Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guild management 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno, I kinda disagree with most of the changes you are proposing, seeing them as mostly unnecessary.

AGs do have the power of the GB list, though it is usually best to assign one person to manage it. Officer is a totally useless position and should just be removed completely, or your guild can just not use it. Either way works.

I do like your idea of the GM allowing AGs to also summon tree. They should be able to summon altar, too.

As for punitive measures, currently the only options are kicking and denial of participation in GB. I'd say those are two pretty hefty punishments. Stealing someone's gold seems petty and ridiculous, especially when most players have no further use for the guild shop. If someone is using bad language, etc. then talk to him in PM--that's what the AGs are for. If he doesn't listen and change his ways, then kick him. If he's not in guild, then he's no longer an issue. If he speaks out in world chat, someone can report him to R2 and he'll be muted there. Either way, the issue is solved.

While a page of stats to see participation in certain events sounds good in theory, who has the time to go through that data? Moreover, who wants to? It could be useful in certain situations, but there are really no "rewards" for good behaviour other than guild chests (which are pretty obsolete--30 whips is nothing when we're getting 30,000-50,000 a month) or getting first pick to participate in GB (which is nice, but even with a guild of 150+ actives, we seem to only have 60 people vying for GB spots on any given day, so the 10 that don't get in on Monday, get in on Wednesday, etc.).

If there were some new, exciting individual rewards, then that might be a nice thing to have; however, I really like how laid back running a guild is. I'm not the GM, but I am an AG and I handle GB lists and towers (sometimes). The rest of the game takes up a lot of time, why would you want to spend more on an administrative aspect of it? It's hard enough to be online consistently to start tree and altar, and it's quite a time sink to manage the GB list and create tower assignments, when who is participating changes on a day to day basis. It's fun and it feels good to help out (and win), but I feel like it's close enough to becoming a chore that adding anything extra would be too much.

As for keeping track of who gets a guild chest, create a spreadsheet in excel with everyone's names. Highlight the cell a different color when they get one. When everyone gets one, reset the list. Easy peasy.

Comment

True wisdom is when you can simplify things not make them more complicated, as some people have here.
      When managing people with different personalities and goals, things must be seamless and transparent.

The only real thing that needs to change for sure
      1) Asst G.M.s should be able to summon tree and DA etc

Secondary change can be
      2) Maybe give Asst GMs and Officers a slight bonus exp at tree or something for their efforts in helping the guild. (Limit the number of them that can be appointed)
      (Too often their efforts and attendance rates goes unnoticed and under-appreciated)

In closing
      Guild chest can serve as a reward for the officers and Asst GM efforts but in my experience this is too heavily biased, for a healthy guild, truly everyone in a guild needs to feel appreciated for their efforts no matter what BR they have or how hard they can hit a ward tower. We let our chest stack to ~40 and then distribute to as many active people as we can all at once. Simple

JAXX
      KONG S-11
      US East
      Last edited by maxvain; 09-10-2014, 06:41 PM. Reason: Signed JAXX

Comment

I played a game called CounterStrike. For the potty mouths was a thing called Llama them where everytime they type just came up Ooorgle Ooorgle Oorgle. was a temp for first offence and longer each time. This is junk that I cant mute ppl who talk stupid in game kinda ruins some fun..

Comment

A thought occurred to me is maybe a guild should be able to vote of no Confidence against the Guild leader. I been one guild where the G. M was not really interested in the guild and just sat all day in the atoll collecting Sylph Essences. I did leave the guild in the end but it would have to be probably started by an Assistant G. M and over half the members vote to have to G. M removed and the procedure for electing a new G. M starts as if they been absent for 10 days.

DarkMeph
          Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by malu.s490 View Post
            hi.. i would like to have a stats available like the guild contributions which would show no. of times tree energized...guild battle participated..and other stats i cannot think of showing how much one does contribute to guild development. to identify active and helpful players.. I dont agree with the idea of giving guild chest to top10 in GB as low lvl players also help in guild growth and deserve the goodies..
            Indeed, i would like to see some more info. I got a lot of members logging everyday but I also wanna know if these attend to tree, DA and GB if possible.

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
            So far, our Officers, Assistants and "Tower Leaders" are responsible for managing Tower Team squads. If there's any player that doesn't obey the rules, he's kindly asked to stop defending the tower. If he doesn't move, he gets kicked out of the GB list and sent to the forum to read our rules.
            Would really like an option to see people who are currently "Guarding" the tower, then Assistants and the Guild Master could react faster.

