No announcement yet.

No Wartune Maintenance for 02/07 and 02/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

server 20 needs a merge very bad.....pls do asap before everyone quits......

Comment

You idiots.. Seriously.. There's no other way to say it.. $5 says that the issue I ticketed before, ranted about in Forums, and was given two responses stating it would be "looked at" in which players could be plundered even though they have a City Protection in place, has neither been "looked at" nor fixed, and now there's no maintenance for two weeks? Not to mention other equally bad bugs/glitches/etc. which have been reported by numerous others which will continue to go un-fixed this whole time and break further, while other things break in the process as well.

Also, what the fresh *self-censored* is this **** with the new Guild Battle system? "Only 8 Guilds will be allowed to participate in Guild Battle now. With this new change, there will only be 3 rounds with the final round of the Guild Battle ending on Friday night." Are you kidding me? Could you possibly ruin the game experience any further? This is projected for 1.5, the Guild that I'm in on Server 1 has been very fortunate to have achieved 10th in Rank to allow us entry to Guild Battles each week, and we have so many under-leveled newcomer players who, like the rest of us, rely heavily on Guild Battles for Honor, Soul Crystals, and the rest. And what about the other 7 Guilds that will be cut loose and left hung out to dry? Not only on Server 1, but now every server's Guilds ranked 9-16 will be all but destroyed by this. There's even a new Guild on Server 1, Eternal, that was fortunate to reach the Top 16 by a hair's breadth, they've JUST begun to get used to how Guild Battles are supposed to work, and now you pull this and effectively ruin their chances of getting stronger. This type of thing FORCES Guilds to merge rather than growing individually stronger, promotes the anti-establishment of individual Guilds, severely limits weekly match-ups that were already slim pickings in themselves (and given just how stupid the NOT randomized matching systems are with Guild Battles AND Group Arenas, this makes it twice as stupid now), and just plain makes every aspect of the Guild Battles suck. They're now pointless, you either disband your Rank 9/lower Guild and merge into one of the Rank 1-8 Guilds just to have a chance (which with limitations of 50 players per Guild Battle means strong chances 4/5 of each Guild will never see play in Guild Battles, if not even fewer) to get what they can now. R2, do the smart thing and take the Guild Battle aspect out of 1.5, do not work on tweaking Guild Battles whatsoever, except of course to close the freaking Spawns so that opposing teams CANNOT enter them. That's all you need to do with Guild Battles, close Spawns to opposing teams, and nothing else. My Guild cannot move from 10th as it stands, and we cannot afford to lose out on Guild Battles as that is the only thing keeping us at 10th and giving us any aspirations to at least TRY and move further. Don't give me any **** about "Oh, we can't undo what we have planned..", bull, you very much have every bit of power required to omit all traces of your planned Guild Battle patch for 1.5 and instead replace it with "We will be putting measures in place in Guild Battles to ensure all Top 16 Guilds have safe Spawns and will have a fair chance each event.". Not only that, you can FIX YOUR RANDOMIZATION TO ACTUALLY MAKE IT RANDOM. This week, my Guild is going up against the exact same people as we did last week, exact same order as last week, and the same applied to roughly every other Guild as well. This is NOT random, this is the farthest thing from random in fact, it's the same thing as teams in Group Arena fighting the same opponents as many as five or six times in a row, no matter how long either side waits to start matching up. Seriously, here's a clue, I give it to you for free so that you can save the money you've been squeezing out of us all and use it to apply gameplay elements that everyone can agree is actually good. You know what's really bad? Everything else mentioned in the 1.5 Patch's planned updates ARE actually good, the part about the Guild Battles is the one straw that will inevitably break the camel's back, and if the game becomes a barren wasteland because of that one thing causing players to leave the game in droves, guess what R2? You have yourselves to blame for not listening to well-thought-out sage advice from myself and others.

