Treasure Inventory Comp.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabbery View Post
    You do know that due to events, written words or not you just clearly called a pile of folks cheaters! You also know that there is one legal item that if proven can get around your terms of service rules and expose you to the legal world? You do know that you just exposed yourself that 1 legal item? Whooa and the owner is a public company, ouch.. I'm sure thats goona hurt a lot more than how you hurt your supporters! I see many parts of the company chain involved have investors of very high status, holy ouch. The repercussions are amazingly high here. There is a lot of egg to be put on faces of folks that really do not like egg on their face. Oooh the fragile public company markets, ouch again.

The ball is back in your court! Better find a solution fast and I hear there is a pile of players support for actions, I have heard many actions are well underway already, albeit they jumped a touch early expecting the outcome that actually happened, man I need them folks to help me guess where to invest!
    I would presume that libel wouldn't apply here since accounts are supposed to be anonymous. In addition to that, 7roads and R2 have the right to modify any account for any reason, regardless of balens spent. What legal item exactly did they violate that would allow you to press charges? No doubt it would definitely get the ball rolling, but those ToS are pretty solid.

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    In the US, the country with the most incarcerations in the world, there's been 1,721 in the past 27 years. There are more than 40,000 Convictions in the US per year. On average, 63.7 per year are exonerated. That's a rate of .0016 per conviction.

Based on that rate, if 625 people were banned, 1 should be exonerated. That's it.

But that said, this is R2 / PC / 7Road , and they've never been known to be the brightest tools in the shed. If they really wanted to determine a probable list of offenders and proper response they'd have done the following:
    • Restore all Player Profiles from the Pre-Patch Backup to a new DB.
    • Back up the (current) Player Profile from bug detection time.
    • Run Scripts to report on Gem, Div Soul, Diamond, Will Crystal, Res Reduce Crystal, Astral Values, and Gold Reserve Differential.
    • Flag those which exhibit inordinate increases over the given period by tracking equivalent values of such more than doubling in the case of total worth.
    • Ban such accounts until they are restored from the pre-patch backup, no exceptions. Gains made after the patch during the abuse are forfeit.
    To be fair that's a misnomer. The rate of people who are exonerated is just a percentage of the people who could prove they are innocent. It has nothing to do with the actual rate of people who are innocent of crimes, not to mention the amount of people we have in prison for no real reason; non-violent drug offenses for example.

More on topic, there's no real way to know exactly how many people were wrongfully banned or had items taken away.
    Last edited by Alsatia01; 12-21-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I am happy to have gotten anything as I lost nothing...but I got none of the lvl 4-10 gem packs and I am lvl 80. They just never appeared after I opened the comp packs.

I wonder about the people who were completely stripped of their gems/div souls. Are they getting them back? Are you putting them through 'support elves' who couldn't even tie their own shoes if you paid them? WT totally lost some heavy , heavy spenders because you didn't restore THEIR items. Items they paid for, worked for, played for.

It's like going to walmart, and you buy 40 items. 4 months later, you get a knock on the door. It is someone from Wal-Mart. They barge their way into your house and take back the 40 items. You show a receipt. They say "Look at that receipt, it says we can take back whatever we want, whenever we want."

I don't think the real world works that way. The people that WT STOLE items from should do a chargeback, for the worth of those items. If WT bans for that, then court. I am pretty sure credit card companies will side with the customer.

Worth should be by WT standards. Which are over inflated. For example, 50 divinity shards =$5 USD normally. For div souls, one should look it up in shop or DW merchant and go by that and add it up.
      Last edited by R27639087; 12-21-2015, 08:41 PM.
      Reldra was here....

Comment

If the game wasn't already so laggy, I would run a screen capture recorder constantly. It seems we can;t trust WT and when you send a ticket, they ask for a screen shot or a video now.
        Reldra was here....

Comment

Originally posted by R27639087 View Post
          It's like going to walmart, and you buy 40 items. 4 months later, you get a knock on the door. It is someone from Wal-Mart. They barge their way into your house and take back the 40 items. You show a receipt. They say "Look at that receipt, it says we can take back whatever we want, whenever we want."

I don't think the real world works that way. The people that WT STOLE items from should do a chargeback, for the worth of those items. If WT bans for that, then court. I am pretty sure credit card companies will side with the customer.
          Unfortunately it's a little different. It's more like you go to wal-mart and then sign a contract on entering saying that anything and everything you do and anything you buy is still their property. So they would have the authority to 'take' it back in a sense. It's not exactly the correct scenario since peoples homes are largely 'sovereign', but you get the idea. You sign a contract that is the ToS when you create an account.

Comment

Originally posted by Vuurl View Post
            Seems to be a lot of trolls here.All i know is I did not have treasure inventory until the 18th 4 days after the emergency maintenance that fixed it.They took ALL my Eudaemon diamonds 23 level 11,1 level 10,2 level 9,2 level 8,several level 4 to 7s,223 level 3,60 level 2,and a few level 1s.I hope I get them back.This comp isn't even close to that.
            You are amongst the only group who has a foolproof case to have your items restored. However, remember this: The ToS states that R2 can do anything they want to your account and it is THEIR RIGHT to do so. That means if they give you compensation of any sort, it is a bonus.

