Wartune Weekly Maintenance 1/18 04:00 AM EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Maintenance Notice] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 1/18 04:00 AM EST

Wartune will be having a Maintenance on Thursday, the 18th of January at 04:00 AM EST, 01:00 AM PST, 09:00 AM GMT, and 5:00 PM GMT +8 for all servers.

Maintenance is expected to take approximately 1 hour but could be shorter or longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

Please be aware that Astrals Captured, but not claimed or sold will be lost during maintenance. If you have Astrals left unclaimed, please claim them before maintenance starts. Please log out as well before the maintenance to avoid data loss. We'll make another announcement if the maintenance is extended due to unexpected issues. Thank you.

Note:
    Considering the various bugs such as ranking/Hot Event resets and Dimensional War reward issues that may result due to the maintenance, we've prepared the following compensation for all servers involved:
    1,000,000 Gold
    1,000,000 Daru
    Extreme Stamina Potion x1
    Lvl. 2 Bonus EXP Scroll x1
    Double Honor Scroll x1
    Blood of Zeus x40

Patch Notes:
    1. New welfare: Raised daily purchase attempt caps and added new Eudaemon and Sylph training materials to Guild Shop. Check them out!
    2. Fixed the issue where the Balens consumption amounts were incorrectly displayed when blitzing Endless Abyss.
    3. Fixed the issue where unclaimed rewards from Veteran’s Welfare were not sent out via mail when returning players started in new servers.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support! See you all in-game!
    Last edited by R2_Cinney; 01-18-2018, 12:06 AM.

what are they exactly fixing in this maintenance

1: hope its the endless abyss 80 balens mess up and reverts back to 17 balens for doin 17 lvs

2: lag from game lmao ( not in a million years they could fix this)

3: icons top of browser with gold flashy spinning ( this causes the most lag get rid of the gold flashy stuff surrounding the icons)

4: do we realy need lv2 exp scroll stamina pot and gold and daru in compo what about giving us some worthfull items instead like willpower blood of zeus

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
      what are they exactly fixing in this maintenance

1: hope its the endless abyss 80 balens mess up and reverts back to 17 balens for doin 17 lvs

2: lag from game lmao ( not in a million years they could fix this)

3: icons top of browser with gold flashy spinning ( this causes the most lag get rid of the gold flashy stuff surrounding the icons)

4: do we realy need lv2 exp scroll stamina pot and gold and daru in compo what about giving us some worthfull items instead like willpower blood of zeus
      1. #2 states "Fixed the issue where the Balens consumption amounts were incorrectly displayed when blitzing Endless Abyss"... so yeah.... I would imagine based on that statement it IS referring to what you are referring to in #1

2. Nope, never going to fix it because in 90% of cases the lag is the issue of the player not theirs. They wont fix it because they dont know how lol.

3. Doesnt minimizing the icons reduce the lag? But yeah most of those icons could go. The have started dancing a little now also, thinking that may have to do more with them working on the new patch in the background than anything...maybe? idk

4. Blood of zeus is always useful, Im still using it on my lvl 10 willpower, on the other hand if you are referring to the essence of zeus which levels up the awakening skill then yeah that would be nice too. There are a LOT of things they could put in the comp pack, but wont.

Comment

Originally posted by R263360269 View Post
        2. Nope, never going to fix it because in 90% of cases the lag is the issue of the player not theirs. They wont fix it because they dont know how lol.
        I think it is pointed out good enough that it is the game and not the players. How does one still think that this lag is on the client-side?
        Read a little about Flash and how it works. It's the game, not the players.

4. Blood of zeus is always useful, Im still using it on my lvl 10 willpower, on the other hand if you are referring to the essence of zeus which levels up the awakening skill then yeah that would be nice too. There are a LOT of things they could put in the comp pack, but wont.
        Need even more. With 2 willpowers i need tons of BoZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post

I think it is pointed out good enough that it is the game and not the players. How does one still think that this lag is on the client-side?
          Read a little about Flash and how it works. It's the game, not the players.
          All I am saying is there are a lot of player who moan about lag without first investigating the possibility the error is with their old computer, slow internet or just poor maintenance because they dont regularly flush dns, reboot router, etc.
          I have had people cry about lag only to find out on further investigation they are streaming videos and downloading stuff at the same time..... so how it is R2s fault if someone is an idiot? I personally do NOT get lag, sorry but it it true... although many would like to say I am lying, I have no reason to, just stating facts. I run consec 3-4 toons without issue. The only time I lag at the moment is if I find myself in an MP with someone using that stupid DragonChant thing OR when someone if my house is downloading a patch to one of their games.
          I have a custom build gaming computer the specs are high - this game needs high spec to run it properly - THAT is the issue, sure it is probably flash causing the problems (side note what they going to do in 2020 when flash offers no more updates?), but my point is if your set up can not handle the poor coding and poor use of flash then either upgrade or quit... better yet quit moaning about lag when we ALL know the lazy cupcakes are NEVER going to do anything about it lol. Now obviously not everyone who is playing can afford a custom built system and yes, maybe the game needs to do something about their terrible coding etc which might help, but they wont because it will cost money and ultimately they are not going to spend when players keep spending.
          You say you feel it is pointed out well enough that its the game and not players... ok, if it is the game, then why dont I lag? Just asking, not trying to start an argument :-)
          Last edited by R263360269; 01-18-2018, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Someone needs to start running a book on how long the maintenance will actually take.