Honestly, I could have easily come up with a game like this, and made it so insanely fun to play while reaping mad profits because my ideas are so good Id've avoided implementing anything R2 has thus far that has simply broken the game and made it un-fun for so many, Id've fixed things R2 has not and seems to even WANT not to fix, I'd just generally take this game that R2 has been steadily winding down into a lump of lead and weave it back into the Golden Fleece it was at the beginning, when greed and stupidity were not involved. R2 should be putting me on their payroll and using me to advise their staff on what is and is not a good idea for updates/events/etc. and to advise them on how to fix it to MAKE IT a good idea. Seriously folks, I worked for Square-Enix, I worked on an all-too-familiar MMO that had unfortunate notoriety for being plagued with terrible ideas that COULD have been better with very, very minimal tweaking, R2 should be paying serious attention to me because I said before ALL of their games will end up going the way of Final Fantasy XI otherwise. Nearly-impossible Bosses, losing EXP when dying, these were just two terrible ideas that game had, I offered better ideas that worked and would have made the game so much more fun, but they ignored me then and now XI is dead and XIV was so bad they've had to work feverishly to re-tool it for a complete reboot. R2, my ideas could have saved both of those games, but ignoring those ideas inevitably killed them. My ideas for Crystal Saga and Wartune have thus far gone largely ignored by you guys, you guys are not Square-Enix though and cannot fall back on Kingdom Hearts and other titles to retain yourselves should your current games die, people are already quitting en masse, if you want to stay afloat even a tiny bit longer and avoid a total crash-and-burn, I'd suggest you guys pay attention to what I have to say, I can save you and keep you and your games from a disgraceful exit from the competitive stage. But, that's only if you choose to listen for once and apply as I've suggested, it's up to you of course but at the current pace you're going you'll run blindfolded straight off the cliff ahead akin to Wil-E Coyote, "Super Genius" indeed.

End rant, now if you'll excuse me I have nit-picking and propper planning to do.
      "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
      Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
      Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
      Plane: Scion / N/A
      Level: 75 / 61
      Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
      Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

Comment

i have one question and it better be answered. Why in the next released patch are only the top 8 guilds allowed to do guild battle and why only 3 rounds. Doesn't that take away from the rest of the guilds who do it. also takes away opportunities for them to grow? Just my thought!!1 Kinda unfair and rather of fact kinda **! So please answer me this and have good reason behind it. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rin-Okumura-1 View Post
          i have one question and it better be answered. Why in the next released patch are only the top 8 guilds allowed to do guild battle and why only 3 rounds. Doesn't that take away from the rest of the guilds who do it. also takes away opportunities for them to grow? Just my thought!!1 Kinda unfair and rather of fact kinda **! So please answer me this and have good reason behind it. thank you!
          Well u see..in most servers the 8th-16th place guilds r dead, so when u fight them, they have no members who show up.

Comment

Originally posted by: R23209055
            Well u see..in most servers the 8th-16th place guilds r dead, so when u fight them, they have no members who show up.

Rin2:
            that still doesnt mean anything dead guild from 8th-16th will then be replace by active guild, so it will keep the balance!! Thus making a to of people miss out on the rewards!!! Making the game more unfair for low levels to catch up to higher ranked people on their server!!

PS. didn't see the reply with quote until after so i had to edit this sorry i dont come her often
            Last edited by Rin-Okumura-1; 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

In other words, to further Rin's point, those lower-level players will then be forced to either leave their Guilds to join into ones ranked 1-8, but as they are of such low levels they will never be allowed to participate in Guild Battles, thus it's as though they never left their old Guilds at all and they are stuck in a proverbial catch-22, or they are forced to pour every dime they can spare into R2's coffers to beef themselves up by virtue of Battle Rating and more, and boost their Guilds in a way they could not have before without such spending. Rin is right, if certain Guilds are dead or simply do not show up to or participate in Guild Battles, cut them loose from the Top 16 and make way for more active Guilds to take their place and become stronger. Cutting the roster in half, that is quite possibly the worst snafu anyone could make with a game since "Hey, here's an idea! Let's make people lose EXP when they die, that'll be fun right?".. I want whoever it was from R2 that suggested the idea of cutting Guild Battles like this to step forward, reply to this thread, and explain to everyone what was going through their head in the planning stages that led them to believe this would be a good idea to suggest, and I want whoever green-lit this idea to step forward and explain their thought process as well.

