Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inactive people in battleground event.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Inactive people in battleground event.

    I just wanted to bring this up. Every battleground event I join in on always has a bunch on inactive people, who do nothing in the event. I can understand if someone gets disconnected and can't get back on. But every event there is always 2-6 people that are inactive and I can't believe that this many people get disconnected. After enough events I start seeing the same people are the ones doing this. I have been thinking why do people enter this event and not participate. The best reason I can think of is that this event gives prizes to both the winning and losing teams. So I think people are entering the event, knowing they will get a prize no matter what and don't care if they play the event or not. I'm tired of seeing the same people enter all the time and get the same team prize I and other who play the event get. And if these people are on your team it makes it hard for your team to win the event. For example yesterday Battleground, the team I was on had 4 out of the 15 people, inactive the whole round. The stayed in the starting box and never moved the whole time and finished with 0 honor points. But still they people get the 30/30 honor and insignias that I and those that played got. I would like to suggest to the developers if they can make come adjustments to this event. What I would like to suggest is that to earn the team prize, that you have had to earn a set amount of star/honor points during the event. What the amount would be is open for to talk about. Even if it was something like 50 star points, which isn't much, as one crystal run gives 10,20or 30 points, so that would only take a couple runs or a battle or two won.

    I hope the developers will look into this and if anyone has any comments on this please add them.
    Thank you.

  • #2
    Yes this is frustrating , I agree, perhaps a simple fix would be a timer, If a character does not haul a load of ore in or engage in a battle within say every 2 minutes, Have the system boot them from the event.

    Comment


    • #3
      there are many reasons

      1. people knows they are going to lose anyway so they won't bother

      2. could be they are at work, they just leave the window open and log in for the extra insigs/honor

      3. or it could be they don't want to feed, i notice a player on my server stayed lv. 39 and got warrior rank, and when got to the 40 bracket, he stop coming out and just stay afk, because he is afraid getting farmed by the others because of his warrior rank.

      4. sometimes the teams get very stacked, you get a couple higher ups, like a couple 47, 48s on one team, and the other team is all 43, 44s. i had people in world chat complaining about me because i kept on killing them. it's a battleground, not like i'll stop attacking you because you say so.....

      5. sometimes people also go afk because they know they are going to win, where one team is stacked with the heavy hitters, and they could literally go afk and the team will still win...etc...

      basically all of these things are common and we all see it in BG all the time. but i don't think it's on R2' s top of the list to fix this when they have so may other problems they need to fix...

      a very simple fix would be a 5 min timer. if you are afk for 5min+ then you get booted. if you log back in within that min then you get back in. if not, then someone else will replace you on that team.
      Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R23153790 View Post
        I just wanted to bring this up. Every battleground event I join in on always has a bunch on inactive people, who do nothing in the event. I can understand if someone gets disconnected and can't get back on. But every event there is always 2-6 people that are inactive and I can't believe that this many people get disconnected. After enough events I start seeing the same people are the ones doing this. I have been thinking why do people enter this event and not participate. The best reason I can think of is that this event gives prizes to both the winning and losing teams. So I think people are entering the event, knowing they will get a prize no matter what and don't care if they play the event or not. I'm tired of seeing the same people enter all the time and get the same team prize I and other who play the event get. And if these people are on your team it makes it hard for your team to win the event. For example yesterday Battleground, the team I was on had 4 out of the 15 people, inactive the whole round. The stayed in the starting box and never moved the whole time and finished with 0 honor points. But still they people get the 30/30 honor and insignias that I and those that played got. I would like to suggest to the developers if they can make come adjustments to this event. What I would like to suggest is that to earn the team prize, that you have had to earn a set amount of star/honor points during the event. What the amount would be is open for to talk about. Even if it was something like 50 star points, which isn't much, as one crystal run gives 10,20or 30 points, so that would only take a couple runs or a battle or two won.

