No announcement yet.

Lag Issue Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it made arenas abit better made di worce for lag unsure if ur hotfix did anything or moving the servers yet again (kabam east is now hosted in jacksonvil florida )

Comment

The biggest issue was the crit/AOE damage. I doubt PVP will get better till they figure out another method. Maybe make it so Mons get no floating damage indicators?
      Maybe have a number in the top right indicating your damage - or something.

Comment

Seeing damage amounts on screen should be fine, although nothing fancy is needed. The screen-shake feature for critical hits though(OMG), that seems to tear the video & might be a larger source of lag than realized given how often crits are happening in a fight---- (my team)4players+4Euds x 3crits on each(from 1 Opponent cast LF)=24 total critical hits(I see stacking red numbers that cover my whole screen instead).

I suppose what we need is a "low detail" mode. Where textures are smaller memory, clothing & armor is hidden, screen-shake removed, shiny skill names aren't taking up space center-screen & the fade-in/fade-out is disabled.

Hiding opponents completely though? That seems just downright dumb. & to make matters worse, I can't turn the feature off in big team-fights at all.

Just to be clear though; the auto-hide feature in Cloud City. Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Sivona View Post
          We are currently trying very hard to resolve the lag issues. The mentioned optimizations will be updated with patch 5.1. We'll make another announcement if there is any change.

I. Hide Players
          In October we expect to change the default setting to cause all players in Cloud City and the World BOSS to appear invisible. You may still switch player visibility on, but this should help reduce the lag.

II. Battle Optimizations
          1. Players can now choose to hide certain things during battles.
          2. The client will check player's computer properties. When computer performance is poor (frames, CPU utilization, memory footprint), the system will automatically hide less important things during battles.
          3. Players may set what they want to hide during battles.
          4. The settings for hiding things will be kept for the next battle.
          5. Hiding Rules:
          1) Your own character and Eudaemon cannot be hidden.
          2) Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden.
          3) Other players' character names, HP bars and damage display cannot be hidden.
          4) PVE Battles: Monster-related resources will be kept.
          5) PVP Battles: Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden while their character name, HP bar and damage display will be kept.
          Note: "other players" refer to party members as well as opponents

III. Dungeon & Battle Loading Optimizations
          Changed the sequence for reading and loading resources.

Thank you for your continued support to Wartune! We at R2 will continue to do our best to bring you a better gaming experience!
          MOST of this didn't work, didn't work as planned, didn;t help lag and ruined single player arena by taking away control panel. EPIC fail on 97% of all of this.
          Reldra was here....

Comment

Happy Halloween to you…Hope it is a “spook”tacular one! Enjoy the yummy treats!
            #CASPER~S1~ TRANSCENDENCE

CAZLOK ~S274 ~ SCARESTONE

Never Back Down Never Give Up
            Casper AkA Cazlok
            twitch.tv/agileboyz
            raptr.com/shadowcazlok
            eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/casper-2773/hero/18703047
            diabloprogress.com/hero/casper-2773/casper/18703047

Comment

If I might say, been a developer for 30+ years. Development starts with research on the user base, equipment available, communication speeds etc. A plan is made, this is then updated constantly to meet the current constantly changing needs. Development is tested to make sure it is running within these guidelines.

Developers, more so game developers seem to want to make the prettiest every and forget all about being able to actually use it and ignoring what average equipment their market has. I am fairly sure the goal is to get the most users paying, I would assume to achieve this you have to have a excellent user experience (oopsie). If the developers actually played the game in the same way over the same connections as their audience, they would find that it doesn't really mater how much a player spends if they can't play and die due to lag or other game issues. Hot tip, this is happening in all events. Rankings are meaningless if the best lose to lag not to mention your income.

Many factors have to be taken into account, communication medium, graphics speeds, memory, environment etc. The bottom line is there are published averages of what users have out there, making a game that will not run and allow them a good user experience with that standard does not make a lot of sense. Now you can't make everything work but typically you draw a line in the sand in or around the averages so you allow the maximum number of users an excellent experience. You can't make everyone happy and of course someone will show up with a 20 year old computer, oh well the target is 60-70% of the audience.

