Do not blame R2 games.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not blame R2 games.

I see a fair few post bashing R2 games for various things, new features in patches , pricing etc, with over 30 years in gaming here is my take on the situation.

My best guess is R2 games has absolutely zero input into anything to do with game coding, theypurchase/rent this game and act as the western "front end" to sell stuff.

Blaming R2 games for a new Wartune feature you don't like is akin to blaming your local lending library in po-dunk hicksville because you dont like the way J.K.Rowling finished the Harry Potter book you just rented from them. They probably have access to a game editor to change items for sale and item prices, and perhaps have option to hack out part of the code here and there (auction houseetc) but thats where it ends.

Blaming R2 for poor customer service is just a lack of understanding , the obviously have very few staff, for all we know the operate out of a basement somewhere , with one full time employee and a couple of student interns as their total employee roster, with a few unpaid mods kicking around.

Complaining about server launches every 2 mins and dead servers is pointless, the way things are may not even be their call, and probably not server launches at all, just new instances of the game running on one server. This business model has been chosen because it extracts the most money, which means people like it the most, because they pay the most.

We have a go people! Operation Brown Nose is a go.

Comment

At last some one who makes sense and all he or she says is very true

Comment

If your local bookstore guy is selling a $10(original price) book for $100, would you blame author?
        If the book you bought has some empty pages in between, who would you blame among local seller, publisher, author?

Server launches, server merges are call of R2 and they even handle servers of other publishers(Kabam/Armor games)
        FYI, R2Games has staff strength of 50-200. (linkedin profile)

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
          If your local bookstore guy is selling a $10(original price) book for $100, would you blame author?
          If the book you bought has some empty pages in between, who would you blame among local seller, publisher, author?

Server launches, server merges are call of R2 and they even handle servers of other publishers(Kabam/Armor games)
          in this game's case, R2 didnt even the one who put the price tag. they're just like the local manager of a bookstore from a nationwide chain. it's better to direct your anger to -thisgame-.com or more known as proficient city.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Locbones you so missed the point of my post I am worried about you, unless English is your 3rd language, in which case i apologize profusely.

Dragon don't believe everything you read on the internet, there was once a dev company who i will not name, nice web page, all the right links online, offices in 5 countries... all eventually turned out to be abandoned spaces of one kind or another, a complete front. I am NOT saying that's the case here, just well, don't believe something just because some guy somewhere typed something on a webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Kread999 View Post
              Dragon don't believe everything you read on the internet, there was once a dev company who i will not name, nice web page, all the right links online, offices in 5 countries... all eventually turned out to be abandoned spaces of one kind or another, a complete front. I am NOT saying that's the case here, just well, don't believe something just because some guy somewhere typed something on a webpage
              Ok. I won't believe a word of what you said since that is also on internet :P

R2 cannot be couple of guys operating from basement that I am definitely sure of. To operate this scale of games they need at least 20-30 guys in dev/maintenance team.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                in this game's case, R2 didnt even the one who put the price tag. they're just like the local manager of a bookstore from a nationwide chain. it's better to direct your anger to -thisgame-.com or more known as proficient city.
                Agreed regarding pricing but R2 are to blame for all stupid lag and pathetic customer support. Does chinese version lag this bad?

Comment

Agreed regarding pricing but R2 are to blame for all stupid lag and pathetic customer support. Does chinese version lag this bad?
                  from what i know, all wartunes not in chinese also has lag problems. i played the South East Asian wartune, Di******(name censored) and its laggier. and i live in South East Asia too. L***** Online, the spanish wartune also laggy from my experience.
                  but i didnt even once touched the chinese wartune at all <_<

however, i agree that R2 has lame consumer/customer support. i even had better experience in another game's private server (free 100%).
                  Last edited by Arlad; 08-11-2014, 09:42 AM. Reason: typo
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Hey Dragon I was not asking you to believe what i typed, and stated clearly at the beginning of my post "my best guess is" .

When all said and done for customers of any service or product, IF they keep purchasing that product over an extended period of time, the customer is totally and completely responsible for what they get.

