Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game will be the next game shutting down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What game will be the next game shutting down?

Only 10 remaining:
    Wartune
    Crystal Saga
    Dragon Pals
    Lunaria Story
    League of Angels
    Shadowbound
    Mythborne
    Crystal Saga II
    League of Angels II
    Realm of Guardians

Those ones already were closed:
    Broken Realm July 21 2014
    Crusaders of Solaria May 14 2015
    Sword Saga May 29 2015
    Blood and Jade December 10 2015
    Zombies Ate My Pizza December 16 2015
    Yitien April 24 2016
    Heroes of the Banner April 24 2016
    Kingdom Rift May 18 2016
    Blade Hunter June 30 2016
    Kingdom Invasion Tower Tactics November 17 2016
    Monkey King Online November 25 2016
    Eternal Saga December 15 2016
    Knight's Fable January 11 2017
    Winterfrost Legacy February 24 2017
    Summoner Legion February 28 2017
    Stormthrone June 30 2017
    Nova Genesis August 2017
    Nightfalls December 27 2017
    Legend Knight January 29 2018
    God Wars July 21 2018
    Swords of Divinity October 22 2018
    Thundercall November 19 2018
    Mythic Glory January 17 2019

The list is missing a few, and I wish the wiki article you grabbed that list from also listed when a game opened, because some of those games were around for years, which is impressive in an over-saturated market. I'm glad the list doesn't include the platform union games, but it is missing the mobile games that are open now, which is the direction most game companies have gone. Browser games are thinning because more people play mobile games than browser games now.

There's several factors that go into the decision to close, and if R2 had their way, all games would stay open indefinitely. One factor is the licensing agreement. Some of the games were not open ended agreements, so when the devs closed shop or when the license expired, so did the game. The other factor is cost versus income. The rest of the games stayed open until they dipped under the break even point and stayed there. When a game starts costing a company money to run, then it's not a good business practice to keep that game open.

Given the current list of games, the next to close will be the one that stops paying for itself to stay open. Hard to say which one that will be, as it depends on the community still hanging around them.

New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks for the reply, actually I wasn't expecting an answer. Sorry if it sounded negative, but I play two of those remaining games and I noticed they seems to be abandoned. Your motives makes sense and don't look like you are just trying to defend the company like most of the people I talk to. I didn't want to touch the wound, but I have one more question. Based on the direction we are following I think we can say all those will close next year when Adobe will declare the definitive death of Flash Player, right? There are any alternative plan for that (like a change of platform) or the browser games as we know will all die?

PS.: Most of the games from the list I really got from wiki but they had no date. I did a research to add it, but unfortunately I only found the shut down announcements. Most of forums were already deleted and probably some opening dates were lost forever.

Comment

I wasn't sure if you were asking because you really wanted to know, or if the post was satirical. I figured that someone's going to read it as serious, regardless, so decided to go with a serious reply rather than just ignoring it.

That's a very difficult question to answer, given the length of time between now and December 2020. Honestly, we won't really be seeing much news on that front here until closer to the middle of 2020, at the earliest. There's no way to predict which games will still be here, or if the company will still be here, that far in advance, to be able to discuss next steps for many of the games. There's also a chance that someone somewhere creates a way for flash content to still be played even in a world without flash for the games that can't or won't be converted. We really do need to just wait and see what happens.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

I agree with mem.... R2 games is not the only platform that is seeing games close down, its happening all over the place. There are external factors that really hurt like the european online tax that hit about 5-6 years ago....and recently the european law change in regards to peoples information online. It does not seem like much but in gaming terms, there is gaming markets like US east ( US ) SEA / oceanic ( South east asia ) europe and so on.... but they are the big 3 international regions... anything that hurts those players, has a resounding effect on online games.

I share the same concerns over changing to flash player because of the mess that was made between adobe and mozilla over direct 3d context support being dropped a few years ago and that caused a few games to close down as players could not access them using firefox... and I also agree that we may see the end of online browser gaming as we currently know it.... that would be hard as there are some very dedicated gamers that just hate fortnite.... looks around innocently

Comment

i know this thread is a bit old, but i was wondering, how does other versions of games work (eg a russian version)? From my understanding of speaking to a friend, they said their game is closing and had migrated to the English version on this R2 site and was wondering if that game was closing, that maybe this game will also close. Would any other versions of this game also affect the status of the games on here? Of course, it could depends on plenty of factors you mentioned just as well, so it's probably too vague of a question, but I was just wondering and not really expecting a complete answer.
            Wynter on s36, 68, 69, 70, 71
            Winter on s21

united we stand divided we fall

Comment

Originally posted by rangellian View Post
              i know this thread is a bit old, but i was wondering, how does other versions of games work (eg a russian version)? From my understanding of speaking to a friend, they said their game is closing and had migrated to the English version on this R2 site and was wondering if that game was closing, that maybe this game will also close. Would any other versions of this game also affect the status of the games on here? Of course, it could depends on plenty of factors you mentioned just as well, so it's probably too vague of a question, but I was just wondering and not really expecting a complete answer.
              You didn't mention which game is 'this game'. Given that there's conditions to what causes a closure, it's not possible to know if any game is really heading in that direction until it's already there. It'll be hard to give you a proper answer without knowing what game you're referring to, but sometimes one language version of a game doesn't do as well as another language version because there's a smaller audience, so a closure in one market might not mean the game is in jeopardy in another.

Comment

I am speaking of Mythborne. Taking in consideration of its activity, I think it may last a little while longer, but the sudden surprise of closure of the Russian version was what brought so many Russian players onto the server I am on. Their asking of when this game will close is pretty much out of concern and fear of suddenly losing everything they have again (I as well considering how much time I spent on the game).
                Wynter on s36, 68, 69, 70, 71
                Winter on s21

united we stand divided we fall

Comment

Here is the answer: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...-shutting-down

Comment

The next game shutting down will be Realm of Guardians.
                    stay tuned

Comment

nope its lunaria story , 28/2

Comment

Miss Yitien so much, but the real game of yitien (??web) is shut down,
                        Queenâ„¢
                        Sinisterâ„¢ Guild

"Let Queen be QUEEN"

~INDONESIAN PLAYER~

Comment

I think will be LOA2

Comment

actually it was sad when i heard that lunaria closed. The only game with simple gameplay and very fancy as it was. It should be reopened instead of adding etenal fury 2 HTML because etf2 not gonna have the same popularity as lunaria. FIrst of all because of the hardcore gamemode they have.

Comment

I honestly don't see how eternal fury 2 can benefit in any way in my opinion as its not that popular as wartune hall of heroes which will grow into an unstoppable mmorpg app. I have a feeling though that proficient city has something to do with this because it is their game in the first place which will possibly lead to similar game like eternal fury and maybe wartunes. T.T

Comment

Working...
                              X