Why do we like playing video games???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we like playing video games???

Hey Guys!!! Lets discuss Why do we like playing video games???

Looks like no one likes playing video games or they did'nt like the question!!!
    Last edited by Reverie; 05-01-2015, 02:28 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

The fact that we love playing video games (mostly guys) is because of a part of our brain that makes us feel rewarded when you play them.

That is the scientific answer, but personally, it's mostly because of the gameplay, length, challenge, fun, presentation(memorable characters, story, graphical design, music) and the genre you like. Out of these exemples, the more important (and obvious one) is fun(gameplay applies in it).
    Last edited by bestellen; 09-29-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Couldn't have explained better...

Comment

I play video games when I am bored or when I do not have anything to do in real life.

Comment

Here's why I think video games are so very popular.

The need to save the world. If not in the real world, at least in the virtual world. There was a research which observed that video games tend to fulfill such human needs which cannot otherwise be satisfied in the real world. So, when a game character saves the world, the player also feels the glory of the accomplishment.

Teaching, inspiring and engaging audiences. Teaching, inspiration and engagement - video games provide these altogether in one single package, which is not otherwise practical in real life.

Problem solving abilities enhancer. Certain (not all though) video games have the ability to train the brain for more agility. These interactive applications evolve and brush off a player's problem solving skills.

Stress buster. Personally speaking, this is the first and foremost reason why I enjoy playing video games so much. Games encourage optimism and are ideal for busting stress. For instance, take these dragon games, which are based on the characters of the How to Train Your Dragon movie series. Once I manage to cross a certain level of the game, I come out with a stronger belief that every problem, however complex, has a solution and nothing is hopeless.

Cross-platform compatibility. Last but not the least, they are compatible across several different platforms at any given time - be it smart phones, laptops, the web as well as stand-alone web consoles.

Comment

I remember when I was young, I always playing video game with my siblings...so fun that time...but that time the video game not up to date..but still fun to play...

Comment

Working...
            X