X-Server War "Matching"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Server War "Matching"

Is there an actual matching algorithm for X-Server war? I find it quite frustrating to have spent real money upgrading my character so I could compete in X-Server War only to now be forced to play against others with a BR that is 1 to 2 magnitudes above mine. This usually results in the cycle of die-respawn-die-respawn-... Is that intended to force me to spend much more money and time upgrading? 100's of $ and months of playing. This is not acceptable to me and will result in my complete withdrawal from the game. And it seems that the matching is so bad that there is always a few unbeatable characters, many times on the same team. I would think no one should be placed on a team that can not be killed in 3 or 4 attacks of the higher BR players.

Obviously the game's structure means mega-cashers will always trump those of us with a moderate budget, but can we not have one area with a little more balance?

Originally posted by gw View Post
    Is there an actual matching algorithm for X-Server war? I find it quite frustrating to have spent real money upgrading my character so I could compete in X-Server War only to now be forced to play against others with a BR that is 1 to 2 magnitudes above mine. This usually results in the cycle of die-respawn-die-respawn-... Is that intended to force me to spend much more money and time upgrading? 100's of $ and months of playing. This is not acceptable to me and will result in my complete withdrawal from the game. And it seems that the matching is so bad that there is always a few unbeatable characters, many times on the same team. I would think no one should be placed on a team that can not be killed in 3 or 4 attacks of the higher BR players.

Obviously the game's structure means mega-cashers will always trump those of us with a moderate budget, but can we not have one area with a little more balance?
    In X-server war matching are done not base on BR but on players level bracket and the server cluster you belong. True its frustrating that there are times that we are match up with higher BR than us but there are times too that we are team up with them.

Comment

Thanks for commenting GM Demi. I do appreciate that the teams should work and have some balance over time. I do not have an issue with teams as such. It is the personal score that takes a drastic hit. Having spent money to get my character to the upper 10% I was then tossed into the bottom 5%. I went from getting decent Honor scores to getting almost no Honor score.

If you can see the image below, it depicts what happens all too often: 1 kill, 1 assist, 0 mining, and Honor 53. Sometimes it is better, sometimes worse, usually no kills.

Anyway, I do not expect any change to occur; it is what it is. The decision to play or not just tilts towards Not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOA2_Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	806.3 KB
ID:	1943569

Comment

Originally posted by gw View Post
        Thanks for commenting GM Demi. I do appreciate that the teams should work and have some balance over time. I do not have an issue with teams as such. It is the personal score that takes a drastic hit. Having spent money to get my character to the upper 10% I was then tossed into the bottom 5%. I went from getting decent Honor scores to getting almost no Honor score.

If you can see the image below, it depicts what happens all too often: 1 kill, 1 assist, 0 mining, and Honor 53. Sometimes it is better, sometimes worse, usually no kills.

Anyway, I do not expect any change to occur; it is what it is. The decision to play or not just tilts towards Not.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":1943569**[/ATTACH]
        I understand what you mean as I played the game too and encounter such matches as well. One suggestion I can give to you seeing that you are running little helper if you see that you can't mine and often killed by an opponent in that location try to change the location where your mining. You can click that Little Helper icon and it will show the little helper interface then from there you can click xserver and the xserver battle option and u can change mine location.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xserver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1943615

Comment

Working...
        X