Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Island of Blessings Events: (????)? ??(ˆ?ˆ?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Island of Blessings Events: (????)? ??(ˆ?ˆ?)

We need a little bit of spark to island of blessing, some invaders like startglade events would be nice except dropping rainstone and possibly a couple other items or event item aligned with other events. creating this thread to get more specific on it and to avoid clutter, personally I still would like to see more times- linking thread to also help show data that yes lots of us like these ideas: This thread is mainly for mini events that could be done inside the gather area or turn in zones as well

Feel free to rep this suggestion as good or could be improved&vote +comment with your own desires for items /mobs would like to see please!
    Please omg yes!
    73.91%
    eh, its alright way it is
    26.09%
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 11-04-2014, 04:01 PM.

I'd say an event that lets the collectors get extra packs of a random color- that way those who actually bother to collect can get a unique benefit from it, without it being so good that you will have people going in and messing IoB up just to get said extra packs.

Comment

Maybe for the hard time rainstone collectors give them a lil extra reward for their hard working during Island Of Blessing.
      Letting the fire burn within me!

Comment

if your gonna do this add a 2nd time for iob like (15:30-16:30 server time) so more people can benifit and keep it a single enter event(like avernal realm) and dont make the mobs like s 1 hit wonder for the people who are op cashers make it do damage (5-10%) that what i think so there you go ^.^

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good but if the inavaders will be droping more rainstone's then we should also get legendary packs that it should be super hard to get and if u are lucky and manage to get them we should only be able to get 1-2 per IOB,

Comment

tbh this thread is ridiculous as far as i am concerned. all u have to do to spice up IOB is add a 3 minute afk timer like sengolia. I bet ppl start playing it or won't go in. on s74 all phillinos play so make deals who gets purple rain. i dont speak it but i get the gist, no1 atk so blue always gets purple rain packs. way to screw the system.
            i hate it tbh, and can only legitimately do iob once a week so yeah no point changing iob, while every1 gets purple packs that log alts in to check color b4 they get on blue side so they cheat the system. better to just remove iob so exploits dont continue because for a pvp perspective its not pvp. 1 side gathers just get lucky to be on that side or exploit

Comment

Originally posted by FateAverruncus View Post
              hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good but if the inavaders will be droping more rainstone's then we should also get legendary packs that it should be super hard to get and if u are lucky and manage to get them we should only be able to get 1-2 per IOB,
              And those should then have unbound good stf in!

Originally posted by wulfgang1982 View Post
              tbh this thread is ridiculous as far as i am concerned. all u have to do to spice up IOB is add a 3 minute afk timer like sengolia. I bet ppl start playing it or won't go in. on s74 all phillinos play so make deals who gets purple rain. i dont speak it but i get the gist, no1 atk so blue always gets purple rain packs. way to screw the system.
              i hate it tbh, and can only legitimately do iob once a week so yeah no point changing iob, while every1 gets purple packs that log alts in to check color b4 they get on blue side so they cheat the system. better to just remove iob so exploits dont continue because for a pvp perspective its not pvp. 1 side gathers just get lucky to be on that side or exploit
              That happens on all servers already and was one of the reasons why the items were bound. IF they did that id home they would unbind them and revert to the old system. However if all those people began moving, the lag would be just terrible as well as the actual event itself (with large numbers) is rather boreing for average players and it is the alts that make people go!
              Last edited by Reverie; 11-08-2014, 12:11 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

you're lucky to get purple packs at all - our server stops them at yellow and kills anyone (on either team) who tries to make it purple - has nothing to do with teams or PVP - its totally about the 1% controlling the 99% - they have their wings and simply dont want others to upgrade - they always say "soul shard is most fair" - kiss my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by R2142020 View Post
                  you're lucky to get purple packs at all - our server stops them at yellow and kills anyone (on either team) who tries to make it purple - has nothing to do with teams or PVP - its totally about the 1% controlling the 99% - they have their wings and simply dont want others to upgrade - they always say "soul shard is most fair" - kiss my butt.
                  They aren't wrong, pixie/soul will do more wonders than wings ever could which is why I sold all mine when they were unbound in iob for frag monies :P
                  'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by R2142020 View Post
                    soul shard is a greater reward than the contents of the purple packs The solution is simple. Switch the contents of the purple packs with contents of yellow pack and put in an auto count to stop the holding of stones. Whether r2 is willing to make those revisions is unknown!

Comment

invaders that drops stones for early packs #13

Comment

I am very late in seeing this thread but I decided to post to it anyway and hope enough people will see this.

IOB strikes a real sore spot with me. I used to think that other servers still did PVP in IOB but after reading this thread, I realize it is not just my server that has so much drama over IOB. Putting new things in IOB would be nice, but one of the biggest reasons that IOB does not have the "spark" now is because people have taken the PVP out of IOB and are no longer motivated because "a side is chosen to pick first even before entering the battlezone" so why bother when it is easier to let somebody else do the collecting and still get the same rewards!

