No announcement yet.

Wartune Weekly Maintenance 9/17 @ 3:30 AM EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"our game is broken, with bugs, cache problems, we need to fix this! Suggestions?"

"What about we expect our customers being total retards... and add new stuff to try and get them to not notice the error"

"Awesome idea, while at it, lets make it possible for them to pay with real cash for it!"

Usual day for wartune.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
      I guess, you should learn a bit about DNS.
      In 99% of all issues the problem is on the client DNS server side.
      Most of ISPs have their DNS servers (which either their own servers or some preferred by them). Those DNS servers might've not updated the records, thus the domain seems to be unreachable.
      I might buy that if it were just a few ppl having DNS issues, but the problem is too widespread.
      Gerlach Kabam 13 / Kharl R2 569

Comment

will be there an EU server soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
          I guess, you should learn a bit about DNS.
          In 99% of all issues the problem is on the client DNS server side.
          Most of ISPs have their DNS servers (which either their own servers or some preferred by them). Those DNS servers might've not updated the records, thus the domain seems to be unreachable.
          And I guess you should learn about DNS issues before commenting too. DNS servers are set recache zone files based on the TTL set in the zone file on the DOMAIN DNS RECORD. This is where wartune host the file. To save money, they probably have it set to a long TTL. The problem is when they make changes it takes the length of the TTL x 2 to update globally as the ISP DNS servers will only ask for a fresh copy of the file ONCE per TTL time. And if they are making multiple changes, or their DNS servers cant handle the load, then people will have problems!

For the record, 1 I use Google's public DNS servers, and I am experiencing the DNS issues. 2, I run an IT company and our DATA center has 20,000 servers in it, so I know a little bit about networking, since I designed most of our network. Basically Wartune support is just full of **. They have NO idea what they are talking about. And from the looks of things, even the developers don't know the basics!

Kabam - Server S84
          IGN - Agni
          Level - Sacred Dragon Warlock
          Class - Mage
          BR - 465K and climbing
          Honour Rank - Mythic Dragon Rider

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Emma View Post

Patch notes:
            • Added Signet Training to the monthly log-in rewards.
              Added? Put it back you mean.
            • Added the Wilds Shop where players can exchange for rare items using both Balens and Mystery Stones.
              Oh goodie... yet ANOTHER shop where we can spend Balens!
            • Resolved an issue where the Astral system did not unlock upon reaching the required level.
            • Replaced the Lvl. 70 BOSS in the Wilds.
              Replaced? Replaced it with what?
            • Fixed an issue where there was no hint for a learned skill in the item Shop.
            • Fixed an issue with the marriage skill.
            • Resolved various typographical errors.
            Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but I and many other people are starting to wonder when you will add content that;
            a) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg to keep up with.
            b) Will get back some of the people that are quitting in their droves because of a).
            c) That will stop more people quitting.

It seems to me that you want all the "non-Cashers" to quit so that all you have left is the "Elite" that you can put all on one server?

Oh, talking or servers, how about some merges so that some of us can actually play this content?

Comment

wow so many things to read today..yes do some home work on DNS....and yes..give none cashers all the free stuff cashers cant get...i just want to log on and play the game any chance you can make that possible?..asking for a server merge is like trying to win the lotto..which leaves me to think R2 dont care about there game or players as long as idiots spend spend spend spend nothing will change..but who will stop spending on a broken game? NO ONE ,they all to addicted,,,Professional help will soon be needed when the game dies..or we can help each other and i will start..HELLO MY NAME IS WOBBLY WIZARD AND IM A WARTUNE CASHING ADDICT!!.
              ''No body wants to play the game,Everybody just wants to win!"

Comment

where are the vulcans stoves???????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Agni_84 View Post
                  And I guess you should learn about DNS issues before commenting too. DNS servers are set recache zone files based on the TTL set in the zone file on the DOMAIN DNS RECORD. This is where wartune host the file. To save money, they probably have it set to a long TTL. The problem is when they make changes it takes the length of the TTL x 2 to update globally as the ISP DNS servers will only ask for a fresh copy of the file ONCE per TTL time. And if they are making multiple changes, or their DNS servers cant handle the load, then people will have problems!