Next time, understand what you are signing before putting your name to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
              You are amongst the only group who has a foolproof case to have your items restored. However, remember this: The ToS states that R2 can do anything they want to your account and it is THEIR RIGHT to do so. That means if they give you compensation of any sort, it is a bonus.

Next time, understand what you are signing before putting your name to it.
              Although there is very little actual law on this subject several things have been determined by the courts.One of these things that has been determined is that if any player of the game has sold in game items to another player for real money the ToS or EULA is invalid.
              There are a couple of people on this very forum selling hot event codes to get in game items for real money.Therefor the ToS is invalid. Not worth taking it to court of course.they will drag it out for years.I also read everything I sign.No need to troll.

Comment

lost 3 x lvl 7 divinity soul, and got back one lvl 8. great deal for me. But it would be better if we dont get bugs like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vuurl View Post
                  Although there is very little actual law on this subject several things have been determined by the courts.One of these things that has been determined is that if any player of the game has sold in game items to another player for real money the ToS or EULA is invalid.
                  There are a couple of people on this very forum selling hot event codes to get in game items for real money.Therefor the ToS is invalid. Not worth taking it to court of course.they will drag it out for years.I also read everything I sign.No need to troll.
                  You might want to cry about the ToS being invalid, but it is plain as day for all to see that you have no rights to your toon. Only R2 does. Any money you put into it is... rent at best.

No rights = no expectations = be grateful for whatever compensation they deem fit to give you

Personally, I don't bother crying about rights here in the forums. I am in the game because of friends and if they leave, so will I. I owe R2 no loyalty nor any of my hard earned cash.

The below is not directed at you, Vuurl, but it has some bearing:

I have no love for R2, but the level of hyperbole, deceit, fraud, bias and just plain asshattery that goes on here directed at R2 BY ADMITTED CHEATERS is amusing. I have read their rants in the FB page set up to organise a class action against R2. The amount of admitted cheating is hilarious. Their justifications even more so. Oh, if those guys read this, don't bother deleting it. I have screenshots, which I am more than happy to forward to R2 if the lawsuit ever gets off the ground.

I don't mind people throwing poopoo at R2. I do it myself, and have been banned repeatedly for it. But it must be just and deserved. Crying about losing things and abusing R2 for it while admitting to cheating is neither.

It has gotten to the point that ALL people who have lost things are being tarred by these cheaters. ANYONE who speaks up now automatically get that tag simply because of the strident behaviour of the cheaters and their fraudulent attempts to garner sympathy. You are guilty until proven innocent, thanks to the cheaters.

Here is an example of the complaints, and I quote this VERBATIM: "I triggered the bug about 10 times before I even knew about it." "yes I did it more later but what choice was there, so many were doing it and I would be lumped in like cupcake below anyway."

Translation: "I'm innocent, Your Honour! I was just holding the knife, and it stabbed itself into him 10 times before I knew what was happening! And since I know I would be blamed for it, I stabbed him a few hundred times more!"
                  Last edited by AdaJames; 12-22-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
                    The Treasure Inventory issue has been fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to compensate all players for bearing with us. Thank you as always for your continued support!

Lvl. 60 - 69 players will receive: 1M Gold, Lvl. 4-10 HP Gem Chest x10, Lvl. 5 Will Crystal x1, Lvl. 5 Fire Resistance Crystal x1, Lvl. 5 HP Divinity Soul x1, Lvl. 5 HP Diamond x1, 500 Bound Balens

Lvl. 70 - 79 players will recieve: 2M Gold, Lvl. 4-10 HP Gem Chest x20, Lvl. 6 Will Crystal x1, Lvl. 6 Fire Resistance Crystal x1, Lvl. 6 HP Divinity Soul x1, Lvl. 6 HP Diamond x1, 1K Bound Balens

Lvl. 80 players will recieve: 3M Gold, Lvl. 4-10 HP Gem Chest x30, Lvl. 7 Will Crystal x1, Lvl. 7 Fire Resistance Crystal x1, Lvl. 7 HP Divinity Soul x1, Lvl. 7 HP Diamond x1, 2K Bound Balens.
                    http://prntscr.com/9hb320
                    where all my gems?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Klonthang; 12-22-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

items gone for the 3rd time, good job guys

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                        You might want to cry about the ToS being invalid, but it is plain as day for all to see that you have no rights to your toon. Only R2 does. Any money you put into it is... rent at best.