R2 games is entitled to provide whatever service they like for whatever price with whatever or lack of customer service they may or may not provide.

You as the customer are totally entitled to purchase/support the service....or not.

To support a game website like R2 games for months or years, then complain about that company, is kind of like repeatedly buying the same fast food burger day in day out, week in week out and complaining its bad food.. it may or may not be...but its sure as hell is your fault for going back over and over again and eating that bad food .

Ever heard of automation and the computer age , it does not take 100 people to run a few servers with multiple instances of games running on them.

Comment

relax guys.. let's all take a step back.. it's just a game.. but addictive.. lol : )
                      “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

i just googled a few things just to check..this is an interesting statement from R2

As a publisher, it is our job to manage all marketing and PR for games, locate distribution channels, and carry out day-to-day operations including customer support, community management, promotion/event design and implementation, and, most importantly, ensuring profitability for everyone involved. Ideally, cooperating development teams should primarily focus on creating and maintaining an amazing product, leaving the rest to us.

So, according to that statement, they are responsible for customer support. So you have every right to complain about customer support to R2. Also checked their BBB rating....F....nice

Comment

If you buy a book for $100 when you know the original price is $10 and there are cheaper alternative, then you can only blame yourself. If there aren't cheaper alternatives, then it's still your choice to decide whether you want to buy the book or not.

If said book has empty pages, then you return it to the person you bought it from. If they don't accept your return, never buy from them again. It's really not that difficult.

Comment

I agree with Tranc for the most part. For instance I contacted R2 games exactly once looking for help with a minor in game problem, I was not receiving the rewards for a gem synth event, I explained my issue in detail and waited for a reply,
                            the response i got was " Please send in a screen shot of your issue" at this point i quit the ticket process completly and move on deciding to continue to play wartune regardless, why did i not follow up on the ticket??

Well after working customer service myself for a number of years I recognize when there will be no resolution for my issue , the ... Please send a ticket/photo of the event that DID NOT happen and we will be happy to help..... is one of the prime ways customer service teams sidestep any effort to do ...well anything..

As an example I call UPS, OMG UPS my new tv was not delivered !!! UPS says , oh my i am really sorry , please send a photo of your TV NOT being delivered and we will be happy to help...... that would be what exactly..a photo of the moon?, a cat?, an empty sidewalk? an obvious play to do nothing rather than actually check with the delivery guy etc ...

Same with R2 customer service , then could look at game logs...and see exactly what happened, that involves effort, instead they ask for a screenshot of something that DID NOT occur, indicating they are not going to help...at this point you choose to continue to play and forget there is a ticket system..or quit playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Kread999 View Post
                              I agree with Tranc for the most part. For instance I contacted R2 games exactly once looking for help with a minor in game problem, I was not receiving the rewards for a gem synth event, I explained my issue in detail and waited for a reply,
                              the response i got was " Please send in a screen shot of your issue" at this point i quit the ticket process completly and move on deciding to continue to play wartune regardless, why did i not follow up on the ticket??

Well after working customer service myself for a number of years I recognize when there will be no resolution for my issue , the ... Please send a ticket/photo of the event that DID NOT happen and we will be happy to help..... is one of the prime ways customer service teams sidestep any effort to do ...well anything..

As an example I call UPS, OMG UPS my new tv was not delivered !!! UPS says , oh my i am really sorry , please send a photo of your TV NOT being delivered and we will be happy to help...... that would be what exactly..a photo of the moon?, a cat?, an empty sidewalk? an obvious play to do nothing rather than actually check with the delivery guy etc ...

Same with R2 customer service , then could look at game logs...and see exactly what happened, that involves effort, instead they ask for a screenshot of something that DID NOT occur, indicating they are not going to help...at this point you choose to continue to play and forget there is a ticket system..or quit playing...
                              I like this response.
                              Unfortunately, to get any attention from anyone anymore is spamming ^_^
                              We should all spam the tickets to tell r2 to pay attention >_>
                              Crystal Saga ♥^~^♥
                              Godiva
                              Priest

"Peace love and Pixie Sticks!
                              :o:o:o:o

Comment

Working...
                              X