For the record, 1 I use Google's public DNS servers, and I am experiencing the DNS issues. 2, I run an IT company and our DATA center has 20,000 servers in it, so I know a little bit about networking, since I designed most of our network. Basically Wartune support is just full of **. They have NO idea what they are talking about. And from the looks of things, even the developers don't know the basics!
                  First: Of i Agree With Agni_84
                  Second: For All Techo Ingnorant and the ones to Lazy To Read What is The DNS & TTL

DNS

An often-used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the phone book for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses. For example, the domain name www.example.com translates to the addresses 93.184.216.119 (IPv4) and 2606:2800:220:6d:26bf:1447:1097:aa7 (IPv6). Unlike a phone book, the DNS can be quickly updated, allowing a service's location on the network to change without affecting the end users, who continue to use the same host name. Users take advantage of this when they use meaningful Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), and e-mail addresses without having to know how the computer actually locates the services.

TTL

1:
                  â—‹ Time to live (TTL) or hop limit is a mechanism that limits the lifespan or lifetime of data in a computer or network. TTL may be implemented as a counter or timestamp attached to or embedded in the data. Once the prescribed event count or timespan has elapsed, data is discarded. In computer networking, TTL prevents a data packet from circulating indefinitely. In computing applications, TTL is used to improve performance of caching or to improve privacy.
                  2:
                  â—‹ Shorter TTLs can cause heavier loads on an authoritative nameserver, but can be useful when changing the address of critical services like Web servers or MX records, and therefore are often lowered by the DNS administrator prior to a service being moved, in order to minimize disruptions.

The later sort of Confirms my Suspicion when i regard my Pingplotter protocolls R² changed the hosting Provider in the last Few days (only 5 hops left of before over 10 with Different Final destination IP's .Location before South of the USA now the state of New York. So now when the the Server Hosting Changes are finisht the got to find only the right Settings for The TTL i suggest 60-90seconds. If the set it to Short there servers overload and in result Crash, if the set it to long then the Loading take ages or times out with the native browser settings.
                  Because of the nature of R² i suspect this will happening again in the Future.

P.S. WHO likes can read the Complett Explanations here :TTL, DNS
                  Last edited by Wittekind; 09-16-2014, 12:58 PM.
                  “Being in a minority, even in a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
                  George Orwell

“Education is not only the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” – Albert Einstein

Latest Server
                  S416 - Whispering Hills
                  Wittekind

And a Few more Servers from S80 onwards

Comment

Please, can someone make sure they know they have to rejoin the tester servers with all the other servers ... they did forgot us again !!

It would be good to do that before the cross server guild battle ... lol
                    ValKitteh - S1
                    "The Town Hall is outside"

Comment

Originally posted by princestewii View Post
                      I wish you would remove those annoying exp books from guild altar
                      Don't worry, they'll just increase their amount in future patches, lol.

Comment

Will the wilds mount be added to the wilds shop? I hope not, sucks to hunt active for it and now every lazy casher just buys it.

Comment

can we get a fix so that when you buy a new sylph skill it doesn't replace a random skill and instead allows us to choose which skill to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Agni_84 View Post

finally someone who knows what he speaks about.
                            I dont have that tech knowledge, but also simple logic can be used to say DNS problem is not on side of thousand players. Why it appeared AT SAME MOMENT for SO MANY pplayers in different parts of world? and why RIGHT AFTER patch/merge or other stuff is done? well, clearly if something works fine before and u change part A of equation and it all collapses, problem usually isnt part B, but the change in part A.

I dont think R2 has developers (like software/hardware engineers), game is developed in China and just licensed to other countries. R2 runs servers (saying not own, they might lease/rent it) and customer care (which sucks), some marketing and sale. they have little clue and little influence over game design from dev point of view. they can play with small things, promos etc. i dont expect THEM to correct errors, i expect THEM to PUSH hard on chinese programmers to fix things. and they do poor job there...

Comment

erhm can you fix di so that it drops the stoves?...

Comment

Originally posted by Scraggy View Post
                                Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but I and many other people are starting to wonder when you will add content that;
                                a) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg to keep up with.
                                b) Will get back some of the people that are quitting in their droves because of a).
                                c) That will stop more people quitting.

It seems to me that you want all the "non-Cashers" to quit so that all you have left is the "Elite" that you can put all on one server?

Oh, talking or servers, how about some merges so that some of us can actually play this content?
                                no nothing personal but, if u are free player, then u should understand that u never ever can be wait that u get all same things and as fast as cashers(no matter what game u play).
                                And server merge lol - so far if i can do all my runs(team runs) I not want hear nothing about merge.

Comment

Working...
                                X