        I hope the developers will look into this and if anyone has any comments on this please add them.
        Thank you.
        I feel your pain here brother/sister. This is annoying. The only issue I would have with the star point limit is lets say I look up and and see my team ahead by a large margin. Now I've been hitting the carts and hitting other players the entire event. Now lets say I have around 220 points and its close to the end but I'm looking for one more honor farm. So I pop a restore and that brings me down to 20 points. Lets say I win that battle and get 20 points or even worse I don't finish that fight and I end with 20 points. By that system I wouldn't get anything even though I'm working on helping the team. The other solution would be honor/kill limit. That I think would be more fair or even a resource return counter. Heck even a number of battles fought counter. If a player has no carts returned or has less than the required amount, they get nothing from that BG. Same with number of battles fought. Though to be fair you would have to implement both. Some lowbies get caught at the crystals
        Yitien:

        Class: Assassin lvl 78
        BR: 67K
        Server: Qianfo Hall

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
          I feel your pain here brother/sister. This is annoying. The only issue I would have with the star point limit is lets say I look up and and see my team ahead by a large margin. Now I've been hitting the carts and hitting other players the entire event. Now lets say I have around 220 points and its close to the end but I'm looking for one more honor farm. So I pop a restore and that brings me down to 20 points. Lets say I win that battle and get 20 points or even worse I don't finish that fight and I end with 20 points. By that system I wouldn't get anything even though I'm working on helping the team. The other solution would be honor/kill limit. That I think would be more fair or even a resource return counter. Heck even a number of battles fought counter. If a player has no carts returned or has less than the required amount, they get nothing from that BG. Same with number of battles fought. Though to be fair you would have to implement both. Some lowbies get caught at the crystals
          very hard to do,since by the way this game bugs,most likely that way would bug to and would take 1 year for them to fix it.

          best way i see so far is a 4/5m timer,that like in CS sengolia after 5m idle the game kicks the player out and makes it unable to return inside for the duration of that match.

          i belive this to be the best solution

          Comment


          • #6
            the timer should not be 4/5 min for a match that lasts 20-25 min tops... It has to be 1-3 min given the fact that people would just come back move their character every 4 or 5 minutes and carry on. Sure, they could move their character every 1-3 min. But, its more likely at that point they'd rather actually play instead of having to worry about being booted out.

            Comment


            • #7
              to tell the truth the afkers are only hurting them selfs nothing stops you from fighting other ppl for honor or running carts for shards sure you miss out on 50 honor and 60 medals but its not that big of a deal really like I said you can still farm honor or get shards for your self.

              Comment


              • #8
                Instead of a straight timeout, how about a timeout factor combined with the point calculation?

                If your points don't change--and I mean in EITHER the negative OR positive direction--within 4 minutes, then you are booted. And stuck outside for good.

                I think this is a better way to do it, because then you can't just wiggle your character around to prevent the timeout. But its a slightly longer timeout than some of the suggestions, in compensation for that. You have to either lose OR win something in that time, either, to be considered active.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gagm200 View Post
                  to tell the truth the afkers are only hurting them selfs nothing stops you from fighting other ppl for honor or running carts for shards sure you miss out on 50 honor and 60 medals but its not that big of a deal really like I said you can still farm honor or get shards for your self.
                  they are hurting the 14 other people on their team by being afk. Why should 14 people have to miss out on a chance at 50 honor and 60 medals because one guy is afraid to fight or because one guy wants to play farmville instead of bg? Sure we can farm honor and shards..... But, you are missing the point entirely.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    someone is going to lose so someone will take that lost anyway I just don't see why all this complaining about it and I have been on teams with afkers a lot and it really doesn't bother me most times I come out with more honor then the winning team like last night we lost because of afkers but still came out with 340 honor and the best one on the other team came out with 270 honor that includes the honor you get at the end and the medals aren't that big of a deal you got plants and arena that can easily make up for that lost.

                    Also they are hurting them selfs more then those other 14 people.
                    Last edited by gagm200; 10-07-2012, 03:10 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There point is to do nothing and get a small reward. They already accomplished that. In fact in the long run afking will become more popular once people hit rank 6 honor. Someone has to lose, but they shouldn't lose cause a bunch of people were afk. These people need to either be removed quickly or punished. Since, I doubt r2 will actually discipline any of these guys due the first option is what we need to aim for. I just hope you don't end up in a match where everyone on one side or the other is afk.... Cause right now you don't see the big picture just the small piece of pie that;s in front of you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I see the big picture but do you know what you get from those battle chests you get lvl3 gems its not always lvl3 gems but they do seem to be about a 60% chance gotten the chest 10 times and gotten lvl3 gems 6 times thats why I see it more as they are hurting them selfs once ppl which rank 6 yeah the killing will slow down most likely but I doubt many ppl will afk because a lot of ppl know what shards are worth.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hell a majority of these people are dual or even triple boxing this game. They can afford to afk a few characters and let their main go out and harvest. We just need an enforcement system in soon the number of afk isnt going down until then.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X