No announcement yet.

About Mages and Electro Resistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you are in hero mode, your opponent's highest resistance type is used to reduce the damage you inflict (and yes I've tested that in duels - high electro res means less damage, even if no one is using eve/hercules). So if someone has super high res in one element, they will cut your damage down by 90%. Their res must be >= your res reduce + 770 (or so) to max the reduction, though. Once you sylph, then it becomes based on the actual element type you're using, so you may do huge damage if they have low res in that element.
    I wasn't able to tell what res comes into play when your opponent is in sylph mode and you are not. Seems like it might work differently, but I would need to do a lot more testing, since base def is higher in sylph mode.

Also remember that anyone who has titanic resistance like that will also have a huge boost to res reduction, giving a big advantage in damage potential.

Other factors that might play a part: better medallion, better multiplier astrals

So, my guess is that player has all 5 dimensions the same type, mostly advanced and/or expert. Whatever element it is should do next to nothing in sylph mode too, though, so if all 6 types can do decent damage when sylphed, there may be something else going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullofsass View Post
      You seem to be calling everyone a fool who does not agree with you. You were outplayed because you did not build your dimensions. The others on the bg most likely also took the time to read about dimensions rather than sit on the forums and whine. Fine Im a fool ...see you won that one, that will help your wounded ego.
      Since you know everything, I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why it's only for a few turns. If it was due to dimension, it would be for the whole fight, not just the first 5-6 turns. You keep saying it's because of dimension, yet you fail in explaining that simply fact I just pointed out.

Comment

It's funny how everyone is trying to find reasons with astras, resistance, dimensions, etc....yet, NO ONE has explained the fact that it only last the first 5 or 6 rounds...which makes all your arguments invalid. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
          So many noobs play this game... LB and thunderer are electro element skill that's why you were not doing damage even if u used a cerberus (and that's why u killed him easy after pet), instead of calling cheater all the time try to learn how this game works, test some stuff etc.
          Light bolt and thunderer aren't electro based skill. They are MATK
          Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
            Light bolt and thunderer aren't electro based skill. They are MATK
            Will share how i did those test then u let me know ur idea, mine is something in between what i said and what mrfancy said.

1st pvp me hercules+electro res, opponent fire pet, no damage from lb/thunderer
            2nd pvp me hercules but removed electro res, opponent with fire pet did more damage
            3rd pvp me with triton+converted res to water (basically same as 1st pvp but with water res instead of electro), opponent with fire pet, more damage then 1st pvp but less then 2nd.

My problem with what mrfancy said is that he was doing more damage on 3rd pvp then of 1st, there are a few possible explanation but i'm too lazy so feel free to test urself and lemme know ^^
            Last edited by SlowPlay; 02-04-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

i had a good laugh reading this thread, so many clueless people.
              only 1 guy got it right but everyone else ignoref his post.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Yeah so...someone pointed this out earlier in the thread, but I believe it was ignored.

How res works is bugged pre-slyph. It works like it used to on Sky Trail. Your highest res, no matter the type, is used to calculate damage reduction before awakening. So if you have 1000 electro res and you're fighting a dark slyph, their attacks will be pretty weak until awaken. Then dmg will go "back to normal".

Res from dimensions needed to be nerfed. Long fights are not fun. Imagine both of you have 1500 electro res and are using herc. Now also take into account how res is currently bugged in pvp. Does that sound fun? No, it does not. Look at the big picture and stop whining because you can no longer kill people with a huge BR advantage on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                  I have 420K BR. I almost beat some 500K players, but, for some reason I can't kill that 330K archer with way lower stats than me, even went on his server and my resistances are higher. He wasn't on dryads because I fought him a lot of times and he even got MVP. Call me noob all you want, this doesn't make sense.
                  Same as here , im well builded Mage without fake BR , i can parry to some 500K br players , and whats the best part of all all those guys i fight in Battleground i see in team Arena and whipe them out , they are not strong in Arena, only in BG.
                  Alchemist

S-287
                  1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                    Yeah so...someone pointed this out earlier in the thread, but I believe it was ignored.

How res works is bugged pre-slyph. It works like it used to on Sky Trail. Your highest res, no matter the type, is used to calculate damage reduction before awakening. So if you have 1000 electro res and you're fighting a dark slyph, their attacks will be pretty weak until awaken. Then dmg will go "back to normal".

Res from dimensions needed to be nerfed. Long fights are not fun. Imagine both of you have 1500 electro res and are using herc. Now also take into account how res is currently bugged in pvp. Does that sound fun? No, it does not. Look at the big picture and stop whining because you can no longer kill people with a huge BR advantage on you.
                    Ok, that makes sense....thank you for that answer. However, how come I have seen only 2 or 3 players out of the dozens and dozens we faced on a daily basis? Kinda weird to me that only a very very few number of players have that going on for them. Anyways, I will give the benefit of the doubt based on that answer that makes sense and I will apologize to Dunn next time I see him in bg.

Comment

OK.. so if i have understand it well.. u say i can stack my Fire ressistance to 1k and all damage i get will be low??? no mather who atack me?? until he goes to sylph mode right?? and all damage i inflict to oponent will be doubled??

i just dont understand how they can do that... i have ress to lol..
                      Alchemist

S-287
                      1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
                        OK.. so if i have understand it well.. u say i can stack my Fire ressistance to 1k and all damage i get will be low??? no mather who atack me?? until he goes to sylph mode right?? and all damage i inflict to oponent will be doubled??

i got 2 adv light and 3 light int and i can get it to 900 with res crystals and dim res so it u got that u acn easy get 1k it is the free elemetes for they give 200 more res is u use the same pet as res

Comment

Your res has nothing to do with damage dealt--only with damage taken. Reread the concept, ignore the quick and dirty example.

Comment

Your res has nothing to do with damage dealt--only with damage taken. Reread the concept, ignore the quick and dirty example.
                            I know that.
                            Ok then explain single arow hit with 30K damage on me...... will stones lvl ??? i know much ppl with lvl 6 will stones and still dont do 30K damage to me...

Btw my electro ress is close to 400.. and that guy use Herc.
                            Alchemist

S-287
                            1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post

You're forgetting the res reduce stat - for example, I have 860 electro res, more than enough to max my damage reduction, but I also have 556 reduce res, which means that if I were facing a clone of myself, it's a net 304 resistance, which is good but not huge, more like an extra 35% or so.
                              If you have 1k max resistance, and your opponent only has ~200 reduce res, then yes, you won't be taking much damage. But that only lasts until sylph time, unless you're up against another fire sylph. Any other element, you probably won't have enough res to be significant (unless you have 5 advanced/expert dimensions, then you might have 2 element strengths).

And about my earlier tests, I only did a cursory run, confirming that adding or removing from my max res changed damage, regardless of what sylph I or my opponent was using, so there could be more to it, if SlowPlay's testing was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgaard View Post
                                Since you know everything, I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why it's only for a few turns. If it was due to dimension, it would be for the whole fight, not just the first 5-6 turns. You keep saying it's because of dimension, yet you fail in explaining that simply fact I just pointed out.
                                I believe it has been explained to you many times here.
                                Last edited by Fullofsass; 02-06-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X