You can make the best airplane ever, flies super fast, cost 5 bucks a trip, super redundant and can't crash, runs whenever you have the whim to fly with no waiting but if it only flies in a helium atmosphere, your hooped and useless, you have to work with whats out there. You built the most useless airplane!

I see most or all of these factors ignored!

The Internet is a cool place, there are actually companies out there that for many years publish all these factors of typical speeds, video speeds, processor speeds etc, what does the average user today have. I think all this is ignored and I really do not understand the developers goal? To make the prettiest unplayable game ever? And make money at it? whooa, I missed that course in school! How do developers see that as fun for anyone, I see and hear constantly how annoyed people are in all events due to losing due to game problems. It is not a user problem like developers like to blame, the games must run on the equipment out there and be fully functional. Players conversations about problems are the most significant talk out there, not good.

Latency/speeds, whooa, a tough one, it is published, gotta work with it, you picked this environment to work in! Apparently most users don't have a production grade Internet connection costing thousands a month so latency and speed is a primary factor to manage and be able to effectively run in.

Graphics speeds/processor speeds, has to be accounted for in what the typical user has. It doesn't mater what the latest and greatest can do, few will have it.

On screen movement, something that needs processing power, whooa, you get the award for that. Unreadable, of no use but it is all there. How much damage I received from a hit, can't tell, all I see is hundreds of numbers overlaying hundreds of number and scrolling, wow now that is useful. Players have abilities to remove buffs on the team, oops can't see the buffs someone reconfigured for larger sprites to make the sylphs/hero's pretty. This is of use to a player how?

Turning off other objects (players), interesting idea, you reduced movement 20% of the time on 10% of the display, quick calculation, umm thats a 2% reduction in lag caused by movement, yup didn't help. It also took away the ability to tell what was coming (type of sylphs/eudemons of the opponent), a couple of static icons of hero type, sylph type, eudemon type would have helped. Maybe even make the active one larger.

Giving users the ability to control their environment to match their computer type might have been more useful, like:
              - Turn off environmental, screen shakes (there is 100% of the display moving 40% of the time, way more than turning characters off)
              - Turn off crit clowds, has issues, users still need to see who did what damage, totalize it, stick it in a chat like window with dmg/skill used/hero or something, something actually useful to a player.
              - Make characters smaller, way back you made everything bigger, each individual character looked better but now you can't see what you need to see on the party members. Thus what use is buff icons on players, you can't see them, we have rings to help, can't see to use it effectively. Cascade effect of 1 mistake makes 10 other items less useful but they are all there causing processor/video time.
              -Turn off players, show icons.
              -Reduce to a lower resolution or multiple resolution options will hugely reduce lag.
              -Turn off character skill animations (like a night running to hit) but not the skill animation so you can see the skill go off.

Memory, wow, in part this is flash but whooa, the worst management ever award here. I would agree flash isn't the easiest here but it is possible. Repeated fight scenes degrade speed rapidly, browsers environments overload, flash crashes all point at serious memory leaks and a lack of management. Users having to take this into their own hands and refresh hundreds of times a day just to play. I call that a user experience warning indicator!

Making money is easy all you have to do is make a product that makes people happy to spend! Taking tens of thousands from them and making them lose due to issues isn't a good substitute, technically your penalizing them for spending.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabbery View Post
                If I might say, been a developer for 30+ years....
                In a different field, I've developed code runsets and test benches professionally for about 10 years myself.

Jabbery, you've just written them a textbook on EXACTLY what they need, how to proceed, and the relative value of the pieces they're working upon. For free!

I think yours was an AWESOME post worth a read for anyone who really wants to address these issues. If there's more "behind the curtain," that's fine. Still, this is informative in the extreme, and a foundation for someone who really wants to fix the game!

