Gem Issue Follow-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    That you are so strident in wanting stuff but not wanting others to have it increases your tendency to be a cheat. That is why they cheat in the first place. Tsk tsk tsk.

It is a good thing that your opinion means little. ONE guy out of thousands.

But hey, what do I care? Let's have the alternative and R2 return nothing and give nothing. It is EVEN EASIER for them.

Thanks, R2. Case is closed. You can relax and have a good holidays. Merry Christmas!
    You really think that giving all my missing gems to everyone solves the problem that r2 stole from those who did not have the treasure inventory and therefore could not have the bug ?
    Why should you get even more gems just because your cheating was not noticed.
    I just want the gems that r2 stole from me to be returned.
    They had no valid reason to take them.
    That they have not even acknowledged that they have made an error by stealing from those who did not have the bug to exploit.
    Merely shows how little r2 cares about its players.
    That sending in a picture which clearly shows that I did not have the treasure inventory, still means nothing to them.
    Yes they are having a lovely holiday but remember its on the back of all the cashers who have paid for that holiday.
    And now they are sticking 2 fingers up at them.

Please note that ada is a lawyer employed by r2 to down play this theft.

Comment

• Gilligan is at the helm! Don't worry all will be better when they loose all players from all games! Their obvious goal!

Oh but of course, not before taking millions from everyone!
      Last edited by jabbery; 12-28-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabbery View Post
        Gilligan is at the helm!
        *Chortle*
        Think that sums it up nicely
        Gremlin
        Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

• this in my mailbox this morning --

R2 Brian replied:
          Greetings slug,

Thanks for taking time to submit your problem to us regarding the missing divinity sous problem.

We have received a lot of tickets from player regarding the same issue and we are currently working on it together with the developer to a quick solution.

We will make request with the developer for 16 level 6 ,33 level 7 and 12 level 8 divinity souls for you and they will be delivered to your account within 4 business days.

Please let us know if you are having any other problems and we are happy to help!

-The R2Games Team

Comment

• Denton Haynes
            10:27 AM (0 minutes ago)

to support
            that is good news, i look forward to having my gems back, can you tell me, will the program that removed the first time still be active? i hardly dare to have them in my sockets again.

As a final note, I would like you to issue compensation to anyone that had their gems removed and you replaced them by sending each person a commemorative flying slug mount.

Comment

• so the cheaters who whined and cried that r2 took their gems are recieving them back hmmmmmmmmmm

so now i will ask this question r2 will u be changing your t.o.s ?

your allowing hacks and cheaters to get away with stuff now?

so it is ok to cheat r2 then now????

Comment

• Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                so the cheaters who whined and cried that r2 took their gems are recieving them back hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes you're right, how dare the people who didn't cheat, hack, or exploit any system ( and can prove it too ) get a small chunk back of what was wrongfully taken from them.

Comment

so the cheaters who whined and cried that r2 took their gems are recieving them back hmmmmmmmmmm

not everyone who had items taken did something wrong. so yes, they should get their stuff back, IF they didnt do anything wrong. some people, who dont even have the treasure inventory, so they couldnt possibly have used the exploit glitch, got items taken. so YES give people who DID NOT exploit anything their items back.

Comment

• well harry for your information, i didnt cheat
                    so i deserved to get my gems back, im sure they did a check before the patch before they decided to give anything back

so before you get on your immoral high horse about who cheated and who didnt, i did not cheat, and after playing without my gems, not being able to do the events for divinity souls and playing class wars without divinity souls, im getting them back

THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO BEGIN WITH!

Comment

Last edited by dennyh; 12-29-2015, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• harry you should be thankful you didnt get caught in this witch hunt, and have to wonder if you were going to get back your stuff that was taken wrongly.
                        i have been playing for over 3 years, worked hard on my toon and maximizing events to get better gems/souls/resistance, and then to have the game client take them away without notice, without communication and in my thinking without prevocation. At this point for my level, i dont even think my divinity souls are average but below average, so was amazed that i would have triggered any filter or cutoff on them.

be thankful it doesnt happen to you, so you dont have to be one of the people who are screaming about losing your hard earned stuff when you have done nothing wrong. And having everyone else automatically assume you are a hacker/cheater, cuz you know what happens when you assume....

Comment

People who did nothing wrong, but were wrongfully flagged for exploiting (be it unintentional or not) should get their things back... that's kind of a no-brainer. Only a few folks on my server (which is merged from a total of 12 servers now) had any issues, and all of them use the auto-organize feature. Folks who don't use it seemed not to have that problem (which makes me think that whatever script they used looked for that specific action as a trigger). Anyway, I did want to address something else posted further back in the thread...

Xharry - You don't seem to understand how software testing works (especially with regards to Wartune) remotely as well as you think you do, and I'll explain how and why.

