Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

UPDATE!! New Instructions for Gamerocks Players!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balenorzm View Post
    Does someone knows how log this is going to take? Should I quit the game? Or someone is finally going to fix this mess?
    if you follow exact the way they said to do then there is no mess
    Theonlyghost
    Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
    Server : S122 US-East
    Guild : Fenix
    Class : Mage
    IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

I followed the steps in the right way. Then I sent the ticket with the info, I had to the that three times to get an answer, once the account was found I had to send another ticked asking to rebind the account and no one is able to answer or tell me what's is going on. That for you was easy does not mean someone else didn't had a problem.

Comment

I followed the steps in the right way. Then I sent the ticket with the info, I had to the that three times to get an answer, once the account was found I had to send another ticked asking to rebind the account and no one is able to answer or tell me what's is going on. That for you was easy does not mean someone else didn't had a problem.
        was not easy for me cause my net was bad with binding how ever as far you can read over all boards and what is every posted they are working on it memorylane2 even put a new updated way for gamerocks players for help and to file ticket ...... basically they do what they can do not forget its chinese festivities as well for there 70 year of republic till 7th

Alteast they found your toon, its weekend now as well so worsed case you gonna gotta wait till monday before you hear anything
        Theonlyghost
        Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
        Server : S122 US-East
        Guild : Fenix
        Class : Mage
        IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

So, you are telling me there is no one there is able to do this because everybody is in holiday? I can understand a big part of the staff in on vacation but is a international company, there has to be someone there. In fact, with only two or three people in charge this should be way faster than it is. Please, note that I'm not saying they are not doing anything, I just think this is taking a really long time.

Why the people in charge of tickets didn't say they need to wait until monday? Why another member of my guild got his account back the next day and I'm still here after a week? Did he got a lucky number?

Simply, once you ask a few times, no one else gives you an answer. I always believe in honestly and if you can't do it right now, is ok, but at least, let me know when you are going to be able to do it and don't just give me a generic answer or don't answer me.
          Last edited by balenorzm; 10-04-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

So, you are telling me there is no one there is able to do this because everybody is in holiday? I can understand a big part of the staff in on vacation but is a international company, there has to be someone there. In fact, with only two or three people in charge this should be way faster than it is. Please, note that I'm not saying they are not doing anything, I just think this is taking a really long time.

Why the people in charge of tickets didn't say they need to wait until monday? Why another member of my guild got his account back the next day and I'm still here after a week? Did he got a lucky number?

Simply, once you ask a few times, no one else gives you an answer. I always believe in honestly and if you can't do it right now, is ok, but at least, let me know when you are going to be able to do it and don't just give me a generic answer or don't answer me.
            Its large Chinese holiday, they have bare skeleton crew in the officer during festivities who arent there to "fix things" so to speak, even if that sounds bit bad. They are staffed in manner just to keep servers running w/o major hiccups, they dont have manpower for more than that atm. Now, if I am now completely off, R2 games is just a publisher and generally they dont have any devs of theirs. Any and all developer required things go trough Chinese devs. Its not ideal setup for western audience but it seems to be the case with Chinese games. Take this with grain of salt, I actually am not completely sure of how wartune and R2 games and 7road are handling the matter, just seems to be general rule of thumb with Chinese games that western company doesnt have devs and even if they had and knew what they are doing, they wouldnt be allowed to do anything according to contract.

Comment

Originally posted by shami91 View Post

Its large Chinese holiday, they have bare skeleton crew in the officer during festivities who arent there to "fix things" so to speak, even if that sounds bit bad. They are staffed in manner just to keep servers running w/o major hiccups, they dont have manpower for more than that atm. Now, if I am now completely off, R2 games is just a publisher and generally they dont have any devs of theirs. Any and all developer required things go trough Chinese devs. Its not ideal setup for western audience but it seems to be the case with Chinese games. Take this with grain of salt, I actually am not completely sure of how wartune and R2 games and 7road are handling the matter, just seems to be general rule of thumb with Chinese games that western company doesnt have devs and even if they had and knew what they are doing, they wouldnt be allowed to do anything according to contract.
              Again, I have nothing against festivities and of course, they deserve some time off from work. I understand the vacation and that is all week and everything but there is a few things I still can't understand.

First: Is the company closed for this festivities? If that's the case, I can understand but there should be an announcement or something about it, right? Not just a comment, there should be an official announcement so people don't go crazy and everybody can read it. Especially when they went into vacation right after a transfer. A transfer on this game always and I mean always, will have a problem.

Second: If the company somewhat has three people in the developing department, this matter should be their priority. One to categorize tickets, one to look for the lost toons and one to unbind and bind the characters. With the ID Number (thank god memorylane post this to try and make this faster) that should not take more than maybe 10 or 15 min per toon, maybe less.

Third: I have to change one thing, my friend, the other guild member that got the account back, didn't got his, they send it a made up mail and password for him so he could log into the game until they could do a rebind. Why don't get all the tickets with lost toons and do the same?

Of course I know R2 can do little or nothing on this matters because they publish the game but how an international company doesn't make an official announcement about not being able to take care of this matter until next week? Why the generic answer? Do you realize that when people say "we forwarded the your request" or something like that, they are not letting people know they just don't have an answer? I needed an R2 Mentor in order to find a toon because no one could tell me anything and that was after going back and forth for 6 days.

Bottom line, I can't do anything but wait but I really can't believe that an international company only sees their calendar and don't think on how that calendar affects the rest of the countries where they have business, if you can't, you can't and I agree with them enjoying their festivities but at least, be clear about the matter.

Comment

Again, I have nothing against festivities and of course, they deserve some time off from work. I understand the vacation and that is all week and everything but there is a few things I still can't understand.

First: Is the company closed for this festivities? If that's the case, I can understand but there should be an announcement or something about it, right? Not just a comment, there should be an official announcement so people don't go crazy and everybody can read it. Especially when they went into vacation right after a transfer. A transfer on this game always and I mean always, will have a problem.

Second: If the company somewhat has three people in the developing department, this matter should be their priority. One to categorize tickets, one to look for the lost toons and one to unbind and bind the characters. With the ID Number (thank god memorylane post this to try and make this faster) that should not take more than maybe 10 or 15 min per toon, maybe less.

Third: I have to change one thing, my friend, the other guild member that got the account back, didn't got his, they send it a made up mail and password for him so he could log into the game until they could do a rebind. Why don't get all the tickets with lost toons and do the same?

Of course I know R2 can do little or nothing on this matters because they publish the game but how an international company doesn't make an official announcement about not being able to take care of this matter until next week? Why the generic answer? Do you realize that when people say "we forwarded the your request" or something like that, they are not letting people know they just don't have an answer? I needed an R2 Mentor in order to find a toon because no one could tell me anything and that was after going back and forth for 6 days.

Bottom line, I can't do anything but wait but I really can't believe that an international company only sees their calendar and don't think on how that calendar affects the rest of the countries where they have business, if you can't, you can't and I agree with them enjoying their festivities but at least, be clear about the matter.
                Timing was idiotic, I can agree with that. I dont know how late gamerocks was with their payments or whatever but giving them another week or two to not deal with this during the holidays might of made sense. Then again this was prolly rushed because of the holidays - They thought they could it done before and didnt want to wait to be "forced to" act during holidays. For all we know gamerocks wasnt cooperative at all and as such you wouldnt want to do business with them at all.

I would honestly be surprised if there was 3 ppl working on wartune during holidays, let alone that for the western version needs. Most likely 1 or 2 engineers who can fix things if servers catch fire and thats bout it. Just look at western companies during big holidays like july 4th or xmas and think how likely company is willing to pay extra for working during those days on ppl unless they absolutely need to. Like obviously necessities of community are staffed properly but video game hardly counts as such.

Third point is lack of manpower I touched earlier on. Hanlons razor - "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.". Not sure stupidity is right word for it, lack of manpower is result of timing, which could be stupidity on managements part but like I said for all we know gamerocks left them with no options.

Chinese companies arent imo that good on pr. And while western audience might appreciate "we cant help you right now but we`ll get back to you when we can", that might be a hard thing for eastern company to admit publicly. And frankly, what good would do? It might calm some ppl, it might annoy others but none of it would make you get your toons available any faster.

The bigger problem is the fact we dont have any western devs that I am aware of. Chinese want to hold all the strings themselves, even if it doesnt always make sense. This is more of a experience from dealing with Chinese games in the past, not as much with wartune as frankly I havent really delved into it much here, but I think the best guess was they dont want Chinese players to play outside of Chinese servers, which is why they want to keep their publishers in line w/o changes. And if they cant make changes, they dont need devs. Another game made some specified content for western audience and it was ultimately a disaster, every major patch they would have to go back and patch things again cause they forgot something due specified content western version had, which "clashed" with the patch. So I can understand wanting to keep the versions the same with just translations as specialized content will end up clashing with original version sooner or later.

But ultimately because all the ppl who could do things you ask are in China, we have to deal with their holidays. I am not saying its ideal, its just how I feel it is, I could obviously be wrong on some of the points I bring up. One point I should also point is, work force in China costs a lot less than it does on west, not to mention other conflicts multi location dev team would cause. It makes sense just to have devs in China and have them handle things but this results in issues in the western market because we dont share all the important holidays.

Ps. It might seem like I am defending them, I`m not, this situation should of been handled better. All I am doing is trying to bring some points why things, in my eyes, are as they are.

Comment

With my guild BR down about 45% now with people unable to log in for 7+ days with this mess, with the GM of another major guild on my server unable to log in and get any of his 200 or so members any events, with this forum even broken so it's hard to get some things to post or to post PM's to people, with binding failing to address issues for many who try to get help, with too many not technically sophisticated enough to even reach out effectively to get to a point where we know help might be possible, with us supposedly more than a day into the point where the Chinese holiday is over and things are supposed to be getting addressed....

Why do we not yet have any robust statement in here from the companies in charge?
                  Why do we not yet have a projected list of items to fix?
                  Why do we not have some rough estimate of when they hope this will be fixed?
                  Why do we not have an official statement of apology, preferably accompanied by some idea of game compensation for what seems to be the majority of players playing being impacted?
                  Why are players expected to "understand" and be patient when continuous mistreatment in Support tickets has too long been the rule?
                  Why does R2Games, 7Road, GameRocks, or any of the ownership involved here, believe they deserve spend on a product with such horrifically bad service as seen here, not for the first time?

Having said that....

I still want to thank all kinds of help from volunteers, like MemoryLane and his staff, the R2Mentors, the R2Professors, and just generally wonderful people of good will whom we all meet when playing a game like this...which is really why we want to stay, want to see something work, want it all to succeed. If the gamerunners don't do their efforts justice, it's just criminal.

Comment

well their pr do stink (wartune maintenance 8th October and no announcement in forums maybe the 3 skeleton staff ave day off today and just the broom cupboard caretaker is turned the wrong switch off )

all go on hols during a major gamerocks transfer ( isn't gamerocks same company in china based in same building as 7 roads hahaha)

they soon moan if all westerners didn't recharge during dec cuz its a major holiday called xmas hahahaha and we spend out cash on family and friends during this period hahaha so theirs my PR to the devs
                    Last edited by evilharry666; 10-08-2019, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Well, waiting for a week for vacation, ok, understanble. Now waiting because of what?

The best part of it is that you send a ticket and you ask for news and they have no news. Are developers unable to do a simply binding? I contacted with everyone, 7road, R2, everyone, no one gives me an answer.

The excuse are the developers but if that's the problem, well, put the transfer page back on and we will do it over again. Don't give excuses, a binding don't take more than 10 min if you want to double check.

Comment

Well, waiting for a week for vacation, ok, understanble. Now waiting because of what?....
                        Just in the last hour had a player get a personal message with a new password and got an account restored.

So, first guess, the idea of them creating duplicate accounts...not impossible...but, whatever it was, essentially corrupted the login password (maybe a password server lost some sectors and didn't have backup?)...and someone is at least trying manually to restore order.

Do they need to do this for ALL impacted accounts? They probably know more right now. Like you, I haven't seen more info.
                        IF they need to do this for ALL impacted accounts, how many are there across all servers? I have to think it's well over 1000 just based on how many locked out on my own, and there were 268 GameRocks servers when this happened (even if many are merged).
                        If there's a way to automate it all and just fix everyone at once, they haven't done it yet with any known success.

Let's all hope whatever goes on it will be repaired soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post

Just in the last hour had a player get a personal message with a new password and got an account restored.

So, first guess, the idea of them creating duplicate accounts...not impossible...but, whatever it was, essentially corrupted the login password (maybe a password server lost some sectors and didn't have backup?)...and someone is at least trying manually to restore order.

Do they need to do this for ALL impacted accounts? They probably know more right now. Like you, I haven't seen more info.
                          IF they need to do this for ALL impacted accounts, how many are there across all servers? I have to think it's well over 1000 just based on how many locked out on my own, and there were 268 GameRocks servers when this happened (even if many are merged).
                          If there's a way to automate it all and just fix everyone at once, they haven't done it yet with any known success.

Let's all hope whatever goes on it will be repaired soon.
                          Centaur do you mind me asking your server? That player was from the same server?

Comment

Centaur do you mind me asking your server? That player was from the same server?
                            I'm on the Server 14 cluster in Wartune Gamerocks.
                            My original home server is S36, and I think this player was either S14, S36, or S43...again, all in that merged S14 cluster.

It's also true we still have the GM of the largest guild locked out, and nobody in his guild is getting daily or monthly events, so it's not like I'm saying everything is fixed yet.

Comment

do the elfs have any idea what they are doing all I get is how to binding instructions, and it doesn't work. why can't they just bind our toons to our accts , and allow everyone to log in instead of trying to use there broken steps which are worthless

Comment

Hearing they're now telling people to log in via FaceBook.

I'm simply lucky this isn't my account we're talking about, because I don't have a FaceBook account and never will.

If that's their last resort, I'd be gone.

We're well over a week into this, and they need to take responsibility for all they've messed up. If that means manually reinstating accounts, or writing a script to contact everyone who went silent in the last 7-21 days to make sure they can get in, or running a script to see which accounts have no legitimate password in place and re-installing most recent passwords from their backups, then they need at least to start there.

If I can figure out some of those things without even working in their Compute Resources group, they should be able to do more.
                                Why do we still have entire guilds unable to get daily events, and missing monthly events? The excuse seems to be they got a week of vacation while others were expected to come here and pay to play, and the fact their actions had consequences for which they are to blame and must be responsible doesn't seem to have gotten through there yet.

They'll probably make a fortune after this writing the book on how to mess things up and how to try to get away with it.
                                I won't spend on that, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X