Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Server population

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server population

Dear GMs,

It has come to our attention that server population in the early servers are dwindling. Please stop opening new servers. Instead put a server population counter on the server selection screen so that new players would choose the less populated servers and people would stop quitting. There are more than enough servers to accommodate the players. Focus on maintaining events on the servers that are already existing instead of the start up events on new servers every week.

The more players in each server the more people would be willing to invest since they know the servers would be staying.

Their response.... Four new servers coming up have fun.

Comment

You complain about people leaving for new servers, others complain about not having more servers. You see the problem here?
      R2 will gain more money via the players wanting to be top dog in the new servers, why would they stop now?

Comment

I sadly must agree on the heavy population drop on early servers. I'm on S9 and we lost a lot of players here. Positive part of it: we get to know each others a lot more, negative part: poor competition now, could really use "fresh blood" I almost don't want to know how it looks like in S1-S5 servers ugh! Also negative part of the multiplication of new servers: some leave older servers because they think it will be easier for them to raise to top 10 ranking in a new server... Server merge? I'd like a bit more players in my lvl range to bash on / be bashed on xD always attacking / being attacked by the same 4-5 players gets tiring quite fast I must admit
        Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
        Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
        Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
        Weak warrior

Comment

S1 still has about 300 people show up for each boss. We are also ground zero for having lvl 50+ smacking people around in bgs. So I can understand why people don't want to start on S1. I see maybe 1 or two new players a day hit lvl 11. My guess is by the time someone on s1 hits lvl 60 will have about 45 servers

Comment

Wow well that's great news for S1... On world bosses we went from 400 ppl the firsts weeks down to 50 this afternoon for 2nd Wb (midfight number of players went up to 150ish.. but still is half of you guys on S1 Good note: EASY to get the 1% dmg for 50k darus and gold LOL! We don't have any lvl 50 here yet, 1 lvl 49 1 or 2 lvl 48 1 lvl 47 0 lvl 46and a few new 45s today.. Majority is far 30 early 40 still.
            Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
            Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
            Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
            Weak warrior

Comment

A server merge would be great though. They should implement features that make it good for new players to catch up like 200% exp boosts for new players on the old servers. Bonus packages that would help boost leveling like set items or purple items. If they wanted to earn money they shouldn't have removed the full set armors that could be bought with balens. Old servers need it more than new ones since the old servers would have players who would want to catch up. More catacomb runs for new players would be fair as well.

OOT: a name change balens item should also be implemented.

Comment

2 characters.
                Merging servers.
                What happens to the 2 characters?

Comment

They Won't Merger Servers Till They're "Active Numbers" Begin to Dwindle...
                  'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by kipkayle View Post
                    Dear GMs,

It has come to our attention that server population in the early servers are dwindling. Please stop opening new servers. Instead put a server population counter on the server selection screen so that new players would choose the less populated servers and people would stop quitting. There are more than enough servers to accommodate the players. Focus on maintaining events on the servers that are already existing instead of the start up events on new servers every week.

The more players in each server the more people would be willing to invest since they know the servers would be staying.
                    I agree with this, except for putting a server population counter. New players will not choose the dead servers, they will choose the populated servers. The dead will become more dead, and the populated.. more populated. The only "fix" to this is server merge, which I'm sure they have plans for in the future, as a last minute "rescue" plan. All I can say is, making threads on this won't make any difference. The best thing for you (and anyone) to do now, is to enjoy where you are, take advantage of that and prepare for server merge. When the merge comes, and you're not ready for it, you will just be food for the top players and making new threads to complain on that.

1 thing I am curious about is, what happens when merge but 2 same name players? will everyone just have a tag [S(x)] or will those players be forced to change names via admin power?
                    Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Whats the point to open 2 PDT servers? Unless its a money reason.
                      Last edited by R21931761; 10-02-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Hmm i am playing on s6 and we are really not looking so much into this but if you want to compete server merge is must.
                        Guild [INFINITY]
                        Guild Position: MEMBER
                        Class:knight
                        Username:GreatPaul
                        Lvl:60
                        server: Duskin Arena

Comment

i love it .. in the early time in my server there were about 500-600 players at each World Boss event .. it was full of lag and I get low amount of Gold/Daru .. now its 200-250
                          player .. no lag and good Gold/Daru .. also BG is fine .. why need more population if there isn't a trading system ?

S7 : Serpent's Den
                          StormSprit
                          OneLove .. S7

One Team .. One Dream

Comment

solo player eh?
                            Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Server merger is a great idea, or maybe while creation of new character there will be a randomized server selection?
                              this way there will be fresh blood in old server and each server will be populated evenly... if not it will be really boring to see the same old faces everyday...

Comment

Working...
                              X