Shouldnt the maintenance have started?
            Last edited by R263360269; 01-18-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R263360269 View Post
              ok, if it is the game, then why dont I lag? Just asking, not trying to start an argument :-)
              If you ping http://wartune.r2games.com, what is the result? The most lag i experience is coming from latency, i have a ping of 129ms to the server. So, every action i do in the game takes 0.129 second before i see a result. Some actions require even more handlings to the server and since Wartune is singlethreaded it stacks up (wich can be seen when farming animals and crops).

One cannot escape from that kind of lag no matter if the PC was built by NASA or not.

Comment

If you ping http://wartune.r2games.com, what is the result? The most lag i experience is coming from latency, i have a ping of 129ms to the server. So, every action i do in the game takes 0.129 second before i see a result. Some actions require even more handlings to the server and since Wartune is singlethreaded it stacks up (wich can be seen when farming animals and crops).

One cannot escape from that kind of lag no matter if the PC was built by NASA or not.
                So then lag is subjective? If I dont find the 0.129 second delay an issue I dont have lag? Maybe I just been playing too long to even notice a 0.129 second delay? I certainly do not have anything I would class as "lag", before I got this comp now I was on an old crappy lappy and I would click to open inventory and watch the wartune bar load slowly through the W.....A.....R.....T.... etc, so in comparison I do NOT have lag any more LOL...?

Comment

The most lag i experience is coming from latency, i have a ping of 129ms to the server. So, every action i do in the game takes 0.129 second before i see a result. Some actions require even more handlings to the server and since Wartune is singlethreaded it stacks up (wich can be seen when farming animals and crops).
                  would be nice if it would be that easy....

ping is just the time the info needs from you to wartune server, thats it! not even close to "i see the result" .... wartune has to do something with the info you sent, has to communicate it to all, etc. lots of stuff happening before "you see it"

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	2 Size:	767.4 KB ID:	1944707

didn't realy fix the problem just changed the text to say its 80 balens

wats wrong the noob couldn't fix it typical devs robbing ppl

if it was incorrectly wrong text and always been 80 balens why for 1: before patch always was 17 balens and 2: I received a refund from devs for taking 80 balens

so this proves the devs didn't want to fix this just change text and rob balens from ppl

Comment

Looks like I am getting into the fray when it comes to lag and the debate of "old computers".

Listen, Cochise, when this game was first made, I was able to run 4 windows of such without any problem until patch 5.1. They didn't have the big font (I guess they are that flippin' blind to see) that would be visible from a 100 yards away with a rifle scope (makes for a great zeroing on my sight) attached; they didn't have the flashiness/swirlies (it was minimal back then) like we have now; and sure in the hell they don't have eleventy-billion analytic files that are bottle-necking from server side to player side (only one is needed and will do, kemosabes).

This is a flash game, not a client based program that you have to run in order to play; so system resources should be at a minimum. I've played a lot of flash games in the past to know of this; I also did a lot of testing in the hardware, software, and firmware levels throughout the life of me to know how to make a baseline in which to do my testing, and which was ideal to have when performing said tests.

Since 5.1, the game has went downhill. There are times I felt like I am connected to a dialup server of R2's instead of the "best". Now, unless you're close to <derogatory>-ville, you will have some form of lag in terms of connectivity, even if you have a NASA spec'd computer. Coupled with all that junk I have said, and you got a game that no one could play.

Xharry005x isn't that what the promoter/developer do these days instead of correctly fixing it, LOL. Only speed ups I do now (if and when I am able to play) are catacombs, purgatory, necropolis, and time vortex. The rest, I just leave it in and walk away.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Since the time passed between posts, I guess it would be fair to post yet again to the lag debate...

I've recently bought a new router to replace an aging one (was maintained with each week that saw its peak, so I put it to sleep for the moment might use it in a smaller network) that was about 8 years old. Gigabit speed throughout (both wireless and wired aspects). Did a speed test (lowest was 40+ MBPs, highest was 67 MBPs) with my internet provider at three different speed test sites. All was great. And yet, when I connect to this game with just one window (for the moment), I still get some points where it loads up (about 10-15 seconds) instead of feeling a cache was evident for a faster loading speed.

My conclusion, it's not my system or internet... it's the dial-up connection that is an R2 server that is a problem. I am not in China, as it seems like most lag happens in such a place from the outside. I go to other places and can stream movies/content without skipping a beat... or, maybe it's what I had been saying for the last year and a half: eleventy-billion sol files (er, analytic) that are coming from server side towards the player's computer in causing a bottleneck (you still only need one if you want to get somewhere!).
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                        X