Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

How to cast runes in Sylph form.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being doing it or sometime and I really don't think it's an exploit at all

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
      i know you are an old player. I can't believe you are totally new to this. Have you not noticed that the interval between world boss attacks are pretty big? That this game isnt fully turn based? Did you not know that server process the combat in real time way? Seriously, what is the IQ of this guy? Let a new player tell an old player like you, that the combat is not processed like you think.
      If all of these happen between a world boss attack
      1. your character made an attack,
      2. finished his action delay
      3. made an attack again
      then you get a sure double attack. All within the features of a game. Even some skills got a casting delay like delphics/thunderer.
      should I laugh here? you just agreed that its real time based. Isn't it the same with double hitting and rune after awakening? its all based on when you hit a feature at the right times. doing a double hit cause you manage to make the system believe you queued 2 atks right after one another with the cast delay all fitting into the time alloted for your "turn" is the same as making it think you want to awaken your sylph and using a rune at the same "turn". In this case, turns depend on everything you've been casting since the timer started including delays. If you manage to make an autohit + cast something which the cast delay would've started counting during the autohit while the other person hits a skill late and delays his cast, you could also do a double atk on them. The same theory also applies to what jacko has been saying, so if this rune +awakening is an exploit, then double hitting is also an exploit since they all belong to the same family of feature that many players have been using. The skill switching from awakening does not occur instanteously but also has a cast delay like all other skills. This is why its possible to case rune after you awaken if you managed to time your casting right. It is most definitely not an exploit but rather a matter of being able to time your casting on top of lag and other factors that affect cast speed (like someone casting faster by mashing the skill hotkey compared to someone clicking with mouse between skill 1 and rune). This being said, if everyone were to know how to use it, then it cannot become an exploit since everyone is benefitting from it and not just the few. I'm quite sure if a mod were to bother to reply (even though its a waste of their time to confirm something that alot of the players here know except for the few of you who still think its an exploit) they would definitely agree that jacko hasn't violated any TOS. Just because some ppl figured out how to battle in more creative ways or more efficient ways doesn't mean its automatically an exploit. Its better if you play much longer and understand the system better before jumping to the wrong conclusions.
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I don't see how people are complaining about this, it's something everyone is benefitting from...
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

It has been asked and a GM states that they see no problem with this.
          | GNUTerryPrachett |

| |
          | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuardingDark View Post
            It has been asked and a GM states that they see no problem with this.
            Thanks for clearing this up for everyone.
            IGN: Jacko
            Server: Kabam S24
            Guild: Genesis
            Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

Originally posted by MrPunkinHead View Post
              It's one thing to discover an exploit, and not report it.
              It's another if you're showing others how to replicate it.

From my experience and general rule of gaming, it's a bannable offense to share exploits. It's up the Moderators to determine whether or not it is acceptable.
              Let's file a complain then and get him banned.
              Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
              Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
              Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
              One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
              In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
              One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
              One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
              In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jacko, worked perfectly in BG, you're a legend!

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                  should I laugh here? you just agreed that its real time based. Isn't it the same with double hitting and rune after awakening? its all based on when you hit a feature at the right times. doing a double hit cause you manage to make the system believe you queued 2 atks right after one another with the cast delay all fitting into the time alloted for your "turn" is the same as making it think you want to awaken your sylph and using a rune at the same "turn". In this case, turns depend on everything you've been casting since the timer started including delays. If you manage to make an autohit + cast something which the cast delay would've started counting during the autohit while the other person hits a skill late and delays his cast, you could also do a double atk on them. The same theory also applies to what jacko has been saying, so if this rune +awakening is an exploit, then double hitting is also an exploit since they all belong to the same family of feature that many players have been using. The skill switching from awakening does not occur instanteously but also has a cast delay like all other skills. This is why its possible to case rune after you awaken if you managed to time your casting right.
                  first of all there's no such thing as turns in real time based. Now, if you wanna continue with turns, then every move needs a certain number of turns, and a turn is a measure of time. When you do a double hit, you use 2 turns, and the boss use 2 turns: an attack turn, and a "skip due to delays" turn. The thing with real-time is that "turns" are in time intervals, rather than actions. In chess, 1 action = 1 turn and each turn have different amount of time. That's the idea of turn-based game. You are trying to apply it in wartune by saying that "awaken + rune" action = 1 turn. But no, nothing like that. That's how wartune is different games. It's actually real-time with bigger time intervals that makes it look like turn-based. If you played FF12, you would understand.