Firstly, they have a whole set of testing servers for all release versions (remember, everything we get in Europe, the US servers, oceanic servers, etc) was running in china for months before we ever saw it. Conversion has to be done before anything can be deployed by any partner-publisher such as Armorgames, Kabam, etc. as they are not all running identical configurations (that would be kind of ridiculous and unprofitable for them). I know that both R2 and Kabam have their own respective banks of test servers (some for each region in some cases) for a fact, and they do have different rules and whatnot for those servers compared to all their normal production servers as one might expect.

Beta testing is not performed first... Beta is the 2nd letter in the Greek alphabet, which denotes the 2nd in a series in typical usage. Alpha is the first letter, and consequently the first stage in a series in typical usage. Where software development is concerned, Alpha testing is what occurs behind the scenes, and is typically performed by the developers and/or dedicated staff depending upon how the organization is structured. For a company like R2, it is likely some of both in some fashion that includes dedicated testers as well as some developers testing and providing oversight. Alpha testers are not even considering looking for glitches or bugs unless they make the software unusable (which the bug addressed in this thread doesn't even come close to). Things that make the software unusable are addressed with highest priority, followed next by detected issues that severely impact the usability, but do not break it completely (typically addressed in order of what they feel is most detrimental to least detrimental).

By the time software reaches the Beta testing stage, it is already nearing release (there is no 3rd stage prior to deployment). Beta testing is intended to find bugs and glitches that are largely just anomalies within the inter-operations of the software, and to finish adding what are considered unnecessary or add-on features that can be added/removed, or turned on and off at whim. Most products spend either a lot more, or a lot less time in Beta testing than Alpha testing (rarely is it similar). The issues detected in Beta testing are largely considered low impact for the large part, and not significant enough to prevent production deployment in most cases. In the case of Wartune, if it doesn't break the game or make it significantly more difficult to play... then it's likely that it won't be considered cause enough to delay the deployment, because whatever it is doesn't break the game or make it significantly more difficult to play. It's standard practice across the entire industry of software development to release software with known-bugs/glitches that can be patched at a later date, with the very rare exception of software that the developer knows they may never get to update due to lack of connectivity or solid-state usage case.

Beta testing only occurs after the majority of the real tough testing has already been completed. Beta testing is also most frequently performed by end users rather than the company itself... because.. why would it make sense to have people who aren't familiar with using the software, be the primary testers of the software... even though they already know they're not familiar with using the software? People who will use the software and are most familiar with using it are always the best testers. Having the people who have been designing something and knowing how it is supposed to work actually makes it far less likely that those people will manage to find things that don't work as intended.. because they know how it is supposed to work, and will most likely use it accordingly. Regular players who don't know how the software is built and programmed are always going to be TONS better at finding problems than the devs or programmers. Programmers only work on segments of code, and you cannot get anything functional without tapping the entire team involved in some chunk of coding... that's how software programming has been done for 10-20 years now.

I'm positive that perhaps one out of every few thousand people who play Wartune have any clue at all how much coding there actually is behind it (or any game for that matter). Finding an error in code isn't like just browsing through a word document with a few hundred, or even a few thousand lines in it.... Wartune is built in Flash, and there are many MILLIONS of lines of code running Wartune. I played a major MMO for 12 years, and just the logs from chat over 5 years of that for one account (I played as many as 4) totaled roughly 28 million lines of logs. Now multiply that by a few million, and now you have some small idea of what searching through logs is like for a company like Wartune. Tools make it easier, but that is a LOT of information to go through.

They stated up front that their ticket system is swamped, and they have a lot of information to go through... it's going to take them a while to get through it (think many weeks to even a few months potentially). =\
                          Last edited by mread41; 12-29-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• I'll be damned, it didn't take r2 12 month to correct it

Good thing that the non-cheaters got back their stuff, if a few cheaters got lucky and got their stuff back, I guess it's fine... Better that 1 that did cheat gets stuff than 10 that didn't got all their stuff removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennyh View Post
                              harry you should be thankful you didnt get caught in this witch hunt, and have to wonder if you were going to get back your stuff that was taken wrongly.
                              i have been playing for over 3 years, worked hard on my toon and maximizing events to get better gems/souls/resistance, and then to have the game client take them away without notice, without communication and in my thinking without prevocation. At this point for my level, i dont even think my divinity souls are average but below average, so was amazed that i would have triggered any filter or cutoff on them.

be thankful it doesnt happen to you, so you dont have to be one of the people who are screaming about losing your hard earned stuff when you have done nothing wrong. And having everyone else automatically assume you are a hacker/cheater, cuz you know what happens when you assume....
                              i wasnt caught up with this mess becuse i brought my treasure inventory 2 days after the glitch was fixed plus i contacted r2 before buying it too if it was safe to do so as i too been playing over 3 years and didnt want my hard work wasted by r2 removing what i had and saved for 3 years

ive had stuff going missing in the passed told r2 this but what they do is ignorance cuz i play on kabam then give up whining about them cuz it taskes them 2 or 3 mnths to answer u

if u read post properly i said if u cheated and got ur stuff taken away its ur fault for hacking cheating

but if u didnt cheat and they took stuff away u will ave it back sometime this millenium

but if r2 gives back to the cheaters who had stuff removed whats the point aving a T/O/S and r2 rules to follow ??? so r2 are telling us its ok to cheat then >>>>??????
                              Last edited by Xharry005x; 12-30-2015, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mread41 View Post
                                People who did nothing wrong, but were wrongfully flagged for exploiting (be it unintentional or not) should get their things back... that's kind of a no-brainer. Only a few folks on my server (which is merged from a total of 12 servers now) had any issues, and all of them use the auto-organize feature. Folks who don't use it seemed not to have that problem (which makes me think that whatever script they used looked for that specific action as a trigger). Anyway, I did want to address something else posted further back in the thread...