More active or contributing (in the overall meaning of contribution, e.g. maintaining the good atmosphere) low level players are given "special chests" in our guild.
            Not mentioning, that thanks to those high BR / level players, those little ones get more insignia, honor and SC
            Now it is a good idea to make separate teams with team leaders. This is currently done verbally, think it would be nice if we can assign specific spots to players where we want them in the guild battle officer list. Maybe some colors or marks so people know if they are in a team and who that team leader is.

Originally posted by DarkMeph View Post
            I have asked several times that I do not want a chest but it would be nice to opt out rather than say.

The possibilty of some shared storage in the guild vault for some unbound items that I might not need but someone else does. Sometimes when I do MPD I pick an item for a mage which I cannot use but someone else might. I either end up selling them after using them for CQs or recycling items.

Maybe helping other members with quests too. I do not mean MPDs but something like CQs I tend to finish all 200 of them but I do wish I could help others with theirs.

DarkMeph
            I think a shared storage is a bad idea. People get a drop but cant use it and put it in the vault, who do you then allow it to grap??

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
            Please let my assistants open the tree so I can hang out at the bar some nights!?

I'm joking but I'm totally serious.
            I know this is serious, this is I think on of the most important addition.

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
            I would love some leadership power changes.
            -Difference color/symbol (maybe a crown or something) for guild leaders would be nice
            -And more activity counters would be nice (days since last tree touch/number of touches per week etc... change in battle rating over last week would be nice to monitor growth)
            -Punishments
            - change name colors of someone punished in last 48 that only assist+ can see so when making gb list can leave them out, etc
            -force contribution is a nice idea but dont think would have much effect most of the time
            -1 hr mute for assists to give them time to decide on action to take/leader to get on
            - better version of guild chest current one is worthless now to award good players
            - internal "charm" system. give + or - rep to fellow guild members based on their actions. normal mems can give 5 a day, officers 10, etc.... would be a nice way to measure helpfulness

-allow assist+ to summon tree/altar
            -free all-guild mail once per day for leader
            -welcoming message sent to all new members. leaders can change to explain rules/expectations and welcome new players
            -guild merge feature would also be interesting

I mainly use officers+ rankings now just so people know who to go to with questions/problems
            I like it

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
            Dunno, I kinda disagree with most of the changes you are proposing, seeing them as mostly unnecessary.

AGs do have the power of the GB list, though it is usually best to assign one person to manage it. Officer is a totally useless position and should just be removed completely, or your guild can just not use it. Either way works.

I do like your idea of the GM allowing AGs to also summon tree. They should be able to summon altar, too.

As for punitive measures, currently the only options are kicking and denial of participation in GB. I'd say those are two pretty hefty punishments. Stealing someone's gold seems petty and ridiculous, especially when most players have no further use for the guild shop. If someone is using bad language, etc. then talk to him in PM--that's what the AGs are for. If he doesn't listen and change his ways, then kick him. If he's not in guild, then he's no longer an issue. If he speaks out in world chat, someone can report him to R2 and he'll be muted there. Either way, the issue is solved.

While a page of stats to see participation in certain events sounds good in theory, who has the time to go through that data? Moreover, who wants to? It could be useful in certain situations, but there are really no "rewards" for good behaviour other than guild chests (which are pretty obsolete--30 whips is nothing when we're getting 30,000-50,000 a month) or getting first pick to participate in GB (which is nice, but even with a guild of 150+ actives, we seem to only have 60 people vying for GB spots on any given day, so the 10 that don't get in on Monday, get in on Wednesday, etc.).

If there were some new, exciting individual rewards, then that might be a nice thing to have; however, I really like how laid back running a guild is. I'm not the GM, but I am an AG and I handle GB lists and towers (sometimes). The rest of the game takes up a lot of time, why would you want to spend more on an administrative aspect of it? It's hard enough to be online consistently to start tree and altar, and it's quite a time sink to manage the GB list and create tower assignments, when who is participating changes on a day to day basis. It's fun and it feels good to help out (and win), but I feel like it's close enough to becoming a chore that adding anything extra would be too much.

As for keeping track of who gets a guild chest, create a spreadsheet in excel with everyone's names. Highlight the cell a different color when they get one. When everyone gets one, reset the list. Easy peasy.
            With the current setup these additions would indeed be to much but with giving the assistants more the guild leader role he doesnt have to summon tree or da, they arrange the GB/CRGB setup (with the GM) where the GM itself will be more on the management side, keeping the guild healthy without bickering. The options and tasks can be spread out more in my opinion throughout he ranks.