turn-based analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why 1 turn end up doing awaken+rune. A single turn
                  real-time analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why you are able to rune after awaken right away. 2 separate moves

if you transform, you should not be able to use runes. The system should've checked your state and detect "awakened form" and make the rune action invalid. Simple as that. Devs thought that hiding the runes would already do the job, so they didnt add this "checked your state and detect awakened form". Due to laziness of devs, people have found an exploit. GMs doesnt care about these minor stuff, so like every1 has already said, do it. I'll do it, and not share it to everyone, otherwise i'll lose advantage of the exploits. Like lucky pack drops, getting 5x cata to drop lucky packs when they post dates like feb7 - feb9, and much more exploits. All of these are errors, and im exploiting them to my advantage.

This being said, if everyone were to know how to use it, then it cannot become an exploit since everyone is benefitting from it and not just the few. I'm quite sure if a mod were to bother to reply (even though its a waste of their time to confirm something that alot of the players here know except for the few of you who still think its an exploit) they would definitely agree that jacko hasn't violated any TOS. Just because some ppl figured out how to battle in more creative ways or more efficient ways doesn't mean its automatically an exploit. Its better if you play much longer and understand the system better before jumping to the wrong conclusions.
                  being an exploit, and being fair are independent. In this case, as long as everyone knows it, it would be fair but will continue as an exploit til the patch that allows rune to be used during awaken mode comes to our servers.
                  Last edited by mageheal50; 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

A mod just confirmed it's not an exploit. You are going to say it is an exploit even if G.M said it's not? LOL since when did you make the game now and can tell what others to do?

Comment

first of all there's no such thing as turns in real time based. Now, if you wanna continue with turns, then every move needs a certain number of turns, and a turn is a measure of time. When you do a double hit, you use 2 turns, and the boss use 2 turns: an attack turn, and a "skip due to delays" turn. The thing with real-time is that "turns" are in time intervals, rather than actions. In chess, 1 action = 1 turn and each turn have different amount of time. That's the idea of turn-based game. You are trying to apply it in wartune by saying that "awaken + rune" action = 1 turn. But no, nothing like that. That's how wartune is different games. It's actually real-time with bigger time intervals that makes it look like turn-based. If you played FF12, you would understand.

turn-based analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why 1 turn end up doing awaken+rune. A single turn
                      real-time analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why you are able to rune after awaken right away. 2 separate moves

if you transform, you should not be able to use runes. The system should've checked your state and detect "awakened form" and make the rune action invalid. Simple as that. Devs thought that hiding the runes would already do the job, so they didnt add this "checked your state and detect awakened form". Due to laziness of devs, people have found an exploit. GMs doesnt care about these minor stuff, so like every1 has already said, do it. I'll do it, and not share it to everyone, otherwise i'll lose advantage of the exploits. Like lucky pack drops, getting 5x cata to drop lucky packs when they post dates like feb7 - feb9, and much more exploits. All of these are errors, and im exploiting them to my advantage.

