No announcement yet.

Hall of Fame III Winner List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunch of crybabies, sheesh. Play your own game and quit worrying about what other people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
      At that time they (Greenfireflygirl) was a mod. So that post had and still has value and said player/mod had every authority to say that.
      And what authority is that? Do mods have authority to set rules that are not reflected anywhere else (either ingame or in official R2 posts)? So are players now charged with reading all mod comments within a thread (and not just that, but also reading all player comments within a thread and checking to see if they have been edited by mods or even former mods) to learn what the rules for the game are? Is that really the expectation?

Comment

• Any buffs, would be assumed to include the wc, but you guys just wanna keep harping on about how its ok to use the wc and gain rewards that you haven't earned.

What the hell do think it means when it says, Battle Ratings increased by buffs using items such as potion/scroll do not count towards the BR calculation ????

Oh look it doesnt mention using wc, so we can use that and sit in a dungeon... yea, I think wc is called a buff, and therefore shouldnt count towards your total, besides im sure I have seen it mentioned that wc doesnt count, just not sure in which post.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWall View Post
          And what authority is that? Do mods have authority to set rules that are not reflected anywhere else (either ingame or in official R2 posts)? So are players now charged with reading all mod comments within a thread (and not just that, but also reading all player comments within a thread and checking to see if they have been edited by mods or even former mods) to learn what the rules for the game are? Is that really the expectation?
          No that cant be the case, as then Mods would be seen as an extension of the company in a legal sense, and then the behaviors, actions, misrepresentations, etc would then be seen and could be deemed as an extension of the company and thus, liability increases.... I don't think R2 could afford that type of insurance, nor would any company take on such a risk, nor would the company open themselves up to that kind of liability..

Comment

• I run a legal firm if anyone needs a lawyer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by R27391871 View Post
              Any buffs, would be assumed to include the wc, but you guys just wanna keep harping on about how its ok to use the wc and gain rewards that you haven't earned.

What the hell do think it means when it says, Battle Ratings increased by buffs using items such as potion/scroll do not count towards the BR calculation ????

Oh look it doesnt mention using wc, so we can use that and sit in a dungeon... yea, I think wc is called a buff, and therefore shouldnt count towards your total, besides im sure I have seen it mentioned that wc doesnt count, just not sure in which post.
              Players did not know what would happen when they buffed so they took the risk with spending the pots/scrolls/wc and it looks like it may have worked for them. I just dont see why other players are calling them cheaters when they didnt cheat.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWall View Post
                Mods speak to the GMs on players behalf. We try to find answers to fill the (often huge) gaps the GM posts have by hammering the GMs for answers, which we'll then relay to the masses.
                It is a player's responsibility to read the forum, if they care to be updated, because that's where information is handed out. The mods will link to answers or useful updates as often as reasonably possible. If you don't care to read up, that's your loss. You can't blame the mods or GMs for you not reading up on big events.
                "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

I run a legal firm if anyone needs a lawyer lol
                  Not needed - related to many lawyers who practice law or are on now on the administrative (politics) side of law and those who transposed to the insurance industry managing claims dealing with legal matters..

Comment

• Originally posted by R272123321 View Post
                    Players did not know what would happen when they buffed so they took the risk with spending the pots/scrolls/wc and it looks like it may have worked for them. I just dont see why other players are calling them cheaters when they didnt cheat.
                    If you read my previous posts you would understand why I would call it cheating, but I explain again

in the T&C its stated that any attempt to use an exploit is deemed as cheating, to me,although not 100% same thing, it looks like a flaw in the rules.
                    I dont blame ppl for trying, but I disagree with it, effectively even knowing that buffs dont count they still attempt to skirt around the rules.

To sum it up, if you have knowledge that certain items (buffs) will not be allowed, and then attempt to defeat the system, its plain and simple cheating, or at least an attempt
                    to cheat.

Comment

Any buffs, would be assumed to include the wc, but you guys just wanna keep harping on about how its ok to use the wc and gain rewards that you haven't earned.
                      Why assume? Why not go by what's actually stated?

You really want to argue semantics? It doesn't say any buffs. It says buffs using items. Warriors call isn't an item. The post lists specific things that don't work, like potions and scrolls. If they'd wanted warriors call not to work, they would have listed it as well and they would have made it not work. The fact that warriors call worked in HoF II and now worked again, while pots and scrolls didn't work, would back that up.

Oh joy, another person who is sure seeing it mentioned that wc doesn't count, but can't point to an official R2 post to that effect. I think I'm going to start a bunch of new posts later with new rules for people to follow too...
                      Last edited by TWall; 11-28-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Mods speak to the GMs on players behalf. We try to find answers to fill the (often huge) gaps the GM posts have by hammering the GMs for answers, which we'll then relay to the masses.
                        It is a player's responsibility to read the forum, if they care to be updated, because that's where information is handed out. The mods will link to answers or useful updates as often as reasonably possible. If you don't care to read up, that's your loss. You can't blame the mods or GMs for you not reading up on big events.
                        On the other hand, it is then the responsibility of the Mods to not speculate in an attempt to calm the masses of questions, as misrepresentations lead to miscommunications, which lead to this mess I now call HoF because this is an obvious case of MISCOMMUNICATING of pertinent material needed for an event... it is obvious, the game wants to blame the players and then players want to blame other players, but really scapegoat much?

Am I the only one who sees the flaw... like Reaganomics... it trickles down from the top.

Comment

So is that all a very long-winded yes? Players should read all mod comments on the forum and all mod edits to learn ingame rules?

Comment

Players cant be blamed for trying do all they can to get the best rewards from events. If new information about an event has become known than it is up to the mods to put it in an appropriate area such as the event post. The questions asked by greenfireflygirl gave the most information about the event yet were not implemented in the actual HoF event post by R2_Helen. Those are the types of things that need to be on the posts. Yes it is put into a players reply, but if you are asking for people to read the posts about event then all the info should be put into the actual event post.

Comment

• tired of hearing all these cry babys . you guys dont know what a rea; glitch is .. ... crying about wc . most of you knights, archers . used matk gems and astrals as the mages used patk . for a non matk or a non patk user they shouldnt be able to use them BUT YOU ALL DID ... all you trying to act honest none of you are . and who the hell are you people saying you know what other people holding on to in the bag of goods not one of you know what the other person as . GET A LIFE ..
                              KNIGHTS RULE ...

Comment

• and congrats to everyone that made they goal .. cheers ...
                                KNIGHTS RULE ...

Comment

Working...
                                X