Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on the new Forum update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion on the new Forum update?

Hi everyone Edot here just like to get your opinion on whether the upgrade to the new forum is suitable to your needs when browsing through the forums.
    I like the new Forum
    36.36%
    I don't like the new Forum
    36.36%
    I'm unsure
    27.27%
    R2 member since 2012

Currently on Heroes Evolved Forums

Just an FYI, as we mentioned in the announcement, there will be changes made as we go along. Things such as the color scheme and some features will be changed to better suit our needs, and the cases of white-on-white sorted out.

Please be patient, it's new to all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane2 View Post
      Just an FYI, as we mentioned in the announcement, there will be changes made as we go along. Things such as the color scheme and some features will be changed to better suit our needs, and the cases of white-on-white sorted out.

Please be patient, it's new to all of us.
      I understand the updated forum just came back a while gather just gathering data on what the audience think hopefully in the coming weeks/months the forum will be great.
      R2 member since 2012

Comment

Didn't realize I was on the super power account. I was saying, there are issues now, and I don't expect many people to be thrilled with it as it is now, but once it's done, it should be so much better than the outdated board we had before. So, if you don't like it now, give it time, and then decide if you like it or not.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I think I like the new forum interface. It looks simple for me. New emoji too.
          Nothing to do much here.

Comment

I like the new look
            Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

Comment

MemoryLane

Got a few things I like to ask;

1) Will users be able to make their blogs or will it only be available to staff members only?
              2) The (Who's Online/Member List) feature will it become available to all users or staff only?
              3) With reputation gone how will users gain bars other than have their reputation rigged by you?
              4) Any plans to introduce new titles to the forum so having something higher than knight of knowledge and further?

Will add more to this soon after I play around the forums a bit more.
              R2 member since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Edotensai View Post
                MemoryLane

Got a few things I like to ask;

1) Will users be able to make their blogs or will it only be available to staff members only?
                2) The (Who's Online/Member List) feature will it become available to all users or staff only?
                3) With reputation gone how will users gain bars other than have their reputation rigged by you?
                4) Any plans to introduce new titles to the forum so having something higher than knight of knowledge and further?

Will add more to this soon after I play around the forums a bit more.
                Welp, someone already beat me to creating a forum post related to the new updated forums along with two of my questions.. The one thing I do not like about the forum update is the emotes. For example this emotes pupils aren't even on his face, this one has a mean unibrow, this one doesn't look embarrassed, I could keep going but I'm short on time as I write this so I'll stop here.
                Learned to be a ICD coder. Learning how to be a programmer.

Comment

I am unsure about the new forums, I would like to see back the New Posts section we had in last forum. I also would like to see out profiles back to how we made them I do love the @playername really neat feature.
                  Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony ~ Ghandi

To report bugs visit here ... Bug Reports

Any support questions ... Support

Any videos/screenshots please follow http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=93

Comment

I wanted to change my password, (After the recent data leak you guys have had: See Linked.) but couldn't because my date of birth was set to 01-01-1000.

When I went to change my date of birth, I couldn't because it isn't a textbox, so I had to go into the browser's developer mode and change the fields from hidden to text so they appeared. I put in my date of birth and it then allowed me to change the password.

Please unhide the date of birth boxes if you asking for them to be set before changing a password.

Thanks.
                    Online gaming company Reality Squared Games (R2Games) has been compromised for the second time in two years, according to records obtained by the for-profit notification service LeakBase. The hacker who shared the data with LeakBase says the attack happened earlier this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Equinox View Post
                      I am unsure about the new forums, I would like to see back the New Posts section we had in last forum. I also would like to see out profiles back to how we made them I do love the @playername really neat feature.
                      Mentor_Equinox the new posts option is still active it has just been replaced with a different wording " New Topics " top left of the forums.
                      R2 member since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by richard.sparrow View Post
                        I wanted to change my password, (After the recent data leak you guys have had: See Linked.) but couldn't because my date of birth was set to 01-01-1000.

When I went to change my date of birth, I couldn't because it isn't a textbox, so I had to go into the browser's developer mode and change the fields from hidden to text so they appeared. I put in my date of birth and it then allowed me to change the password.

Please unhide the date of birth boxes if you asking for them to be set before changing a password.

Thanks.
                        Your login details are via the r2games.com page.
                        The birthdate issue for you should now be resolved, but if anyone else has this problem, please '@' a moderator (MemoryLane would be able to deal with the problem directly)

Edit: Apologies, I've learned that regular users are now able to log in via the forum. The hint about weird happenings on your account (finding a moderator to help fix it) still holds true though
                        Last edited by Whakapono; 06-29-2017, 02:35 AM. Reason: Added edit note
                        Retired Moderator.

Comment

Would be nice if 'Mark Channels Read' was available when looking at 'New Topics'

Also would be nice if sub-forum was displayed on 'New Topics' like it was on old forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmenjar View Post
                            Would be nice if 'Mark Channels Read' was available when looking at 'New Topics'

Also would be nice if sub-forum was displayed on 'New Topics' like it was on old forum.
                            Not sure if there's an option for adding Mark Channels Read to 'New Topics', as vB5 treats 'New Topics' like a search.

New Topics on subforums is already a thing, but the main section for each game isn't a subforum, it's a category, and the only way to add a 'latest posts' to a category is with a modification, and we can't do that until vB support gets back to us regarding a few bugs, like our private messages. It's only been 13 days since support was contacted, so hopefully we'll hear from them within the next week so we can get the ball rolling on making the forum a bit more user friendly.
                            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                            X