[Guide] Battle Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Battle Protection

Unlocked at level 55, battle protection offers players a chance to incorporate elemental resistance in battle. The system requires skill and strategy to give you that extra edge in battle.

General Info
    • The system can be found via the Character panel and is composed of two parts: Elemental resistance and RES reduction.
    • Battle Protection unlocks upon reaching level 55.
    • The player’s active sylph decides the type of elemental resistance during battle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bp1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1748023

Resistance and RES Reduction Effects
    • Resistance can reduce the amount of damage received from certain elemental attacks. There are six different types of resistance: Wind, Fire, Water, Electro, Light, and Dark.
    • RES reduction can reduce the enemy’s resistance, which means the player’s attacks can cause more damage.

Elemental Resistance
    There are six different types of elemental resistance. Each type of elemental resistance only works against the same type of elemental attack. For example, if the attacker brings the Amazon Queen into battle, then the defender would be required to have fire resistance in order to reduce the damage from the attacker.

Effect of RES Reduction on Resistance
    • RES reduction can reduce the effect of all types of resistance; if a defender’s resistance is greater than the attacker’s RES reduction, then the damage caused to the defender will be greatly reduced. However, if the opposite is true, then the attacker’s damage dealt will be 100% + bonus damage to the defender.
    • RES reduction can be improved by socketing Will Crystals (RES reduction crystals) into the Reduce RES center shield in the Battle Protection system.

Resistance Shields
    • Within the Battle Protection panel are 6 different shields. Each shield has 3 socketing slots in which players may socket various types of resistance crystals to increase resistance. Shields can only be socketed with three different types of crystal.
    • The Wooden Shield unlocks upon reaching level 55, the other shields will unlock later upon reaching certain requirements. Kingdom Marks are required to unlock the other shields and can be earned from “Battle Protection” quests.

Name:	bp2.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1748021

Materials and Sources
    • Crystal Shards: Obtained from various events, used to synthesize various types of resistance crystal in the Blacksmith.
    • Resistance Crystals: Can be synthesized using Crystal Shards in the Blacksmith.
    • RES Reduction (Will Crystals): Not available yet.

Name:	bp.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1748022

More stuff to collect with as it is very little inventory place for non cash players , soon the game become absolute impossible to play if you dont invest cash in inventory (time to quit)
    “Being in a minority, even in a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
    George Orwell

“Education is not only the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think.” – Albert Einstein

Latest Server
    S416 - Whispering Hills
    Wittekind

And a Few more Servers from S80 onwards

Comment

Lackof inventory space is causing lots of players problems. My level 10 guild vault is full and my inventory almost full. I have more Insignia than I can spend, same with crypt tokens, and can't get rid of them.
      Jherek
      Guild Master TheCore

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry53 View Post
        Lackof inventory space is causing lots of players problems. My level 10 guild vault is full and my inventory almost full. I have more Insignia than I can spend, same with crypt tokens, and can't get rid of them.
        what do you mean more insignia and crypt tokens then you can spend? AFAIK there is no limit to how much you can spend in this game.
        IGN: AncientEvil
        Server: EU-271+merged
        Class: Archer
        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

plus:
          - New interesting system - more fun for players I hope.
          - Maybe could help to make unbalanced sylphs more balanced - players will be protect mainly against the stronghests and the most used sylphs (Gaia, Apollo).

minus:
          - More problems with inventory space (especially for newbies). I saw lot or requirements to decrease price for opening inventory slots - isn't in patch I saw promised increase inventory slots to 9999 items - isn't in patch
          - Line between under lv55 and above lv55 is still wider and wider. lv55+ have fate, more sylphs skills and now also protection against under lv55 sylph and also att bunus against under lv55 sylph (RES reduction).
          - Next advantage for cashiers - I am sure there will be paid events to gain resistance materials.
          Last edited by verbaska; 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Unless you release more inventory space or the possibility of stocking up to 9999, all the new upgrades are completely useless for new players

Comment

so so so this means that the sylph attack will not be that dependable any more and as usual spenders get to hit harder non senders even more ,, does this mean the end of us slow leveler non cash players

Comment

Originally posted by verbaska View Post
                plus:
                - New interesting system - more fun for players I hope.
                - Maybe could help to make unbalanced sylphs more balanced - players will be protect mainly against the stronghests and the most used sylphs (Gaia, Apollo).

minus:
                - More problems with inventory space (especially for newbies). I saw lot or requirements to decrease price for opening inventory slots - isn't in patch I saw promised increase inventory slots to 9999 items - isn't in patch
                - Line between under lv55 and above lv55 is still wider and wider. lv55+ have fate, more sylphs skills and now also protection against under lv55 sylph and also att bunus against under lv55 sylph (RES reduction).
                - Next advantage for cashiers - I am sure there will be paid events to gain resistance materials.
                do you really think r2 will make something not for chasiers advantage and crushing the none cashiers

Comment

Originally posted by Mugetsu110 View Post
                  so so so this means that the sylph attack will not be that dependable any more and as usual spenders get to hit harder non senders even more ,, does this mean the end of us slow leveler non cash players
                  thats for sure

Comment

This res reduction seems to be another HS type thing - all or nothing. If yours is higher, which it will be if you are a stronger player, you will be even stronger. Stupid. Do they not learn. This will completely *** the game.

Comment

stop hoarding items, and there is no issue. there is no good reason to hoard whips and crystals

Comment

Originally posted by noob9841 View Post
                        stop hoarding items, and there is no issue. there is no good reason to hoard whips and crystals
                        ok then u cry wen the next whip/sc event comes while i enjoy it

Comment

i enjoy having a higher br more than having no empty spaces

Comment

Holy/Shadow's gonna hurt.
                            Not many have Apollo/Hades. @__@
                            TY, R2 Games, for your failure of services. TY for all the grief you gave me on the stupid MP Lost Run bugs.

I reached LD Rank, Top 5 WB Mage/Top 10 overall w/o Balens. All PvEs completed w/ help and hard work. No VIP. Too bad R2 does not recognize such ****.
                            I am a minimalist who spent money below $200 overall. Yet I am known as a worthy adversary of most players in my server.

TY for 3 years of adventure. I'm actually wondering how I lasted.
                            -Maya`Eleanor

Comment

one of the things I notice they did in the pokemon games is set up an specific inventory slot for certain items example potions, items, etc had there own pouch

Comment

Working...
                              X