I know this can be different for every guild leader and how they run their guild, thats why I appreciate your comment and thoughts.

It would indeed be very nice if we have more options to reward people. Can we also think on things we can reward these players??

Its kinda my point why im doing this, like you say just create a spreadsheet whilst this can easily be done in the game itself. Just a number behind the player with the number of rewards handed out to them.

Originally posted by maxvain View Post
            True wisdom is when you can simplify things not make them more complicated, as some people have here.
            When managing people with different personalities and goals, things must be seamless and transparent.

The only real thing that needs to change for sure
            1) Asst G.M.s should be able to summon tree and DA etc

Secondary change can be
            2) Maybe give Asst GMs and Officers a slight bonus exp at tree or something for their efforts in helping the guild. (Limit the number of them that can be appointed)
            (Too often their efforts and attendance rates goes unnoticed and under-appreciated)

In closing
            Guild chest can serve as a reward for the officers and Asst GM efforts but in my experience this is too heavily biased, for a healthy guild, truly everyone in a guild needs to feel appreciated for their efforts no matter what BR they have or how hard they can hit a ward tower. We let our chest stack to ~40 and then distribute to as many active people as we can all at once. Simple

JAXX
            KONG S-11
            US East
            Correct, with changing tasks and role for player and additional rewards I hope it will push players to help more, stand out more and thus make the guild as a whole better. With colors and reward make it more worth while to be a offi or agm.

Originally posted by ..PCZ.. View Post
            I played a game called CounterStrike. For the potty mouths was a thing called Llama them where everytime they type just came up Ooorgle Ooorgle Oorgle. was a temp for first offence and longer each time. This is junk that I cant mute ppl who talk stupid in game kinda ruins some fun..
            Mute can be a powerful tool if needed and would in my opinion be a useful tool

So far I appreciate all of you willing to give their point of view. So far we know for certain we want:

-AGM needs to be able to summon tree and DA
            -additional rewards due to success/effort

The additional info still remains a question and discussion so please go on.

A thought occurred to me is maybe a guild should be able to vote of no Confidence against the Guild leader. I been one guild where the G. M was not really interested in the guild and just sat all day in the atoll collecting Sylph Essences. I did leave the guild in the end but it would have to be probably started by an Assistant G. M and over half the members vote to have to G. M removed and the procedure for electing a new G. M starts as if they been absent for 10 days.

DarkMeph
            Now this is a difficult matter. Need to watch out these options cant be exploited by the members and thus throwing off a perfect active GM. In theory this should not happen, people usually are fine with their GM but conspiracy is easy to be done then.

This could be a solution for the guilds out there with such a GM but needs to be balanced and without flaws.
            Last edited by liquid_oxygen; 09-11-2014, 06:47 AM.
            if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
            then click on support

Comment

The other thing I did not think of with that is heat of moment where things go wrong and people get angry and press vote of no confidence button. I was trying to think of way of letting know the GL know that not happy with the way things are being done.

I agree the shared storage is a bad idea especially with items having level requirements.

Another idea occurred to me maybe players could have a guild reputation. There are some people who change guild nearly every day. Just indication in what they done in previous guild like Red - did nothing or very little, Amber - did help but not all the time and Green - This person very helpful. Gives you some idea of what the person was like before they join your guild.

DarkMeph

Comment

The other thing I did not think of with that is heat of moment where things go wrong and people get angry and press vote of no confidence button. I was trying to think of way of letting know the GL know that not happy with the way things are being done.

I agree the shared storage is a bad idea especially with items having level requirements.

Another idea occurred to me maybe players could have a guild reputation. There are some people who change guild nearly every day. Just indication in what they done in previous guild like Red - did nothing or very little, Amber - did help but not all the time and Green - This person very helpful. Gives you some idea of what the person was like before they join your guild.

DarkMeph
                Tho this could help in some cases but it could also be that a certain player wasn't liked or couldn't show his all in his last guild. Can you explain more how you would see this?

Also want to keep this thread alive and encourage other to also discuss it more.
                if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

then click on support

Comment

I was thinking maybe when they apply for a guild so that you get brief indication on what they did in the previous guild. (I knew I should have written it down) Bit like the friendliness levels so it marks out 100. 0-25 would be red 26-75 - would be amber and 76-100 green.

