Wartune Weekly Maintenance 12/16 @ 3:30 AM EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Just wondering, is this removal of arena sets temporary (will be restored after equipment exchange event) or permanent?

As you could have imagined, there are people who strive to improve, but lack the power or team to get their PvE set done easily. These people would probably have to wear their PvP sets while they work on their PvE sets. Without access to an arena set, they would be forced to wear outdated lvl20 or lvl30 gears, or the blue, green or white gears from dungeon drops while working on their 40, 50 or 60 sets, which puts them in greater disadvantage and further behind their peers. Even as a strong player, they still benefit greatly from the easily obtainable arena sets, especially for knights, who don't suffer significant rage starvation without PvE sets. Please consider adding the arena sets back. They have been with us for long and generally preferable. We love the game, and love the good things in it. Arena set is one good thing that we don't want it to disappear.
    I made every single set, both pvp and pve, starting with level 20.
    Only thing you need arena set for is to do arena for insignias to purchase shards.
    We don't need it anymore with everything much cheaper.
    I'm not sure how it works right now, but new character maybe given
    away a free cloth piece, that's good as any for starting rage.
    [morfinnor]
    Temple of Ibalize

Comment

• Maybe, but what will happen to some newbie/new character who just started in old/merged server? For them it will be hard to get good equipment before they can really get good PVP/E set.So, how about they give us/them (new character) some loids and cloth piece etc until they reached lv.35 or something like that. And for some reason this makes not much sense anyways

Comment

• Agreed on returning arena armor. We lvl way too fast and have to work way too hard to make cata token gear until 50+ and it slows down a bit as long as ppl stop doing mp's, campaigns, and other quests that give huge amounts of xp. The arena gear was the easiest set to get and more acquired by players until they reached a specific level to focus on legendary. Removing that option was a huge mistake.
        ;)Kintara S243 CutiePatootie S560:o

Comment

• Depends on your class and strength, but generally speaking, medium and low players or those who are in dead guilds can't get PvE sets above lvl30 easily, because they are either too weak or got nobody to run with them to get MPDs done nor able to get many insignias from arena, BG or GB (if their guild is in GB at all). You could argue that weaklings don't deserve to live on, but they are the majority, and they comprise the Wartune community. Without them, the big guys won't stay and spend either. Eventually every server will be dead to the point where the big guys also need to beg the little guys to run with them even though they know the little ones are just tagalongs who can't do much. As for lvl20 and lvl30 gears, they are basically giveaways, but they are not useful unless you want to camp under lvl40 for like half a year so you could be strong enough to solo lvl40 nightmare dungeons and don't need team to get your sets done. But if you camp levels for that long, you could just do without any gears, so these low level sets make no difference to you any ways.

People left game (including the bigger guys in the 300-500k range) because it's too tough to get things done and they got nobody to help them (too strong to have equal or higher powers to run with, or too weak to get team and the big guys don't help them). Removing arena sets worsens this situation. It makes the early days tougher for newer players and widens the power gap. It also puts more burden on the bigger players who are willing to help smaller guys and the giants who are too big to have peers and have no choice but run with smaller guys or solo group runs. Carrying or being carried, not helping or not getting help, all those are negative experience and makes more people leave the game. It's a worse situation for both the high and low ends in this game. Unless the game gives easier access to the legendary sets, the outcome is not desirable.

My main is a knight (minimal spender). I never did any PvE set except for lvl70 & lvl80 sets and saved all the materials and HP costs (I didn't activate spirit covenant until I started doing 70 set) along the way. I never did MPD until lvl70, used a crypt key to blitz the Crypt for only 1 day per week, and never did WB or TOK until I had 160k+ br without sylph or blessing. I don't have much edge against level campers and bigger spenders, but basically no disadvantage against those who don't spend more time or money but have lvl60 legendary set. Without the venerable 55 set I could probably never do that, and had probably left game after lvl40 because I started late and everyone was 30+ levels above me when I was lvl40. I'm not a hardworking or top player, but a lasting one. 40% of the top guys from that server had left game, but most of the "lazy players" stayed along and still renew their VIP even though they didn't play much over the 2 years they spent on this game. Many still have no PvE set at all, but they still play because they can relax and continue playing without sacrificing their personal time in real life. I didn't do much group runs in the past because I didn't want to be a burden to the big guys 30-40 levels above me. Now I'm lvl80, I hope I don't have to run Void NM 20 times a day because the newbies have no access to arena sets and have to rely on the bigger guys to finish their PvE sets. Being a burden or being burdened, neither is good experience and makes life harder in game.

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
          I made every single set, both pvp and pve, starting with level 20.
          Only thing you need arena set for is to do arena for insignias to purchase shards.
          We don't need it anymore with everything much cheaper.
          I'm not sure how it works right now, but new character maybe given
          away a free cloth piece, that's good as any for starting rage.

Comment

Working...
          X