R2Client - Terrible Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Client - Terrible Performance

I've been looking forward to rerolling a new character in LoA 2 and starting on the upcoming GMT server - this time under the banner of R2Games rather than GTA, given some questionable experiences with the latter. And since I'm not a fan of playing in the browsers (be it Chrome or Firefox, I seem to always be plagued by hardware acceleration issues) and value proper game clients above all, I figured I should take R2Client for a spin. So I have. And boy, is it terrible.

The client feels heavy, clunky, and overall an even sluggier version of browser gaming. It's probably because of the way it's made, being website-based. If you compare that to the amazingly smooth experience of the LoA Micro-Browser (I'm aware that the more modern GTA client is plagued by a host of issues, so I made sure to avoid that) from GTA that I've been using so far, it's night and day. That micro browser client is so light and quick, I wish R2 had something similar to offer for specific games. But as far as I can tell, it doesn't.

And that's a real shame, because not having a decent performance client is a deal-breaker for me (I've tried the standard cache clearing and usual troubleshooting steps). Things are not only just slow, but they also take ages to load when compared to the browser version. I've been waiting an entire month for a new R2 server for LoA 2, so imagine my disappointment upon learning this. Makes me regret passing on the few GTA servers that came to life in the meantime. Too bad, I really liked everything else I was seeing around these parts otherwise.
Working...
X