Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrading Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Announcement] Forum Upgrading Notice

    Our forum will be upgraded on the following dates:

    German Forum - June 15th 2017 04:00 AM - 08:00 AM GMT+2
    French Forum - June 19th 2017 05:00 AM - 08:00 AM GMT+2
    English Forum - June 20th 2017 10:00 PM - June 21st 08:00 AM/10:00 PM EDT

    This will be a major upgrade.
    We are now planning on starting the maintenance at 10:00pm EDT on June 20th.
    Due to the size of the update we estimate it to take at least 10 hours, but possibly 24 hours or longer.

    Please take note that this forum will be down for a decent amount of time.
    Once completed, you may still notice some changes happening for the next few days as we begin to utilize all the new forum has to offer.

    Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

  • #2
    Uh just one question: How will we check for updates when the forum will be offline?
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
      Uh just one question: How will we check for updates when the forum will be offline?
      Silly, check for updates before the 21st for the time the maintenance will start and the expected length of the downtime.
      Rules of the Forum are found here.

      R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
      Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

      For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any preview templates of how the forums will look like or new features
        R2 member since 2012

        Currently on Heroes Evolved Forums

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Edotensai View Post
          Any preview templates of how the forums will look like or new features
          Nope, no previews.
          Rules of the Forum are found here.

          R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
          Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

          For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Nope, no previews.
            You're the head forum moderator so of course you should know ...
            I'd like to see what updates will there be , too.
            Nothing to do much here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R21926780 View Post
              You're the head forum moderator so of course you should know ...
              Absolutely right, but that has nothing to do with the question about previews.

              First thing is first- a successful upgrade. Until that happens, there's no point in worrying about anything else.
              Rules of the Forum are found here.

              R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
              Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

              For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

              Comment


              • #8
                This will be a major upgrade.
                We do not have the time worked out yet, but it may start around 10:00pm EDT on June 20th.
                Due to the size of the update we estimate it to take at least 4 hours, but possibly 24 hours or longer.

                Please take note that this forum will be down for a decent amount of time.
                Once completed, you may still notice some changes happening for the next few days as we begin to utilize all the new forum has to offer.

                Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
                When you have a Problem - Click Here

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 009.SSJ View Post
                  This will be a major upgrade.
                  We do not have the time worked out yet, but it may start around 10:00pm EDT on June 20th.
                  Due to the size of the update we estimate it to take at least 4 hours, but possibly 24 hours or longer.

                  Please take note that this forum will be down for a decent amount of time.
                  Once completed, you may still notice some changes happening for the next few days as we begin to utilize all the new forum has to offer.

                  Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
                  When you say major upgrade, you mean as in a rehaul of the forums, and maybe something more important will be changed?

                  Well, good luck...

                  Offtopic: should the giftpack section be updated to include packs for codes for new games? User packs I mean...
                  Nothing to do much here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R21926780 View Post
                    When you say major upgrade, you mean as in a rehaul of the forums, and maybe something more important will be changed?

                    Well, good luck...

                    Offtopic: should the giftpack section be updated to include packs for codes for new games? User packs I mean...
                    Major upgrade is us getting the most up to date version of the forum, which has many more features than our current version has and hopefully will eliminate the bugs that have been plaguing us.

                    Once completed, we will go through each of the new features and decide which we want. We may also be adjusting the color scheme. The end result could be not much of a difference on the surface, or it could be a completely new look and feel. For this reason, there's no way to provide a preview or say exactly what will be changing, but we are excited about it.
                    Rules of the Forum are found here.

                    R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
                    Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

                    For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We are now planning on starting the maintenance at 10:00pm EDT on June 20th.
                      Due to the size of the update we estimate it to take at least 10 hours, but possibly 24 hours or longer.
                      When you have a Problem - Click Here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And somehow, I have a feeling once this upgrade is complete, the machines will take over the earth and we will have to form up a resistance =P
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          And somehow, I have a feeling once this upgrade is complete, the machines will take over the earth and we will have to form up a resistance =P
                          Hey! There won't be, I promise you!
                          Nothing to do much here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            what about making it possible to log in on forum without having to sign in by the r2 website first.
                            Will make a lot of the former Kabam now wonderhill players a lot happier to!!!!!. Ridicules to have to sign up at R2 to get on forum here.
                            Theonlyghost
                            Server Former Kabam/wonderhill now Gamerocks S122 US-East

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
                              what about making it possible to log in on forum without having to sign in by the r2 website first.
                              Will make a lot of the former Kabam now wonderhill players a lot happier to!!!!!. Ridicules to have to sign up at R2 to get on forum here.
                              Slightly confused.. The forum is R2's, so if you don't sign up for an R2 account, how else would the forum know your login info? It could not use your Wonderhill login credentials, since that's a completely different company's website.

                              You only need to sign up for an account at the R2 website, and then you only need to log in through the forum's log in link at top right corner of the page. This was not an option with the previous forum version.
                              Rules of the Forum are found here.

                              R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
                              Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

                              For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X