Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

World Boss and Mages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Boss and Mages

So I am a level 49 mage, around 33k battle ratingapprox 10k Matk.
    In world boss I average around 18-20k per round. I am falling behind players of lower level and lower battle rating than myself. I know that in some cases, players can be spending balens. I know some first hand that a friend of mine (knight br 29) does greater damage to world boss than I do. I have tried having my troops behind and in front, neither give significant differences although having them in the rear is slightly better.

I use a crit astral (orange lv 3) during world boss and a determination astral (purple lv 3).
    I go between thunderer and lightning bolt, and double attack (auto & skill) during the times I use LB.

I feel as though I should at least be on par with those of my BR and better than those who are not- or is this not the way because I am playing a mage character?
    Getting a little frustrated with it and feeling as though I am missing something that could help me see better results.
    Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Most of the players have double skills so they are lower in BR but have there att spells higther then you.That make a great difference.

Comment

well there are many different reasons why some make more dmg than others, especially class differences.

Knights usually get more gold, until mages have a high level thunderer.
      Differences can exist between: sylphs, skills, level, astrals, lag and equipment set etc etc.
      Are you dying at wb from ultimate hit (over few 100k dmg) or from normal attacks? if its from normal attacks i think tahts the difference, knights can faster survive wb till the end before the ultimate hit.

a purple determination is quite useless, dont really think that helps a lot. Are you criting enough? Does that knight have a sylph or has pvp or pve set?
      Maybe your friend uses atk pots or scrolls.
      We cant really explain your differences but we can give tips to get more gold:
      Gaia/eve or amazon queen sylph, orange determination, using runes.

Comment

Yes, I am lasting until last hit 9/10 with troops in rear, and all the time with troops in front.

I do feel I crit often enough, maybe between 60-70%. I crit a lot more in WB/BG than anywhere else, outside of WB I use Orange Will Destroyer.
        My knight friend has pve set, may use pots, but I sometimes do too.

I just turned 50 and am still in the process of getting my slyphs (something thats new to me too, last time I played a couple years ago this wasn't part of the game!)

Thanks for your input.

Comment

I have to say what fenrir says, get better astrals (and templars now that you are level 50).
          And yes, mages have the lowest dps because thunderer has a slow casting speed.
          That shouldn't discourage you since after level 50, you can get same advantage with sylphs.

I use rage rune to throw more thunderers, of course combined with good cloths and rage set.
          May not be the best way but it works for me. Try comparing that with what your friend use.
          Note that cloths don't add BR (initially), so thats probably why they do better.
          Last edited by laba-laba; 11-23-2014, 03:55 PM.
          [morfinnor]
          Temple of Ibalize

Comment

your friend has a pve set, but do you have pve set too? the pvp set may seem good cz of the 1k ignore def bonus, but wb has 0 def so that doesnt matter. when you get the rage bonus from pve you can do way more dmg.

That you crit enough in wb is good, although like i said a purple determination is just bad so try to get an orange one asap. There are many factors influencing dmg at wb, 4k br difference, doesnt seem significant to me.

templars are a nice extra so that will help you going bit more dmg in wb. once you have leveld it try to get enlightment to increase matk

Comment

i'm still learning playing with my mage but here is what i'm focusing on :guild skills and astrals mainly. Make sure that you're guild skills are maxed ( i don't know if you have them maxed or not ), and then keep working on astrals so that you can get orange and red and upgrade them as well.
              By the way, what lvl are your gems at? Now that you are lvl50 you can start working on your sylph as well because they are a big help .
              Brutality rune is what i use for when i pop in either my delphic or sylph's for bigger dmg .
              Money only serves the superficial things in life.

I'm Silentx3Step, originaly from 477, which was later merged with a few others and i'm not a dude!

Comment

Originally posted by R2105833169 View Post
                So I am a level 49 mage, around 33k battle ratingapprox 10k Matk.
                In world boss I average around 18-20k per round. I am falling behind players of lower level and lower battle rating than myself. I know that in some cases, players can be spending balens. I know some first hand that a friend of mine (knight br 29) does greater damage to world boss than I do. I have tried having my troops behind and in front, neither give significant differences although having them in the rear is slightly better.

I use a crit astral (orange lv 3) during world boss and a determination astral (purple lv 3).
                I go between thunderer and lightning bolt, and double attack (auto & skill) during the times I use LB.

I feel as though I should at least be on par with those of my BR and better than those who are not- or is this not the way because I am playing a mage character?
                Getting a little frustrated with it and feeling as though I am missing something that could help me see better results.
                Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
                You May want to look up speed casting in youtube videoes.

Comment

Working...
                X