No rights = no expectations = be grateful for whatever compensation they deem fit to give you

Personally, I don't bother crying about rights here in the forums. I am in the game because of friends and if they leave, so will I. I owe R2 no loyalty nor any of my hard earned cash.
                        I see it as a little more grey than that with no absolutes. WT's ToS of course says what it says but in the legal world a service was paid for and that service was delivered then taken away is different. It was of course taken away during an investigation into exploiters, having it taken away is somewhat ok as long as it is returned in a acceptable amount of time along with appropriate compensation. Now compensation is different for everyone and can't be the same for everyone as the event of WT taking away paid for, played for stuff, all equates to currency (sweat equity) impact was much different for some.

Lets then add in other required industry effected that WT needs to survive, I know they don't want to hear from thousands of their clients what problems they believe/perceive they have with a game. I have heard there has been a lot of folks complain to their providers and the providers policies care very little if any for WT's TOS, WT signed the providers acceptance policy to be allowed to accept payment, they have their own and theirs say in a complicated way if a services is paid for it must be delivered else reversals are just. That industry is loyal to their clients, the card holders and must be else they would not exist. I'm also very sure they don't want to get onto the card industries black lists and every complaint increases their risk to being on that list just or not.

Back to the exploiters, everyone was asked after they said "we are done" for what was missing, awesome, so honest folks get it back and so does exploiters to some degree maybe? if it can be proved what was taken? Why wasn't it recorded what was taken? I have not been asked for screenshots yet, but they know that is not possible! But they ask always for it in the past. I don't have the foggiest clue what they took other than some of 1 item, blank spots in my inventory suggested missing items. I don't have a photographic memory!

So back to the honest folks, we have to prove it, even though they seemingly blindly took it, not our responsibility to prove actually, it is their responsibility to record what they have done exactly.

Even if they say they have the full right to take anything they want they don't have the right to do it for no reason or a whimsical reason without records. Record keeping was proven by the emailed question "what are you missing?"

This concept is what exposes them to some difficult times on their part. In a court of law, answering why and what was done with "because and I don't know, we have no records exactly" doesn't typically fair so well. I myself am not doing anything but waiting, their at the helm, if they sink their ship that is completely up to them.

Also, there are price tags imposed by WT on items as the replacement price on them, that adds to the uglyness as them replacement pricetags are very high.

R2 is an agent here I think, but as an agent it is their responsibility to protect their clients to their clients satisfaction and deliver what was offered by them. Having a very large group very upset draws yet another picture that should not be drawn, this picture paints more uglyness for them.

That all said, things happen, people get upset over their investments being it time or money it doesn't' matter, all an investment. It is not what happens out of your control that defines you it is how you handle the problem that does.

Comment

The terms of service patently shows that you have no rights to anything within the WT "experience". That is a given.

Whether they want to start a war with card providers and the like it up to R2.

The thing is WE, as players, have no rights. R2 might do things our way just to keep the peace, if not with us, then with our banks, but at the end of the day, that still means we have no rights. What we have is blackmail.

R2 has no responsibility other than to their shareholders. Definitely not to us, we EXPLICITLY agreed to this when we signed the ToS.

We have no rights. R2 might not want to antagonise us for whatever reason, but we are the ones who signed away our sovereignity when we agreed to the ToS.

You want to argue about R2's incompetence, you will get none from me. They are so incompetence they make Peter look like Einstein.

You want to argue about R2's "resonsibility" to us or our "rights", well, you're wrong. There is all there is to it.

Comment

Jabbery your wasting your time........
                            Ada is an employee of r2 - his job is to persuade players that they have no rights.
                            Because r2 are absolutely crapping themselves over the thought of law suits being brought against them, for their recent illegal activities.

You notice that Ada never talks from the players viewpoint only r2.
                            Thats because he is a lawyer employed by r2.

So don't waste time arguing with him - he is a r2 lawyer and will only take r2's side.

Comment

As I have stated in another post/thread, if Ada's an R2 employee then I am the President of the Free World. Plus, I don't think it's a 'he' either. Anyways, enough of that.

Thing is, there is a ToS that we all agreed to when we signed up. I naturally take time to read it to see if it has everything I wanted to know. However, it does state (on any provider's ToS for that matter) that our accounts are the property of R2 (or said provider); it's not ours to keep. Also, it did say a bunch of other things like if you're caught cheating, exploiting, you're going to get banned. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter if you spend (you're a fool if you're caught cheating while pumping money into a game); it doesn't make you 'above the rest'; you're going to get burned the same way the non-spender is going to get burned, just you're going to lose your money as a result.

Now, the ToS covers R2's a.ss to the point it has to be on the player's end of a fault to make it stand. However, there's another side in this world, in the form of if a player was robbed/wrongly banned while spending, I am sure there are routes/remedies that player can take since they are a paying customer and didn't get the service as expected. This would be called a breach to the ToS as R2 was expected to follow their side but didn't deliver. As long as you got supporting evidence, you could smack them; just you don't own the account (let's get that clear).
                              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

The point is that a lot of people have proved that they did not cheat - but are still not getting the stolen items returned.
                                Whatever you say its still fraud.

Comment

Working...
                                X