Comment

7Road = 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I think I can safely assume that most players dislike the business model behind the development of this game. It's a blatant smash and grab on players wallets. A large part of the blame has to lie with the distributors R2 and their pricing strategy. Not to mention the truly awful customer service. The game is social, playable, progressive and even addictive. I realised something today that has been bothering me for a while now; The only reason I come back to play day after day is because it's social. I don't actually like the game anymore. And then I asked myself, would my friends expect me to keep doing something day in day out that I don't like? With that in mind I can happily walk away from Wartune, R2 and 7Road.

Adios Amigo's, (good riddance to Changyou and it's ruthless business).

x

Comment

wen will be fix finaly this hide ??? it suposed to be buy chose and i dont see i have any ................ evry 1 hit sistem mark hide agean its become awrady totaly anoyng in arena spyre ... batelgraunds .......... and if i want to be onest now lag is many timse biger than bifor this hide stupidity..............
                    ❤PaTeNcE❤
                    Even the future has an end

Comment

Why we all bullying 7road? (yes, they made many mistakes, but check other Wartune clones, not such big lag, even not in China)

The major lag issue is caused by R2 JavaScript team. Who successfully blocked their analytic scripts has lag similar to 1 year ago.
                      Their analytic scripts are buggy, memory and CPU intensive.

Note:
                      Nobody will write SAP in JavaScript, except R2. As they do not care about performance issues.

Comment

Hello! (^_^)

Originally posted by Splinterz View Post
                        (...) I realised something today that has been bothering me for a while now; The only reason I come back to play day after day is because it's social. I don't actually like the game anymore. And then I asked myself, would my friends expect me to keep doing something day in day out that I don't like? With that in mind I can happily walk away from Wartune, R2 and 7Road.

Adios Amigo's, (good riddance to Changyou and it's ruthless business).

x
                        That is exactly how I feel. As soon as my current VIP expires, it's goodbye for me. If / when they update to v6.0, maybe (maybe) I'll check back...

Comment

R2 needs to do what other game sites do, that is have game moderators on the game itself and see the issues people are having with it, or just do away with the 5.0 patch, many of the issues have happened since they launched the newer patches anyways. As far as them putting players first, that remains to be seen.

Comment

If I might say, been a developer for 30+ years. Development starts with research on the user base, equipment available, communication speeds etc. A plan is made, this is then updated constantly to meet the current constantly changing needs. Development is tested to make sure it is running within these guidelines.

Developers, more so game developers seem to want to make the prettiest every and forget all about being able to actually use it and ignoring what average equipment their market has. I am fairly sure the goal is to get the most users paying, I would assume to achieve this you have to have a excellent user experience (oopsie). If the developers actually played the game in the same way over the same connections as their audience, they would find that it doesn't really mater how much a player spends if they can't play and die due to lag or other game issues. Hot tip, this is happening in all events. Rankings are meaningless if the best lose to lag not to mention your income.

Many factors have to be taken into account, communication medium, graphics speeds, memory, environment etc. The bottom line is there are published averages of what users have out there, making a game that will not run and allow them a good user experience with that standard does not make a lot of sense. Now you can't make everything work but typically you draw a line in the sand in or around the averages so you allow the maximum number of users an excellent experience. You can't make everyone happy and of course someone will show up with a 20 year old computer, oh well the target is 60-70% of the audience.

You can make the best airplane ever, flies super fast, cost 5 bucks a trip, super redundant and can't crash, runs whenever you have the whim to fly with no waiting but if it only flies in a helium atmosphere, your hooped and useless, you have to work with whats out there. You built the most useless airplane!

The Internet is a cool place, there are actually companies out there that for many years publish all these factors of typical speeds, video speeds, processor speeds etc, what does the average user today have. I think all this is ignored and I really do not understand the developers goal? To make the prettiest unplayable game ever? And make money at it? whooa, I missed that course in school! How do developers see that as fun for anyone, I see and hear constantly how annoyed people are in all events due to losing due to game problems. It is not a user problem like developers like to blame, the games must run on the equipment out there and be fully functional. Players conversations about problems are the most significant talk out there, not good.