And also, I want both of the aforementioned people to answer me this: Why are you trying so hard to kill your own games and anger your players to the point of quitting and potentially even filing suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyric View Post
                In other words, to further Rin's point, those lower-level players will then be forced to either leave their Guilds to join into ones ranked 1-8, but as they are of such low levels they will never be allowed to participate in Guild Battles, thus it's as though they never left their old Guilds at all and they are stuck in a proverbial catch-22, or they are forced to pour every dime they can spare into R2's coffers to beef themselves up by virtue of Battle Rating and more, and boost their Guilds in a way they could not have before without such spending. Rin is right, if certain Guilds are dead or simply do not show up to or participate in Guild Battles, cut them loose from the Top 16 and make way for more active Guilds to take their place and become stronger. Cutting the roster in half, that is quite possibly the worst snafu anyone could make with a game since "Hey, here's an idea! Let's make people lose EXP when they die, that'll be fun right?".. I want whoever it was from R2 that suggested the idea of cutting Guild Battles like this to step forward, reply to this thread, and explain to everyone what was going through their head in the planning stages that led them to believe this would be a good idea to suggest, and I want whoever green-lit this idea to step forward and explain their thought process as well.

And also, I want both of the aforementioned people to answer me this: Why are you trying so hard to kill your own games and anger your players to the point of quitting and potentially even filing suit?

Agreed all this is doing making them lose money not gain, only way then can fix this is either by not implementing this idea or coming out with something new for the lower levels to gain insignias and honor equal to a Guild battle so there is a balance that lower level then are able to catch up.

Comment

You do know that R2 likely only localizes the patches and performs hotfixes, right?

Comment

I agree with the guild battle situation, having it cut really limits your players and doesn't really inspire those who wish to play, to try building their character up to become "the best". If anything it makes them give up and go play another game that is also free to play, but isn't limiting them in such a way. I've only been playing for a couple of months myself, but I know that since starting Guild Battles I've enjoyed the game much more than I used to. Now that my guild isn't in the top 8 however, I'll be missing a part of what I loved about this game. It doesn't inspire me to continue to play, it's inspiring me to go play DDO. I'm not saying that I'm giving up on Wartune, but I'll be very disappointed if this does go through. And I ask that you please reconsider this move.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      You do know that R2 likely only localizes the patches and performs hotfixes, right?
                      As has been argued many times by many others, R2 has the authority to include and omit content as they see fit. Thus I'm sorry but your argument is quite literally invalid.. This is not an isolated concept, this affects all players across all servers, localized or otherwise, it stands to alienate and drive off effectively 70% or greater of the player base, in short it just does not work. It's not sensible, it's not balanced, it does nothing good for anyone, including R2, to keep this portion of the patch included.

I'm still waiting for R2's response as well, and if they truly feel they have any face left to save, or even worth saving, they'll be prompt with their reply as I can be patient with anything else, but for over a year they've whittled my patience far into the negatives.

Comment

Guys who are talking about the guild battle changes. Make a new thread okay and stop spamming this one. This is about no maintenance for these two weeks. Why do people think they can post there rants in any thread they want to? Stop the spamming of the forums and make your own thread one time.

Comment

As has been argued many times by many others, R2 has the authority to include and omit content as they see fit. Thus I'm sorry but your argument is quite literally invalid.. This is not an isolated concept, this affects all players across all servers, localized or otherwise, it stands to alienate and drive off effectively 70% or greater of the player base, in short it just does not work. It's not sensible, it's not balanced, it does nothing good for anyone, including R2, to keep this portion of the patch included.