1. There is nothing hard about picking stones when a side is already chosen to pick first. R2 put this event into the game as PVP, but in saying which side will pick first (will not use the word "win" because there is no contest in doing this) b4 u enter the battlezone removes the rivalry of PVP from this event. Anybody who enters and tries to PVP are trashed, accused of "messing up IOB", and become hated players when all they are doing is playing a game the way R2 intended it to be played!

2. Soul shards are the most wanted items and are the greatest reward u can get from this event. Yellow packs contain the soul shard and are in the 4th position in the order of pack rewards. My biggest "peeve" here is in order to get to the purple pack, you need to pick enough to get past the yellow packs and that is almost impossible when the majority of the team will stop picking stones once they get to the yellow rewards. AND what ticks me off the most is players who want to get some purple packs and have helped to collect the stones toward the yellow rain get no help from their team who stop picking once the packs are upgraded to yellow!!!

3. If a player wants purple packs the only way they can now get is to hold the first 30 stones they pick and wait until packs are upgraded to yellow then turn in those 30 stones and again the problem here is when stones are turned in to soon, they system will upgrade to purple b4 any yellow packs are received. This causes even more drama, name calling, hating, and trashing a player AND this is harrassment!

4. When stones are held in order to receive the purple packs, it also causes those players who want ALL yellow to hold stones. So the time u spent collecting is wasted and results in the entire server either getting all white packs or at the most will be upgraded to green until the last minute and turn in just in at the last sec to receive 1 yellow.

5. Without PVP in this event, there is no motivation to help with the rainstones, so people become lazy and enter IOB and plop their toon while sombody else does all the work to collect those stones. I am guilty of doing that same thing. There are also other reasons a person will not pick such as things irl need to be done which is understandable since we all have a real life.

I would like to see the following changes in IOB

1. Switch the contents of the purple packs to yellow and vice versa. (People will begin to receive purple packs)
                        2. Create an auto counter to count stones as they are picked. (Stops the holding of stones so that packs are upgraded according to amount of stones that are picked)
                        Last edited by raizencain; 06-22-2015, 08:40 PM. Reason: Edited to ADD: @Moderator: If this post does not belong here please let me know and i will start a new thread with it.

Comment

Originally posted by raizencain View Post
                          Rlly good but edited out for length
                          Hmmm im visiting and look what i see.....

I would love the idea of reviving it, it was meant for a pvp event but people are exploiting something in a way to get one team winning each and every day, i am sure that was not the original intentions of the web masters upon releasing the mentioned event... it did have potential but in its current state it is honestly wasted potential. In all honesty it needs a revamp that will get players up and fighting to at least try to get rainstones... like maybe extra rewards for individual pickers, top picker of the team or something...

Stones should automatically be turned in upon returning to your zone, an idea that will save a great amount of time isn't most of the game centered around being a pvp action game? If not i would still think that stones being turned in automatically would greatly help preserve time that could be used inside the zone fighting, as well as stopping hoarders from stashing stones... for example the glitch where you can send stones to your temp storage and i have a picture of my alt having 1000+ stones ( of course i deleted the alt after ) But it was just an example... There should also be a limit on how many stones are turned in equal to the amount of stones that spawn in the set time frames to prevent other people who i am sure have alts with stones stashed from exploiting it further... Also people in the zone should get an announcement when the packs are upgraded like in land grab...

Soul shards should be added to purple packs so that players are not whining arguing and complaining, "Drama Saga"

Players who afk in iob should be automatically kicked... but by the same token players who disconnect should be able to re-connect within 3 minutes at least once per game.

Players should be able to choose previous packs to get, for example if the rainstones count is at 120... You should be able to pick and get say...

4 white packs
                          3 blue backs
                          2 green packs
                          1 yellow pack
                          1 purple pack

Or even if its just one pack it would still help players even though its not wrong to fight for what they want such as i am one of those players who would fight for purple even if just about my whole team does not want it and few friends do.

Pvp should be put back into the event.... that could be possible by...

Extra rewards for top pickers such as more soul shards or even gold.
                          No rewards for players who dont even try ... if you dont go in the zone within say 1 minute you get kicked less rewards or punished for inactivity.
                          A exhaustion feature where if a team does not have over X rainstones by a certain time... they cannot reach a certain pack

Im sure the original reason they made RED team wins today was because of another exploit where you can have all your alts on red every day..... That is where i am sure the picking teams per win each day originated.

Now i don't even really play the game anymore.... but these are some ideas to fix the mess of drama known as IoB
                          Originally posted by iTz_SoN
                          I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
                          I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

Originally posted by raizencain View Post
                            soul shard is a greater reward than the contents of the purple packs The solution is simple. Switch the contents of the purple packs with contents of yellow pack and put in an auto count to stop the holding of stones. Whether r2 is willing to make those revisions is unknown!
                            ###Necro threads FTW

Comment

Originally posted by wulfgang1982 View Post
                              ###Necro threads FTW
                              Ehh a moderator made the thread sure its dead but because of the recent changes to The corruption because of players suggestions, this is as good of a time as ever for this thread to be revived
                              Originally posted by iTz_SoN
                              I will murder everyone I see in GR regardless of level.
                              I treat all players equally - so they all die.

Comment

Working...
                              X