people wearing duplicate rings/wewery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people wearing duplicate rings/wewery

well maybe people that is not level 80 is not aware, but level 80 sets now give you the posibility to use 2 identical jewery/rings

i want to know if this is not a bug (of course people is choosing the ring/jewery that gives 1000 extra damage ;D)

http://prntscr.com/439bab

No its not a bug. They choose it for what you said (extra 1000 damage), still noone knows if its working as 2000 extra damage or not.
    Player: sunshinε
    Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
    Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
    Level: 80
    Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

i was curious and tested on my knight with a second -pdef ring and it didnt work

i undressed so i had only 22565 patk and my enemy had 18222 pdef so that the difference is low but not within 10% of my patk (because of the formula being something like : max[(patk-pdef)/2, patk/10] ...)
      my second ring rolled without str or patk so the only dmg changing stat would be the -1000 pdef. i tested damage once with only my first -1000pdef ring equiped and again with both rings (patk or any other damage-stats were exactly the same both times). i also used lvl 1 ewd to prevent crits.
      i first used only 1 ring and recorded all damage numbers i saw from normal attacks and ended up with this list:

note that the first 21 values correspond to 90%,91%,92%,...,110% of your average damage (not exactly, but close enough) and all my normal damage got rounded to one of these values. the other 6, much higher values were most likely because of brutal edge aura procs which made my attacks ignore another 5k pdef.
      now after using the second ring with no additional patk but another -1000 pdef, i tested again but got the exact same numbers again, so damage didnt change.

to make sure that the ring effect works at all in duels, i repeated the same test with no ring equipped vs 1 ring (again with same patk both times) and here i got completely different and higher values with the -1000pdef ring.
      so i guess its safe to assume that only 1 ring/jewel counts, unless this is a bug that happens only with knight rings or something like that. at least ill keep my second ring in vault and wait for another 200 legstones to get the rage proc ring :P

Comment

very nice info setsuna, tks for the help, so even if you wear a 2 ring/jewery the efect is only of 1, i know some advanced players that will cry ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jymnils View Post
          very nice info setsuna, tks for the help, so even if you wear a 2 ring/jewery the efect is only of 1, i know some advanced players that will cry ;D
          LOL... more like they'll start trashing their computer.

Do you know how much Gold it needs to enchant one lv.80 legend? and how long it takes to actually craft it? LOL...

Heard its like 1~8m gold per enchant.

So they basically wasted around 50~300m gold or something.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
            LOL... more like they'll start trashing their computer.

Do you know how much Gold it needs to enchant one lv.80 legend? and how long it takes to actually craft it? LOL...

Heard its like 1~8m gold per enchant.

So they basically wasted around 50~300m gold or something.
            97m from +0 to +36. and 3m to synth it.

and it's not that bad, the -10% crit damage is not that useful since its useless in PvP.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

So strange then than in China used double ring/jewels too. May be difference will come later in some patch (ofc with hiddeen patch notes).
              May be if got time repeat test one more time just to be sure.

Comment

I got double jewels with -mdef in both and it does stack, tested in PVP vs various mages.

Comment

Thanks for the info! People wear it in China because in my experinece, only 0,001% of people do such tests (actually you are the first to do that besides me, Setsuna, and you did it the right way, for which I have big respect for you). So people just think and believe things but dont check them. The funny part is just today morning, to make up some inventory space, I used 7500 crypt tokens to make a second identical ring (didnt enchant it yet, though).
                  My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                    I got double jewels with -mdef in both and it does stack, tested in PVP vs various mages.
                    can u share how did test?
                    Originally posted by TheVictorious
                    Is this "soon" like additional spot in farm or homestead? :P
                    Originally posted by PunkPetal
                    Did same to me, is embarrassing when u tthrow everything but the kitchen sink, and they sit casting rof
                    Originally posted by EdGrr
                    A life of frustration is inevitable for any player whose main enjoyment is winning and staying at the top.
                    IGN: Dragon Soul Warlock DanteMugetsu
                    Guild: #1 European Mighty Guild KINGSoKong
                    Server: Kongregate Europe 3 a.k.a Kong S5
                    Class: Mage
                    Currect Br: 61????

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                      i was curious and tested on my knight with a second -pdef ring and it didnt work

i undressed so i had only 22565 patk and my enemy had 18222 pdef so that the difference is low but not within 10% of my patk (because of the formula being something like : max[(patk-pdef)/2, patk/10] ...)
                      my second ring rolled without str or patk so the only dmg changing stat would be the -1000 pdef. i tested damage once with only my first -1000pdef ring equiped and again with both rings (patk or any other damage-stats were exactly the same both times). i also used lvl 1 ewd to prevent crits.
                      Any chance you'll post the second set of numbers, the one with both -1k pdef rings equipped? Based on what we know with how dmg is supposed to work, your data set is quite high, especially once you take into account the damage reduction you should be getting from talents and passives.

Comment

the easiest way to test would be to lower your atk as much as possible by stripping everything except of the jewels/rings and then fight someone who's def is about 80% of your atk but no higher. that way the 1k difference should be most noticeable. just remove atk socket from your jewels or rings and compare dmg between 1 and 2 items equipped.

Comment

I'll take that as a "no".

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                            I'll take that as a "no".
                            i did not read yours yet. the dmg with 2 rings equipped was exactly the same, thats how i concluded that 2 rings wont stack. as for why the damage is that high it might be because i was still wearing pvp medal. also res reduce increases it a bit. ill try if i can get the same patk/pdef numbers again and test once more to see what exactly i was using.

edit: guess i cant do that until tmr because the second char didnt have blessing when i tried :P
                            Last edited by Setsuna88; 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Ahhh, medal would clear that up. That's the main reason why I was curious about the second data set, because the first was so high.

Comment

Working...
                              X