[Guide] Grand Lottery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 198989898989898 View Post
    when does the lottery thing start wat date?
    It started on the 17th I do believe may of been 16th though.

Comment

Hi Emma , I got a question, can you tell me pls how long will this lottery lasts cause my friend told me something like forever or so... pls answer in inbox or here, Tnx in advance.?
      Knight 38 Partizanka
      Server 556 Guild BlackDawn

Comment

think i talk for some when i say: how much time we will have this lottery thing?
        Server: S226 Shiver Howl
        Character: çrash
        Class: Mage
        Guild: Styx

The rest is confidential

Comment

i know these games are only about money. you have the right to make your money from entertaining me and i have no issue with that. My issue is that these games do no allow intergration of new players into existing servers. instead of merging servers over and over again. Make it possible for new players to come into existing ones. on server 46 and 53, there are only a handful of active players at this time. getting help from people is getting harder and harder. Maybe allow rewards for players that help others, maybe an honor system that rewards helping. i dont have an answer but 1 suggestion, stop starting new servers and service the ones you have that are dying.

Comment

how long have this event?

Comment

Coin of Ancestry Exchange

Duration: 1/21 - 1/27 23:59 (Server Time)

Description: Collect Coin of Ancestry and exchange them for rare rewards.
              Exchange Ancient Horn x1 for Expert Summoner's Kit x8
              Exchange Ancient Horn x1 for Sylph Equipment Shard x50
              Exchange Ancient Horn x2 for Lvl. 6 Crystaloid x70
              Exchange Ancient Horn x2 Burning Ember Wings x1
              Exchange Ancient Horn x3 for Medusa Seal(Green) x1
              Exchange Ancient Horn x8 for Light of Apollo x1

lmao in coin exchange u writing ancient horn *** is that???? and 8 coins for blue shylp gear are you guys out of your senses lol most guys hv full gear for their 2-3 shylps and u giving a belt for 8 coin make some senses in exchange.

Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-21-2015, 05:29 AM. Reason: resizing

Comment

Originally posted by nilin89 View Post
                100k gold for 1/12 chance of getting 50 bound balens
                a=first 12,b=second 12,to choose a winning pair for 500 bound balens,the chance is 1/[(a*b)*[(a*b)-1]]/2=1/[(144*143)/2]=1/10926
                i DO NOT recommend you using same pair everyday because of the tiny odds..good luck all!
                Strange maths!
                Firstly, 100k gold for 1/6 chance of getting 50 bound balens. 1/12 + 1/12 = 2/12 = 1/6 (I think my maths is letting me down somewhere here, but I don't know where... but the next bit I'm sure of
                Secondly the chance of 500 bound balens is 1/12 x 1/12 = 1/144 (Like getting two heads when throwing two fair coins, the chance is one in four, or 1/2 x 1/2. Your formula somehow gives this as 1/6!)

kk, I know balens are worth a bit more than bound balens, but still those odds mean that on average you will spend 6 balens to get 100, and 144 to get 1000 (or in gold, 600k for 50 and 14.4M to get 500)

I've no idea what you'll earn in a year, that maths is beyond me...

P.S. oh yeah! that top one you're supposed to reverse it, aren't you? So the chance of failing on both is 11/12 x 11/12 = 121/144 therefore the chance of winning is 23/144, right? And that's a little bit worse than 1/6 but not much...
                Last edited by CallieM; 01-22-2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CallieM View Post
                  Strange maths!
                  Firstly, 100k gold for 1/6 chance of getting 50 bound balens. 1/12 + 1/12 = 2/12 = 1/6 (I think my maths is letting me down somewhere here, but I don't know where... but the next bit I'm sure of
                  Secondly the chance of 500 bound balens is 1/12 x 1/12 = 1/144 (Like getting two heads when throwing two fair coins, the chance is one in four, or 1/2 x 1/2. Your formula somehow gives this as 1/6!)

kk, I know balens are worth a bit more than bound balens, but still those odds mean that on average you will spend 6 balens to get 100, and 144 to get 1000 (or in gold, 600k for 50 and 14.4M to get 500)

I've no idea what you'll earn in a year, that maths is beyond me...

P.S. oh yeah! that top one you're supposed to reverse it, aren't you? So the chance of failing on both is 11/12 x 11/12 = 121/144 therefore the chance of winning is 23/144, right? And that's a little bit worse than 1/6 but not much...
                  I shall point it out for you:
                  Nope, definitely still 1/12 for 50 balens if you do 100k gold. Sample size doubles as well in just 1 instant draw of 2 icons. So it is 2/24 = 1/12.
                  The only case where it goes to 1/6 is when you draw twice from the same sample size and either one that matches will count.

But you got it right that 2 get both, it would be 1/144 possibility.
                  "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
                  Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
                  Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

I see your lucky to be 1/10926

Comment

post deleted
                      Last edited by nilin89; 01-31-2015, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nilin89 View Post
                        ok,i see where this is going but still,i need to clarify "my math" and why it "IS" not wrong..I'm using the formula of combination without repetition(n choose r),which is the same for most lotteries..it is also known as the binomial coefficient where "n" is the number to choose from and we choose "r" of them.(n=first 12 icons x second 12 icons,r= one pair wich makes 2 icons)>>(144 choose 2)>>144*(144-1)/1*2=10926>>chance to get 500 bb is 1/10926..if still confused,pls check this link http://www.mathsisfun.com/combinator...mutations.html
                        I do belive you have to read mathisfun.com once more. Because you got it all wrong.
                        Or you can do it the "hard" way.
                        Take the first character in the first window. How many pairs can you make with this one?
                        Take so the second one and do the same. And so on...
                        When you have done that with all the character in the first window against the secon one, add every pair you have.
                        Then you got the true answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Imonseph View Post
                          I shall point it out for you:
                          Nope, definitely still 1/12 for 50 balens if you do 100k gold. Sample size doubles as well in just 1 instant draw of 2 icons. So it is 2/24 = 1/12.
                          The only case where it goes to 1/6 is when you draw twice from the same sample size and either one that matches will count.

But you got it right that 2 get both, it would be 1/144 possibility.
                          Thanks!! Except I'm drawing once from a sample size of 12, and then again from a sample size of 12, not twice from a sample size of 24. And either one that matches will count. So why is it not your second line?

edit: oh, except that it will never be 1/6 because they are different samples, and you have to remove the situation where you get both, thus less than 1/6...
                          Last edited by CallieM; 02-03-2015, 04:29 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                          X