[Announcement] Server Time Change 3/8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awful

I was in the middle of BI when the 5-minute notice was announced, and missed Cloud Adventure, Jewel Hunt, Dimension War, Spire, MPD, maps, fishing, etc. and some of the Hot Events. When I came back after an hour, I saw some things reset but most didn't, and the server clock on the upper right hand corner showed as 5:08am. There are completed quests that can't be clicked, and my claimed Hot Events and Daily Devotion are still not reset. I did Jewel Hunt and Cloud Adventure during this time period, and claimed some Hot Events items. I just hope I didn't lose the attempt for Sunday because of that. A 5-minute notice of server shutdown and clock adjustment/reset without notice is kind of unacceptable. I live in the US and obviously know the DST adjustment, but our attempts for Saturday were not reset until 5am BEFORE the adjustment, so effectively we lost not just the hour from maintenance, but also another hour from the clock adjustment. This is upsetting.

Originally posted by R2_Emma View Post
    Please note that we will change the server time for EST and PST servers from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern Daylight Time this upcoming weekend. The times for these changes are as follows:

EST Servers:
    Sunday, March 8th 2AM EST

PST Servers:
    Sunday, March 8th 2AM PST

All EST servers will be going down for maintenance starting March 8th at 2AM EST, lasting for around 1 hour.

All PST servers will be going down for maintenance starting March 8th at 2AM PST, lasting for around 1 hour.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Comment

I bet things went wrong and no it's no bet. I won the jackpot. Server reset and need to spin wheel again. can collect skytrail. Devotion stay's high, quest are all green but not collectable. Yup they messed up again.

Comment

maintenance need in online game but not daily
        every 2 day R2 need emergency maintenance ......

Comment

suggest 1k mahra compensation , lol

Comment

They probably internally use real-time clock timestamps to mark the time of completion of those items. The timestamps are correct, but because the server time (timezone) is changed, their completion status (Incomplete, Complete, Claimed, etc.) show in an inconsistent state.

Clock adjustment could be an unimplemented functionality in Wartune. According to this Wikipedia entry, most countries in Asia and Africa do not observe DST, which includes China, where the product is developed.

Daylight saving time by country
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayligh...ime_by_country

For this time, I would think it's the product being used in an unexpected operational environment, although as a global product they should have such foresight in mind when they decide their product features.

Originally posted by MagicBullet View Post
            I bet things went wrong and no it's no bet. I won the jackpot. Server reset and need to spin wheel again. can collect skytrail. Devotion stay's high, quest are all green but not collectable. Yup they messed up again.

Comment

damn just staring DI

Comment

We just now get a 5 min warning at 5am central time that we are going down for maint. What happened to 60 min warning? Just 5 min warning is all we get? Come on R2 a bit more notice besides here would be nice. Not everyone comes in all the time to check. We do play first most times. The time had already changed on its own. Why shut down to change it.

Comment

What a mess....... as usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  FireAndIce
                  Mage
                  2.6m+ br.... it moves up daily!
                  Kabam S8
                  Legends
                  Moderate casher

Comment

Oh btw 5am central time zone is 4am PST not 2am.

Comment

damn i hate down time more notice would be awesome

Comment

great, way to go wartune, 1 job change clock, guess what, players have no jewel, tok, mpd, dimention rewards, realy to change clock have it set to auto update not mess game up

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Has-only-one.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1709310

^R2 Employee responsible for the server time change

Comment

Well, i just checked back in, over 1 hour after the time change, but Kabam server 65(merge of 62 and 65) is still not up.. And no compensation as usual.
                            For over 2 years now i have been playing this "BETA" game.. How long is this going to be BETA..
                            Seems like R2games / kabam are using BETA status as an excuse for all their mess-ups which they then dont need to compensate..
                            Because it is still in BETA stages..
                            Bring the game back online and finally remove the beta status.. this game hasnt been Beta for at least 2 years!!!
                            Last edited by R237326690; 03-08-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Well...Over 15 minutes past the 1 hour time window to change the clock time on the server. We have hundreds of servers at work and they auto-update their time...been doing that the last several years. Even if you had to reboot a server to change the time it would only take a few minutes...not over an hour. It appears some servers are up but most are not. Is something going wrong? That would be a surprise.

Comment

Oh, and of course something went wrong:

No dimension rewards on S51 East.

Fix it. For once in your professional life, do it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X