Leveling Beyond 21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling Beyond 21

There seems to be some confusion about the leveling wall that pops up around level 21. Prior to that, if you just follow the story line you can pretty much just keep leveling. Once you hit 21 the story line does not provide enough xp to continue this. In order to keep leveling you will need to do the side quests, fight in the arena, do the memoirs (re-running of previous story line quests), do dungeons, etc.

Unless you have crazy deep pockets you are going to be capped on how much you can level per day, but let me share a little wisdom (well self proclaimed wisdom) that may help.

DO NOT CHASE THE TOP PLAYERS

That's a key. Play for fun. Yes, the very tip top players will probably out-spend you, but if your focus is fun and not being #1 you'll do much better. The majority of players will be in the same boat. Yes, there will be a few badasses who can wipe you out as soon as blink at you, but that's ok. You'll get more playing for the long haul than trying to keep up with #1.

One other piece of wisdom(?)

DO NOT VILLIFY THE TOP SPENDERS

games are not free, they cost money to develop and run and the people who spend make the games possible so while they may have an advantage, there would be no game without them so it's ok to see them as the bad guy, but paying players ensure the game is there to enjoy.

Have fun and I hope this helps!

Bounty don't give much experience at all and there aren't that many side quests by the way.
    CS I - (S103)Lugh
    CS II - (S10)Lugh

Comment

Bounty gives quite a bit actually if you do them all, they give 150 or more each and you can do something like 30 day (not to mention all the good stuff you get with it). I realize in the grand scheme of things 5,000 xp isn't a ton but over a month that's 150k. Plus there's dungeons and such. I think the problem is going to be for people who are in a hurry to max level 48 hours after the server is up.

There's still plenty to do. You can help guildies even if you don't get rewards, there's the battlegrounds.

I guess it comes down to play style. Personally I like games that take a longer time to level even if you grind. I like when a new piece of gear matters and I'm not going to outlevel it in an hour. Some people want/need faster leveling.

Keep in mind that was alpha and the point is to find out what works so make sure to be heard. Beta is coming and even then there is a chance for major change so share that feedback!

Comment

That's still not much. So I never do bounties. What I did was I did memoirs and hope to dear god I don't run out of keys. That's how I made it to level 28 before alpha closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6zXZzxnSno&t=10s
        CS I - (S103)Lugh
        CS II - (S10)Lugh

Comment

Cool video. If that violates any NDA edit out your link... it might not but I wasn't looking to get you in trouble.

I only played 4 days and got to 33, but 28 or 33 seems like a lot of progress. It does add up though!

Comment

This was a nice little guide for people that may not have played in the alpha or people that might have had problems during it when leveling. Hope we can keep this post open and elaborate on it when the official server launches to go more in depth.

Comment

Originally posted by LighTree View Post
              Bounty don't give much experience at all and there aren't that many side quests by the way.
              Bounties actually do give quite a bit of exp if you do them all.. but you'd literally have to hate yourself to do the 37 of them required to get the 12100 exp.
              Whoever designed this bounty system must really not like their playerbase. It's the worst thing I've ever seen. Absolute cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by kysplz View Post

Bounties actually do give quite a bit of exp if you do them all.. but you'd literally have to hate yourself to do the 37 of them required to get the 12100 exp.
                Whoever designed this bounty system must really not like their playerbase. It's the worst thing I've ever seen. Absolute cancer.
                I haven't succumbed to self-loathing yet

Comment

Originally posted by aliantha.angel View Post
                  There seems to be some confusion about the leveling wall that pops up around level 21. Prior to that, if you just follow the story line you can pretty much just keep leveling. Once you hit 21 the story line does not provide enough xp to continue this. In order to keep leveling you will need to do the side quests, fight in the arena, do the memoirs (re-running of previous story line quests), do dungeons, etc.

Unless you have crazy deep pockets you are going to be capped on how much you can level per day, but let me share a little wisdom (well self proclaimed wisdom) that may help.

DO NOT CHASE THE TOP PLAYERS

That's a key. Play for fun. Yes, the very tip top players will probably out-spend you, but if your focus is fun and not being #1 you'll do much better. The majority of players will be in the same boat. Yes, there will be a few badasses who can wipe you out as soon as blink at you, but that's ok. You'll get more playing for the long haul than trying to keep up with #1.

One other piece of wisdom(?)

DO NOT VILLIFY THE TOP SPENDERS

games are not free, they cost money to develop and run and the people who spend make the games possible so while they may have an advantage, there would be no game without them so it's ok to see them as the bad guy, but paying players ensure the game is there to enjoy.

Have fun and I hope this helps!
                  And with that last part you're not entirely right. Yes, games cost money, but that those who actually spend make it possible for others is utterly rubbish. Most browsergames are pay 2 win and mythic glory isn't any different on that. Officially it's a free to play game, but with things like a vip program and such those who do that get a big advantage. That is just not ok. Also, browsergames ain't the same like full MMO games, where you need a client to run it. Those are far more advanced, use engines like unreal or cryengine and have alot of players. Think of games like World of Warcraft, Aion, TERA, Black Desert, Devilian, Smite, Ashes of Creation The Elder Scrolls Online, The Secret World (now renamed to secret world legends), to name a few.
                  Some of them either use subscription (WoW) or one time payment aka buy to play (Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online) while others are free to play, but use microtransactions such as shops (aion, tera, devilian) Those games have no vip program or such and you aren't capped. Browsergames or flashgames are simple games with simple mechanics. Here you don't use your keyboard to move, only for using shortcuts. That's allright, as there are people who just want something simple. However, there are things built in and some things are capped. That is with a purpose. Not that some people pay so that others can play. No, the purpose is to make profit, nothing more and nothing less. It's not Robin Hood here. The goal is that everyone use that fine recharge button over and over and get a vip program too. At companies such as R2 you simply know it's p2w. It's their business. And if a browsergame dies the other is around the corner.
                  But get rid of that view that some pay for others, cause that's just a fairytail.
                  As for the rest; yeah, just enjoy the game. But if people want to spend let them and then not only the so called top players. If someone wants to chase them, let it be.
                  I've spend money myself into league of angels. Was i a top player? nope. But i didn't chase those. Just got the vip program for convenience. I didn't spend mass amounts of money, just now and then. Same with Wartune.

Comment

Working...
                  X