Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would only be to happy to take a moderating position i have been playing this game for years and had a lot of moderating experience over the last 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by R23012838 View Post
      there is various information people can get from facebook and other fan site and they provide a more usefull information and guide THAN the official moderator or mentor in this game, they just need to look for it rather than searching here.also i dont think being a mod require lots of time which make you cannot go outside and abandon your real job for that, if by any means thats what happen then i prefer my real life obviously.
      There are tons of places to get info but you have to understand that mentors/mods can only give out info that R2 gives them or risk giving out wrong information that these sites might have. Just because Chinese or test servers get something in a patch does not by any means mean that we too will get them. Take the kids for example that they got where you raised a child to fight in battles and we got eudaemon just to name one. As far as abandoning my real job .. my point was if we got paid to be a mentor/mod then they really would not have to post asking for people to become mods, there would be a long list of people willing to do it just for the money not caring for the players they are here to help. As for how much time you need to put into being a mod/mentor I can tell you they expect you to put more into it then a small 12 hr part time job a week which is why I am unable to do it.
      IGN: whitewolf
      Server: s507 Forgotten Abyss
      Guild: OUTCASTS
      Class: Archer

Comment

give me a solid reason why someone should be a moderator.

these excuses dont count:
        - " to help other people" - you dont need to be a moderator to help others. in fact being a moderator with a limited toon power (they always >10 level with no equipment) makes it harder to do actual helping.

and its very dumb to not reward moderators. in another game and provider i played, they at least gives reward to the volunteers with currency of another game that they didnt moderate.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by darkwolf3307 View Post
          As for how much time you need to put into being a mod/mentor I can tell you they expect you to put more into it then a small 12 hr part time job a week which is why I am unable to do it.
          Some days I spend 15 minutes or less every couple of hours just to make sure everything is okay. Of course it's going to depend on the day, and on what's broken, but it really isn't as time consuming as you think it is.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post

these excuses dont count:
          - " to help other people" - you dont need to be a moderator to help others. in fact being a moderator with a limited toon power (they always >10 level with no equipment) makes it harder to do actual helping.

and its very dumb to not reward moderators. in another game and provider i played, they at least gives reward to the volunteers with currency of another game that they didnt moderate.
          Moderators do not have level 10 toons. You are thinking of the mentors. Moderators play their own toons.

You do not need to be a mod to help others, of course. I would much rather the community help each other and a moderator can focus on the things no one can answer, and push important issues, while doing actual moderation tasks.

Why should you be a moderator? That's for the applicant to decide. Payment should not be a factor, and wouldn't be openly discussed even if it was.
          Last edited by MemoryLane; 06-02-2017, 12:03 AM.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

MemoryLane

Might have been mentors I was thinking of don't mind me lol
            Last edited by darkwolf3307; 06-02-2017, 12:40 AM.
            IGN: whitewolf
            Server: s507 Forgotten Abyss
            Guild: OUTCASTS
            Class: Archer

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
              Why should you be a moderator? That's for the applicant to decide. Payment should not be a factor, and wouldn't be openly discussed even if it was.
              gee, thanks for the non-answer >_>
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

gee, thanks for the non-answer >_>
                It's not a simple answer. Be a mod because you want to be a mod. Be a mod because you don't like the current mods and could totally do it better. Be a mod because you want a shiny name and a new toolbar. Be a mod because you hate when we change your words to cupcakes or pink hearts and you want to see something else be used instead. Be a mod because you have a vision of how you feel a forum should work and know it would be the best forum ever. Be a mod because you think you saying it will make the devs act on it.

Be a mod because you feel the ticket system is horrible and you have better answers to people's questions than what they are told in tickets. Be a mod because you know you have better answers to what people are given in tickets and you would have the ability to make sure that answer given in tickets is adjusted.

