Get Adobe Flash Player。

Get Adobe Flash Player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How To Stay Safe!

[Guide] How To Stay Safe!

A month ago, I arrived home from being out all day long. When I come to see that my character had been deleted, which really sucked... I have been inspired to write a guide to not only stress, but to keep others to stay safe, and not go through what I have.

Table of Contents
    1. Ground Rules
    2. Character Locks
    3. Practical Scenarios
    i) Scenario 1
    ii) Scenario 2
    Shoutouts!

Ground Rules

1. Do not share your account with anyone.
    2. Use at least 8 characters when choosing your password. In addition, I believe you should also add not only characters, but numbers as well within your password. It will further enchance the security of your account.
    3. Change your password regularly.
    4. Complete your personal information. This will help us if you ever lose your account. Incase you ever lose your account information, I would
    advise you use your personal information as it will be a lot easier for R2 to recognize you.
    5. R2Games will never ask you for your password.
    6. All official R2Games promotions will be posted here and only here. Do not trust any alternative sites.
    This can be found by visiting, http://www.r2games.com/FAQ/ProtectAccount

Character Locks
    As some of you may have noticed, when you log into your character there is an option below your character defined as "Set Character Lock". I cannot stress how useful this feature is and the more security within your account the better right? Here are a few pictures to illustrate how to set a character lock.
    Name:  Security Locks.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  83.9 KB
    Name:  Security Locks 2.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  87.6 KB

As you can see a character security lock is basically another security feature to protect the actual character on the account itself. You can basically think of it as a 2nd password.

Practical Scenarios
    I would like to present, and illustrate to you scenarios which you may end up in, and the results of each scenario.

Scenario 1
    Name:  Scenario 1 Part 1.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  26.1 KBName:  Scenario 1 Part 2.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  28.1 KBName:  Scenario 1 Part 3.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  24.9 KB

If we refer back up to the first part of my guide in the Ground Rules section. The first rule indicates that we must? Do not share your account with anyone. No matter what the cost or gain is never give your information to anyone.

Scenario 2
    Name:  Scenario 2 Part 1.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  25.8 KBName:  Scenario 2 Part 2.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  28.3 KBName:  Scenario 2 Part 3.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  72.5 KBName:  Scenario 2 Part 4.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  29.6 KBName:  Scenario 2 Part 5.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  30.9 KBName:  Scenario 2 Part 6.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  35.8 KB

As you can see above in the illustrations, the potential hacker opened up by asking for your email, and password. Again, if we refer to the 1st step in the Ground Rules section. Do not share your account with anyone. In addition, to this there are one of three ways to go about the situation. If you take a look at the 2nd picture, you can see that you can view the character. By doing so, you can see if it was actually your friend that is asking for your password. Although, even if it was its recommended to not give them your password regardless. As you can see the potential hacker is a level 1 character, and not only that it does not compare to my friends character within the last picture, no gear, wings etc. Thus goes to show, that he's just looking out to devour of whom he can by hacking your character. The second way you can go about the situation is by using the newly added report feature. This will inform R2 that someone is either abusing bugs, whether the person is a potential hacker, and so on. So that R2 can permanently get rid of the person, and prevent anyone from potentially being hacked by the person. And the third way you can go about the sitation is to completly ignore the person as you can see the option is there.

Shoutouts!

I would like to give a shoutout to Demonicloser from Zensho Island for helping me develop the scenarios. And I would also like to give a shoutout to Mavis. Also, from Zensho Island for helping me with images. Please feel free to comment, give me your ideas, and input if any. Thank you!

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please be noted to check.
    Server Name: Zensho Island
    Character Name: Estset
    Class: Knight
    Level: 70
    Plane: Eidolon
    Wings: Extreme Angel Lord Wings +1
    Nobility: King
    Guild: Dragon

Guides

You can never be too safe! Check out my guide: How To Stay Safe!

Are you confuzzled about how stat percentages work on CS? Do you believe you are not getting the desired stats you should be? Check out my guide on Stat Percentages here! : A Brief Guide On Stat Percentages

Nice guide est.
    I will try that character lock feature; never thought i needed it but the more security the better.
    Server: Zensho Island
    Character name: nitro001
    Class: Holy Priest
    Plane: Scion
    LVL: 80
    Guild: Prodigy
    Position: Assistant-GM
    Guide :How to be op after rebirth. all classes.

Herald of Harkenings demonicloser is just another poster. For now....
    GREAT JOB EST and im always happy to help a good friend
    server:zensho island
    ign:demonicloser
    character:lvl 7# hybrid priest
    guild:Heroic
    guild position:Guild Master

Priest of Pontifications Annonymus is just another poster. For now.... Annonymus's Avatar
    Guide on how to stay safe: Use condoms, and if you're a girl lots of birth control pills too.
    My childhood♥: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEsr...eature=related

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...52305_460s.jpg

"All I will ever believe, is the pounding of my heart, though it doesn't answer questions, that's just the way it goes. All I will ever have faith in, is the beating in my chest, it won't predict tomorrow or give me eternal rest."

My workout song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

I have learned how to make ninja posts ~_~

@Nitro/Demonicloser, Thanks for the comments guys. @Annoymous, Hey we're straying to a whole different topic here haha. And that's what we have Health class for xD

Guides

Are you confuzzled about how stat percentages work on CS? Do you believe you are not getting the desired stats you should be? Check out my guide on Stat Percentages here! : A Brief Guide On Stat Percentages

Squire of Statements Profe is just another poster. For now.... Profe's Avatar
    Ahaha awesome guide Est
    I was fooled by the Lv.1 DemonicIoser lol! I really thought it was the demoni we know x3
    As above...

CRYSTAL SAGA
    ♦ Server: (S9)Zensho Island ♦
    ♦ IGN: (S9)Mavis ♦
    ♦ Class: Priest ♦
    ♦ Level: 65 ♦
    ♦ Plane: Scion ♦
    ♦ Rank: Viceroy ♦
    ♦ Guild: (S9)FallenAngels ♦

WARTUNE
    ♦ Server: [S40]The Badlands ♦
    ♦ IGN: Kari
    ♦ Class: Ranger ♦
    ♦ Level: 42 ♦
    ♦ Guild: MostWanteD ♦
    ---------------
    |My Deviantart|
    ::My Guides::
    | Raising Your Honor/Nobility | Surviving the Training Grounds |

...so below.

Herald of Harkenings demonicloser is just another poster. For now....
    wait what? i only attacked est O.o lol
    server:zensho island
    ign:demonicloser
    character:lvl 7# hybrid priest
    guild:Heroic
    guild position:Guild Master

Yea there have been a lot of complaints about people being scammed the same way in the scenarios lol. Hence the usefulness of this guide xD. Thanks for the feedback.

Guides

Priest of Pontifications Annonymus is just another poster. For now.... Annonymus's Avatar
    @Estet: Lol, at least you have some sense of humor, others would be all like "EWWWWW! * Random Ranting"
    Words of wisdom: Omlette du fromage
    My childhood♥: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEsr...eature=related

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...52305_460s.jpg

"All I will ever believe, is the pounding of my heart, though it doesn't answer questions, that's just the way it goes. All I will ever have faith in, is the beating in my chest, it won't predict tomorrow or give me eternal rest."

My workout song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

I have learned how to make ninja posts ~_~

Lol the good ol' days back in Health class, gotta love it. But thanks for commenting lol

Guides

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast