So does this game simply die by July?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does this game simply die by July?

We're seeing more lvl 80 players every day. Eventually, we'll have an obnoxious number of players all at lvl 80 with maxed holy gear, all lvl 5 sailors etc.
    My question is, what then?
    R2 would have to add more islands, new gear beyond holy, and/or new areas (and that means something far more than the so far dissapointment that is the "New World")
    Option two is play it like a ponzy scheme. Do nothing, and wait for new players to stop spending real world $ for gems until it's simply no longer economically viable and close it down.
    Option three is....?

Either way, what will this look like by July if nothing changes?

I had been pondering the same myself. Thanks for your post, I will poke someone now
    Forum rules here : Terms of Service here : Screenshot Guide here : Video Capture Guide here (PC)

Game Moderators and Mentors are needed. Please refer to News section for more details on how to apply
    Forum Moderators are also in short supply. Think you have what it takes?

Comment

I also have been wondering about that, and even suggested several stuff, at Suggestion posts. However, this forum is basicaly dead. In a world of thousand PE players, only 10s visit the forum, and little attention seams to be given to player's complains or suggestions.

Suggestions:
      Increase max lvl to 90
      Increase map stages
      Add new ships/skins (there are stats that are lacking ship+skin bonus, so it is a good chance to add them)
      Add new pirates (sick of the same old pirates)
      Solve raiding system for once...I've been in the same place for weeks now, and instead of having more opponents available (as more players will be reaching this place as the time goes by), I have more and more merchant ships. It is unreasonable!
      And please, SOLVE the SPD issue!!

Also, New world is not that great, imo...it is nice to get some gems but meh..

Also, I am still waiting for the gold issues to be solved. You have halved the gold rewards from travel map telling us that we would have other ways to get gold...I hope that you were not talking about new World..as only stupid ppl will go for gold there! There is a lack of gold

Also, give rewards to players that visit the forums!! :P
      Last edited by rubens1887; 03-03-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

You will be happy to know the devs do have future plans on expanding the game. Keep an eye out for future updates

I have also forwarded your post rubens
        Forum rules here : Terms of Service here : Screenshot Guide here : Video Capture Guide here (PC)

Game Moderators and Mentors are needed. Please refer to News section for more details on how to apply

Comment

Thanks Whakapono keep up the great job!

Comment

I don’t think the game will die by July but the player base may be significantly reduced by then, people get bored or a change in circumstances make them quit & you need new players to fill the void – this is where I feel the game needs work as there is almost nothing of a competitive nature for the lower level/weaker players.

New players thrown into an existing server will very quickly realise that they are not able to compete in colony wars or the war room which basically removes the pvp from the game & just leaves the grind – most will quit at this point. I have mentioned this in a previous post & believe that both game modes need to be expanded greatly to allow more players to get involved.

Colony wars – more colonies are needed either by adding more locations or increasing the number of colonies at each location, this allows more players to participate & will promote competition at lower levels.
            War room – could something similar to the weekly wars be implemented for lower level players or split up so there are multiple wars going on for different lvl characters (1-30, 31-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80).

I also feel that R2 have missed a trick with the New World, if all players had started off even with a basic set of stats then the new world would have been very competitive & given players of all levels a chance.

As for those of us who have been playing the game for a while I would like to see more sailors & skills added to the game. Skills are great fun to mess around with to try to compliment your stats, more sailors would allow us to play around with our stats a bit more.

The recent updates have gone a long way to improving the game so keep up the good work.
            Cpt Caveman
            Straw Hat GF
            S4 - Skull Island

Comment

I also believe that raiding system mechanics needs to change.

I am getting fed up of encountering the same old faces. It seems that on my range (2000-2400) only about 30 players exists...and honestly I believe that I am not the only one feeling this way. The other day I received an igm, with an angry player asking me if he was the only one that kept appearing at my screen. YES! It is frustrating, I have felt this "abuse" over and over again, and still keep feeling it.

Atm, I have only about 4-6 players that I keep farming (as I know that most times I will get a victory), and I am being farmed by about 3-4 different players. I hardly believe that we are getting access to all players of all servers with this raiding system, and the "oh, but the other players have shields" answer, I am not buying it =/ If that were true, I would not always see the same faces all the time!

Just saying, for me, raiding system is one of the most important aspects of the game (more competitive), and this "broken" system is just drifting me away from PE..suggestion: open a poll at the forums to understand how players feel about the system.

Comment

Upgrade gear failed 4 times in a row, with a 54% CHANCE OF SUCCESS!!! 4m gold wasted.

It is stuff like this that ruins the game! How is this even possible, to constantly happen?! This is .48x.48x.48x.48= 0.05 - 5% ODDS for this to happen!!!

YOUR lies are ruining this game! Just tell the real % ok?
                Last edited by rubens1887; 03-09-2016, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I will tell you why this game will eventually die, and it will not take too long!

Gear: the upgrade % are a lye. No one believes in them
                  Fishing: no one understands the mechanics. there are fishes that are indestructible for the sake of protecting the rest (just to waste nets)
                  Raiding: overflow of merchant ships
                  New world: ? (really..I meant "?" cause it kinda sucks)
                  Sailor token drops: they are reaaaaaaly low, and the 100s are also a lye. I dare anyone to say that they have found it
                  Event rewards: constantly being nerfed
                  Speed stat: not working, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!!
                  Elite travel prime drops: the rate of a holy prime drop is incredibly low! I have fought about 50 times, and only 1 drop!

It is stuff like this that will eventually annoy players to a point that they will just stop playing this game, as they CANNOT believe in your game! Your % are all messed up, on purpose!

So, basically, you are wasting time on developing new (and bad) stuff, like new world, instead of solving you current issues.

Comment

It is impossible to not be mad at you. I really try my hardest you know? I keep repeating to myself "ok, today you will not be upset by the screwed up % in game"..but..it is close to impossible

Comment

I know you've posted this already (in suggestions maybe?), but have forwarded again. They haven't given me any word on when the next update will come, so we need to keep an eye out for it. However I'm sure a lot of us can't wait to see what they have in store for us

Comment

Hey Rubens, a number of people in my guild have had the 100 token drop, some even got 200 during the doubling event. I've never been lucky myself though.

Gear, i have to agree with you there. I'm glad I've not kept a record of how much gold I've wasted, it would make me sad...

Comment

Ok, finally got a 100 token drop. After more than 6 months, but got one they are real lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	t1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1724566

Comment

Working...
                          X