being an exploit, and being fair are independent. In this case, as long as everyone knows it, it would be fair but will continue as an exploit til the patch that allows rune to be used during awaken mode comes to our servers.
                      wartune is turn based, but some skills take longer time ie 1.5 TURNS to cast while others take .75 of a turn. case in point, in lych nm 2nd boss, after i sun and lightning, i use restoration then cue up puri which goes off in the exact right time. everybody else has had 3 turns, but i somehow do 4 actions in those 3 turns. Awaken and runes are very fast, maybe 1/2 a turn. so awaken plus a rune is about 1 turn. the only thing is that some people have figured out how to use the rune so that the effect comes AFTER the awaken instead of before. Me personally, I don't bother with it because I have my own rotation and this screws with my timing. So, since it has been ruled its not an exploit, this time thing on a turn based game makes total sense (chess is turn based but doesn't have moves that are only .5 of a turn).
                      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                        A mod just confirmed it's not an exploit. You are going to say it is an exploit even if G.M said it's not? LOL since when did you make the game now and can tell what others to do?
                        lol GM's arent the devs, they just r2 staff who cant even make adjustments to the game code. Only the programmer really can tell if something is an intended feature or not, a glitch or not, an error in the code or not. So that's the point of view im using.

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                        wartune is turn based, but some skills take longer time ie 1.5 TURNS to cast while others take .75 of a turn. case in point, in lych nm 2nd boss, after i sun and lightning, i use restoration then cue up puri which goes off in the exact right time. everybody else has had 3 turns, but i somehow do 4 actions in those 3 turns. Awaken and runes are very fast, maybe 1/2 a turn. so awaken plus a rune is about 1 turn. the only thing is that some people have figured out how to use the rune so that the effect comes AFTER the awaken instead of before. Me personally, I don't bother with it because I have my own rotation and this screws with my timing. So, since it has been ruled its not an exploit, this time thing on a turn based game makes total sense (chess is turn based but doesn't have moves that are only .5 of a turn).
                        you've been fooled. wartune is not turn-based. A turn-based game doesnt use time in battles. Turn-based games only use time to prevent a player for taking forever to take his turn. Your example says it all, 1.5 TURNS, .75 TURNS. You are using TURNS as a measure of time. Even the cooldowns are in seconds, not in number of turns. Even the sylph awaken is time-based. A real turn-based game will have cooldowns, in number of turns. For example, you can only use multishot every 3 turns, or you can sylph awaken after 8 turns. This is clearly not the case. You can use multishot every 5s + cast delay of MS. You can use awaken when u reach 38th second or 22s remaining on timer (when you start battle with 0 awaken).

One thing that is turn-based in wartune is the duration of debuffs/buffs. The Turns remaining on buffs/debuffs is actions remaining. Completing an action, reduces the "Turns remaining" by 1. It could take 15 seconds for 3 turn to disappear, or it can take 30s, but the duration will always last on the specified number of turns. This part of wartune is turn-based.

Comment

omfg you are not a dev either and if they say it's perfectly fine then it's perfectly fine. Why are you harping on this trying to create unnecessary arguments?
                          Last edited by 0xykotton; 02-05-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                            omfg you are no ta dev either and if they say it's perfectly fine then it's perfectly fine. Why are you harping on this trying to create unnecessary arguments?
                            well, your stupidity can't be cured.

EDIT: We know what a glitch is, when we see one. You know what a glitch is, when an R2 staff tells you so.
                            Last edited by mageheal50; 02-05-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

well, your stupidity can't be cured.
                              Why are you trying to start fights for no reason? Just because I disagree with you. Means you can call me stupid? What a child you are. Just bc someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you need to start cussing out people. Glad you aren't running for any politics you probably kill yourself.

The point is it's legit in the game. The Mods and G.Ms confirms it's legit. Therefore, no one will get banned for doing it. Thus, it isn't an exploit in there eyes either. Deal with it. You don't make the game rules. R2 staff even said it's not a glitch. How dumb are you?

Comment

lol its just funny how u waste your time typing all this comments.. u should understand already its part of the game and it will be NOT change .. GM confirmed it and Dev will not waste time too change it..

Comment

Working...
                                X