Xharry - You don't seem to understand how software testing works (especially with regards to Wartune) remotely as well as you think you do, and I'll explain how and why.

Firstly, they have a whole set of testing servers for all release versions (remember, everything we get in Europe, the US servers, oceanic servers, etc) was running in china for months before we ever saw it. Conversion has to be done before anything can be deployed by any partner-publisher such as Armorgames, Kabam, etc. as they are not all running identical configurations (that would be kind of ridiculous and unprofitable for them). I know that both R2 and Kabam have their own respective banks of test servers (some for each region in some cases) for a fact, and they do have different rules and whatnot for those servers compared to all their normal production servers as one might expect.

Beta testing is not performed first... Beta is the 2nd letter in the Greek alphabet, which denotes the 2nd in a series in typical usage. Alpha is the first letter, and consequently the first stage in a series in typical usage. Where software development is concerned, Alpha testing is what occurs behind the scenes, and is typically performed by the developers and/or dedicated staff depending upon how the organization is structured. For a company like R2, it is likely some of both in some fashion that includes dedicated testers as well as some developers testing and providing oversight. Alpha testers are not even considering looking for glitches or bugs unless they make the software unusable (which the bug addressed in this thread doesn't even come close to). Things that make the software unusable are addressed with highest priority, followed next by detected issues that severely impact the usability, but do not break it completely (typically addressed in order of what they feel is most detrimental to least detrimental).

By the time software reaches the Beta testing stage, it is already nearing release (there is no 3rd stage prior to deployment). Beta testing is intended to find bugs and glitches that are largely just anomalies within the inter-operations of the software, and to finish adding what are considered unnecessary or add-on features that can be added/removed, or turned on and off at whim. Most products spend either a lot more, or a lot less time in Beta testing than Alpha testing (rarely is it similar). The issues detected in Beta testing are largely considered low impact for the large part, and not significant enough to prevent production deployment in most cases. In the case of Wartune, if it doesn't break the game or make it significantly more difficult to play... then it's likely that it won't be considered cause enough to delay the deployment, because whatever it is doesn't break the game or make it significantly more difficult to play. It's standard practice across the entire industry of software development to release software with known-bugs/glitches that can be patched at a later date, with the very rare exception of software that the developer knows they may never get to update due to lack of connectivity or solid-state usage case.

Beta testing only occurs after the majority of the real tough testing has already been completed. Beta testing is also most frequently performed by end users rather than the company itself... because.. why would it make sense to have people who aren't familiar with using the software, be the primary testers of the software... even though they already know they're not familiar with using the software? People who will use the software and are most familiar with using it are always the best testers. Having the people who have been designing something and knowing how it is supposed to work actually makes it far less likely that those people will manage to find things that don't work as intended.. because they know how it is supposed to work, and will most likely use it accordingly. Regular players who don't know how the software is built and programmed are always going to be TONS better at finding problems than the devs or programmers. Programmers only work on segments of code, and you cannot get anything functional without tapping the entire team involved in some chunk of coding... that's how software programming has been done for 10-20 years now.

I'm positive that perhaps one out of every few thousand people who play Wartune have any clue at all how much coding there actually is behind it (or any game for that matter). Finding an error in code isn't like just browsing through a word document with a few hundred, or even a few thousand lines in it.... Wartune is built in Flash, and there are many MILLIONS of lines of code running Wartune. I played a major MMO for 12 years, and just the logs from chat over 5 years of that for one account (I played as many as 4) totaled roughly 28 million lines of logs. Now multiply that by a few million, and now you have some small idea of what searching through logs is like for a company like Wartune. Tools make it easier, but that is a LOT of information to go through.

They stated up front that their ticket system is swamped, and they have a lot of information to go through... it's going to take them a while to get through it (think many weeks to even a few months potentially). =\
                                Hmmmmmm dont know how testing works seems u dont either

1a: pre alpha test 1b: alpha test - 2: beta Test - 3: Full release

pre alpha test ave 1 test server test pre alpha patch for 2 to 3 mnths find what they can find glitches bugs etc

alpha test ave 1 or 2 wartune test servers test what has been fixed in pre alpha format

beta test ave 5 or 7 wartune servers test to stability in beta test before full release

full release with everything fixed from beta and alpha testing

so do you think i still dont know how testing works but if u wanna do more testing then u got open and closed beta testing
                                Last edited by Xharry005x; 12-30-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X