I'm still waiting for R2's response as well, and if they truly feel they have any face left to save, or even worth saving, they'll be prompt with their reply as I can be patient with anything else, but for over a year they've whittled my patience far into the negatives.
                          You're wrong. I'm speaking from experience. It's mostly localization, hotfixes, maintenance and billing. FWIW, R2 can make suggestions however.

In the end, the patch will go through as-is. Sorry to disappoint.

Comment

Thats why they continue to make so many server , players that cant get into a rank 1/8 guild wont quit the game they join the new server instead and most of the people who join a new server buy atleast 5$ for the starter pack. in the end more $$$ for R2, they are very smart

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                              You're wrong. I'm speaking from experience. It's mostly localization, hotfixes, maintenance and billing. FWIW, R2 can make suggestions however.

In the end, the patch will go through as-is. Sorry to disappoint.
                              Nope friend, you're wrong. Look up a post by one of the Forum's Moderators, who stated warnings and even bans would be handed out over rumors of potential content yet-unreleased. R2 has the power to include and omit as they please. In Crystal Saga, this was prevalent and very obvious. In the Wartune 1.4.5 patch, they removed the 40-49 and 50+ Battleground brackets that were released in the Asian version at around the same patch, some time before ours. And oh, let us not forget that on both games, they completely omitted any form of an "Auction House" function (the ********** NPC still existing as a useless glorified statue on Crystal Saga) because they themselves practically stated "We have more important content to release first.". Shall I continue? Because sorry to disappoint you, not only am I right given the examples I've listed, there are other content R2 both omitted and included in just about every game you claim they've only had the capacity to "localize and hotfix", etc.

R2 has the ability to omit the Guild Battle portion from 1.5, 'nuff said, and they should to ensure proper balance for all their players. You can continue to argue they don't have the power or authority to do so, but let's face it, R2 themselves killed that argument roughly one year ago, in the Billiard Room with the Rope that they not only hung said argument with, but also their players and through all of it their own profit bottom-line. And if they don't omit the Guild Battle update from the 1.5 patch, they'll pull that rope even tighter and higher on themselves as, like I've said before, they'll kill yet another of their games to the point not even tumbleweeds would remain.

Still waiting for the people responsible for this mess to step forward and explain themselves, by the way.

Comment

Nope friend, you're wrong. Look up a post by one of the Forum's Moderators, who stated warnings and even bans would be handed out over rumors of potential content yet-unreleased. R2 has the power to include and omit as they please. In Crystal Saga, this was prevalent and very obvious. In the Wartune 1.4.5 patch, they removed the 40-49 and 50+ Battleground brackets that were released in the Asian version at around the same patch, some time before ours. And oh, let us not forget that on both games, they completely omitted any form of an "Auction House" function (the ********** NPC still existing as a useless glorified statue on Crystal Saga) because they themselves practically stated "We have more important content to release first.". Shall I continue? Because sorry to disappoint you, not only am I right given the examples I've listed, there are other content R2 both omitted and included in just about every game you claim they've only had the capacity to "localize and hotfix", etc.

R2 has the ability to omit the Guild Battle portion from 1.5, 'nuff said, and they should to ensure proper balance for all their players. You can continue to argue they don't have the power or authority to do so, but let's face it, R2 themselves killed that argument roughly one year ago, in the Billiard Room with the Rope that they not only hung said argument with, but also their players and through all of it their own profit bottom-line. And if they don't omit the Guild Battle update from the 1.5 patch, they'll pull that rope even tighter and higher on themselves as, like I've said before, they'll kill yet another of their games to the point not even tumbleweeds would remain.

Still waiting for the people responsible for this mess to step forward and explain themselves, by the way.
                                Are you joking?

Forum mods that ban over posts divulging unreleased content has *nothing* to do with R2's ability to modify the game. These are two different situations.

Again, Crystal Saga has nothing to do with Wartune. Again, the "Auction House" function was removed in *all* versions of Wartune.

Shall you continue? Please do.

Denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X