Of course, all of that comes right back around to be a mod to help others, just in a more official capacity than a normal player.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

i am in u s eastern time zone i used to be a mod for war to glory forums for about 2 years

Comment

Textbook answer as given by MemoryLane. It cannot go further than that, so lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill. To all the folks that are applying for said position(s), I commend you for coming forth in doing so. R2 Forums need folks like you in the hopes you fine folk will make a difference when it comes to the livelihood of such as well as tending to the members with their needs and/or questions.

I was once a moderator of an old game many moons ago, so I know how it goes. You have to give a bit of your time to help out in maintaining order as well as maintaining your assigned section, so do not think that you're on a "ball and chain" when it comes to such. Throughout your tenure, you will encounter folks that may not like you. However, try not to abuse the authority that is given to you in getting back at those folks. Moderators are supposed to be unbiased and will keep a straight face, but at the same time, ask for their fellow moderators and/or admins for help on things they might be stumped on. So, if you're here for "power" or do not have the fortitude to keep calm in situations, this might not be for you.

Now, I heard somewhere that people are asking for payment or wondering what it would entail. Ask yourselves this, when you help someone with whatever you can bring to the table, have you always asked for something in return in doing so? Day in and day out, I had helped many folks, either through here or in the game when they come forth with something they are curious about (or how something works). Not once have I asked for such repayment as I feel that if I have something I know and it could be beneficial to the player/member, then I will do just that. I don't need payment as the only thing I can accept (and if they are up for it) is a simple "thank you". On the other side of the coin, if I don't know the answer, I will just say it and hoping someone who knows will come forth so I, too, will know as well. You see how that works?

Before all spotlights are cast upon me and questions start flying on whether or not I want to be a moderator, I am going to state a few things:
                    • I cannot be a moderator because most of my time is on the road. My units are always AFK or offline, so I will answer questions presented at the time when I am at the console. I wear many hats: family man, bread winner, problem solver, benchmark tester, network administrator, and "go to" man for all in the real life. It's how my life is paved for me that I must walk on throughout time.
                    • I cannot be a moderator because while I am not biased, I tend to strike at anything I lay my eyes upon when engaged. However, I do it in a way that is comical (like my rating wall) because I am just a funny guy. Can't say the same for the one that is on the receiving end.
                    • And finally, I cannot be a moderator because my network (after perfecting it over the years) will not accept any third-party software that is deemed hazardous to it. It was once a target of a hydra-based worm (in 2002) that it took many man hours to finally clean up and overhaul the six systems within. I now have ten systems that are part of my home and business as well as two guest networks that are fire walled with approved software/ports that can be used while disabling others.
                    So let's recap:
                    • You want to be a mod because you want to help others and make a difference.
                    • You do not expect anything in return other than someone saying "thank you" when they got the answer they were looking for from you.
                    • You have free time in doing so.
                    Have a good night and good luck.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                      Helping someone who hasn't been able to get help through traditional means is payment enough. If that is not a statement you agree with, then this is not a position for you.
                      it good thing in a good way to help out new player coming to the game and make sure they the best time in the game and to have fun I will say this I love wartune I play as much I as much as I can win I am not busy most of my free time is on the game help out getting help with rooms on the game

Comment

The only time I open this forum is to check for new servers and now I see ppl recruiting new staff to handle it lol

Comment

Are mods in contact with developers?

Comment

Originally posted by ag.wartune View Post
                            Are mods in contact with developers?
                            We have contact with R2, who obviously has contact with the devs. The devs are not R2, so we don't have direct contact with them.

Comment

I wouldnt mind being a moderator. I live in US Central Time Zone

Comment

Hello wartune

i would like to be a Moderator in your MMorg game, i have been playing years from now and i really would like to help you guys
                                i'm a moroccan 18 years old boy,i speak fluent english.and i'm always active in the forums.
                                i seek this rank my whole life, i used to be a moderator at a minecraft server and i know how handle this rank

Thanks
                                Last edited by dragoon4; 07-03-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X