Helping other members in MPDs would give certain number of points. Contributing to a guild gives lower number of points. Attending the tree and energising the tree would give points. You lose points over time if not helping so you have to maintain what you are doing to increase level or keep in high. Keeping it high could be link to rewards not always giving items but maybe a damage or defence boost in Divine Altars.

I do think Divine Altars rewards need improving as you can do a lot and get minor rewards too. Some of the minor rewards are useful still.

DarkMeph

Comment

Ahh I see, then this would be a good suggestion. Link it automatically to some of the reward and maybe reset it every month to keep the members pushing.

Nice idea, keep them coming XD.

then click on support

Comment

Agm's need the ability to summon ToA and Alter and that is about it.

Your asking for trouble going down the road of "punishments". Gold removal/GB participation punishments can be abused. Most people who play this game now actually pay for the privelidge, having some other player able to detrimentaly effect your game is something that should not be implemented.
                      If this process was however done on an automated basis then that would be a different ball game. If I "racked" up punishment points and the "system" removed some privelidge's, that would be acceptable. But to allow 1 player or a group of players to "punish" with impunity is far beyond the scope of the G M or A G M's in my opinion.

As for keeping tabs on who does what for a guild that is nigh on impossible.
                      You participate in a GB and AFK the whole battle! Does that gain you as much as someone who kills 1 enemy then AFK's.
                      Then you have to compare low/high BR. Someone with 250k BR hits the ward tower 1 time and gains more points than an 80k BR player who actually fights enemy's for the whole battle, losing HP and troops at an alarming rate.

Some players help guildies through MP/Spire etc which is fine and dandy. But how do you keep track of this and more importantly how do you keep track of what they actually bring to the help?

In short, punishment and rewards should stay as they are at present. Further punishments/rewards could be implemented but should be done by the system, not individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                        Agm's need the ability to summon ToA and Alter and that is about it.

Your asking for trouble going down the road of "punishments". Gold removal/GB participation punishments can be abused. Most people who play this game now actually pay for the privelidge, having some other player able to detrimentaly effect your game is something that should not be implemented.
                        If this process was however done on an automated basis then that would be a different ball game. If I "racked" up punishment points and the "system" removed some privelidge's, that would be acceptable. But to allow 1 player or a group of players to "punish" with impunity is far beyond the scope of the G M or A G M's in my opinion.

As for keeping tabs on who does what for a guild that is nigh on impossible.
                        You participate in a GB and AFK the whole battle! Does that gain you as much as someone who kills 1 enemy then AFK's.
                        Then you have to compare low/high BR. Someone with 250k BR hits the ward tower 1 time and gains more points than an 80k BR player who actually fights enemy's for the whole battle, losing HP and troops at an alarming rate.

Some players help guildies through MP/Spire etc which is fine and dandy. But how do you keep track of this and more importantly how do you keep track of what they actually bring to the help?

In short, punishment and rewards should stay as they are at present. Further punishments/rewards could be implemented but should be done by the system, not individuals.

Automated ¨punishments¨ would just do fine but the boundaries needs to be set by the guild leader. Every leader wants to do it their way and one takes more than the other. Got to say indeed, fixed boundaries would be better than forcing the rules by the AGM or GM.

Well i personally like the idea but there has to be some factor in which stronger and weaker players will get the same points to make it fair.

The system knows when you are out of attempts and with who you enter a dungeon and which guild they are in so this shouldn't be that hard to do. Giving 1 point per guildy you are in the dungeon with?

then click on support

Comment

No one else that has idea's and comments??

then click on support

Comment

Not so sure on the punishment stuff but being able to assess a players contribution (not the gold contrib) to the guild would be really useful.

Would also like to see more things able to be done by assistants - having to burn or bolt dinner because ToA is due is an intrusion on my family stuff that I don't really want a game to make.

Comment

with cross server gb comming and seeing that if you leave/get kicked from your guild during the 7 weeks it is on you wont get rewards, imo only guild leaders should be able to kick people, or a new wave of abuse and complains will follow
                              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                                with cross server gb comming and seeing that if you leave/get kicked from your guild during the 7 weeks it is on you wont get rewards, imo only guild leaders should be able to kick people, or a new wave of abuse and complains will follow
                                That would indeed be very bad, but then again, the guild leader chooses his assistants and officers so for me this means i trust them with those perks. Abusing this would happen only once before the specific offi/agm will get thrown out him/herself.

But maybe it would be something for AGM and GM only as for me i trust those 100%. But how would we spread out some tasks for the entire guild staff?

then click on support

Comment

Working...
                                X