Latency/speeds, whooa, a tough one, it is published, gotta work with it, you picked this environment to work in! Apparently most users don't have a production grade Internet connection costing thousands a month so latency and speed is a primary factor to manage and be able to effectively run in.

Graphics speeds/processor speeds, has to be accounted for in what the typical user has. It doesn't mater what the latest and greatest can do, few will have it.

On screen movement, something that needs processing power, whooa, you get the award for that. Unreadable, of no use but it is all there. How much damage I received from a hit, can't tell, all I see is hundreds of numbers overlaying hundreds of number and scrolling, wow now that is useful. Players have abilities to remove buffs on the team, oops can't see the buffs someone reconfigured for larger sprites to make the sylphs/hero's pretty. This is of use to a player how?

Turning off other objects (players), interesting idea, you reduced movement 20% of the time on 10% of the display, quick calculation, umm thats a 2% reduction in lag caused by movement, yup didn't help. It also took away the ability to tell what was coming (type of sylphs/eudemons of the opponent), a couple of static icons of hero type, sylph type, eudemon type would have helped. Maybe even make the active one larger.

Giving users the ability to control their environment to match their computer type might have been more useful, like:
                            - Turn off environmental, screen shakes (there is 100% of the display moving 40% of the time, way more than turning characters off)
                            - Turn off crit clowds, has issues, users still need to see who did what damage, totalize it, stick it in a chat like window with dmg/skill used/hero or something, something actually useful to a player.
                            - Make characters smaller, way back you made everything bigger, each individual character looked better but now you can't see what you need to see on the party members. Thus what use is buff icons on players, you can't see them, we have rings to help, can't see to use it effectively. Cascade effect of 1 mistake makes 10 other items less useful but they are all there causing processor/video time.
                            -Reduce to a lower resolution or multiple resolution options will hugely reduce lag.
                            -Turn off character skill animations (like a night running to hit) but not the skill animation so you can see the skill go off.

Memory, wow, in part this is flash but whooa, the worst management ever award here. I would agree flash isn't the easiest here but it is possible. Repeated fight scenes degrade speed rapidly, browsers environments overload, flash crashes all point at serious memory leaks and a lack of management. Users having to take this into their own hands and refresh hundreds of times a day just to play. I call that a user experience warning indicator!

Making money is easy all you have to do is make a product that makes people happy to spend! Taking tens of thousands from them and making them lose due to issues isn't a good substitute, technically your penalizing them for spending.
                            well said

Comment

Nicely put, mi amigo, nicely put.
                              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Sivona View Post
                                We are currently trying very hard to resolve the lag issues. The mentioned optimizations will be updated with patch 5.1. We'll make another announcement if there is any change.

I. Hide Players
                                In October we expect to change the default setting to cause all players in Cloud City and the World BOSS to appear invisible. You may still switch player visibility on, but this should help reduce the lag.

II. Battle Optimizations
                                1. Players can now choose to hide certain things during battles.
                                2. The client will check player's computer properties. When computer performance is poor (frames, CPU utilization, memory footprint), the system will automatically hide less important things during battles.
                                3. Players may set what they want to hide during battles.
                                4. The settings for hiding things will be kept for the next battle.
                                5. Hiding Rules:
                                1) Your own character and Eudaemon cannot be hidden.
                                2) Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden.
                                3) Other players' character names, HP bars and damage display cannot be hidden.
                                4) PVE Battles: Monster-related resources will be kept.
                                5) PVP Battles: Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden while their character name, HP bar and damage display will be kept.
                                Note: "other players" refer to party members as well as opponents

III. Dungeon & Battle Loading Optimizations
                                Changed the sequence for reading and loading resources.

Thank you for your continued support to Wartune! We at R2 will continue to do our best to bring you a better gaming experience!
                                The lag has NOT improved and NO, we can;t ick to hide or NOT hide. It just hides. I have a fast computer, FIOS 75/75 and I can click UNHIDE but it hides.
                                Reldra was here....

Comment

Working...
                                X