with no world chat spam. I do dislike the orange color too, so maybe change the color of channel letters in chat as well?
      Being able to edit the chat channels is an entirely different thing. Some people may want to have alerts only for certain individuals and not all XXX number of friends on list. I'd like to be able to edit the alert options in either an already existing friend group or a custom group that I create. That way I can turn off alerts for other groups and only have it for a particular group that I actually do want to see alerts from.

Just changing the chat text colors doesn't actually help anything for the system spam. I just don't want any spam at all, but still able to see the alerts for the people I do want to see alerts from.

But being able to edit the channels would be good as well as being able to edit the friend groups. That way, we could remove certain system alerts we don't care to know (the lvl 11 thing, the drop alerts, who won what, etc) and keep the ones we do want.

OR

Do what a lot of other games are doing. There's the chat window for the different channels and then there's a smaller window right above that one for the system alerts. I'd still like to be able to edit what kind of alerts get mind you but it would completely remove the system spam from the actual chat window. Important system alerts like world boss, announcements from GM, etc., should be in red while others are in yellow/whatever color.
      Last edited by Laliat; 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM.
      Wartune: Ukiah Sands
      Archer: Laliat
      Guild: Darkness

Comment

Working...
      X