[Reported] Arena Point bug ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Reported] Arena Point bug ?

someone can explain how a group doing arena together can have different point ? (we are the first day after arena reset)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arena points.png
Views:	1
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	1768252

the last one is really painful... one get a win reward and 3 others got 100 less point.
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-03-2015, 07:01 AM.
    RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
    Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

more information about it.
    had the same trouble today, but realized something. I fought a group I saw a lot last days and 3 of us got less point (135 for 3 and 190 for 1)
    next fight, fought them too and everyone got even less point (90 everyone)
    so I'm wondering if, the first day, you get less point if you fight the same team ?

Comment

If it penalized you for fighting the same team, that would be incredibly stupid. We can't control who we face, so it would just be messing up people's points for no good reason.

Obviously, there's every chance that is exactly what they do, but I think they just left a ton of bugs in the system and points are randomly lower some of the time. The best evidence is that different players get different points for the same fight.

Comment

I really don't understand the point system on the first day
        did some more fight and got some other weird point.
        perhaps it's the iron ranking only who have that trouble. I don't see it the 6 other days.

Comment

got another value today 95 point out of 190
          Wartune count it as an half victory ?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	95.png
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1712457

Comment

Originally posted by ArnaudBo View Post
            got another value today 95 point out of 190
            Wartune count it as an half victory ?
            Hehe, maybe it thought you hadn't fought hard enough?
            On a serious note, though, your teamies did get 190?
            "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
            and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Yeh i also get this its really annoying, you can get 15 wins and still end up below someone who won 7..

Again only on first day of arena, saturday, it can vary between 90-190 points for a win, sometimes the points are varied after same battle. Had it today i got +90 guildies got +190.

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                yes, one of my team mate got 190 when the rest got 95 (there was other fight with strange result value)
                total daily rest
                - he is a 2750
                - the rest of us are at 2555
                Last edited by ArnaudBo; 05-10-2015, 01:18 AM.

Comment

last week, i was happy, a whole week without a single arena point trouble. so i hoped it was corrected, but the bug is back this week
                  so it's still not corrected

something strange is : it's always the same player who get the right number of point. he isn't necessary the arena leader, isn't the strongest BR and isn't the lowest either.

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                    Think we should keep this one :-)
                    Arnaud u should work harder!

Comment

Has anyone looked into this? I would like to know why win/loss point distribution isn't consistent through the course of an arena run. I am getting fed up only getting 30 points when I lose sometimes but other times I get 130 points. That is over 300% difference and it discourages me from doing group arena.

Comment

This nonsense with apparently random points has been going on forever, would be nice if something finally was done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmatski View Post
                          Has anyone looked into this? I would like to know why win/loss point distribution isn't consistent through the course of an arena run..
                          The issue has been reported, and on the 'to do list' Once fixed, the Major Bug thread will be updated accordingly.

Please keep in mind:

Originally posted by R2_Sanguine View Post
                          We can rarely provide a timeline for a fix or compensation. We always want to fix issues sooner rather than later, but timelines may come down to “we’re working on it”. We need to confirm and identify a bug, suggest a potential fix, and then wait for a fix to be implemented. We will not give timelines for fixes or compensation until a fix has been made or compensation has been decided, and will be announced through official game channels.
                          Retired Moderator.

Comment

Solution

Points are distributed depending on each individual level and BR (highly possible rank too). We're unable to gain the specific formula for this, but it explains point inconsistencies through party members, and with each battle.

For example:

High BR vs Low BR = low point win for High BR
                            OR high point win for Low BR

If someone has low BR in a high BR group, they'll likely get more points for a win.

This 'solution' isn't 'black and white' however. There will be some greys in there - that is variables such as changes made through arena. Opposing (or current team) potting, changing skills, sylph, eudaemon, etc. Due to point differences, players could change 'ranks', which won't show up until next day arena, but could possibly change point distribution.

Example being having won x amount of times for 190 points, then in system winning group rank goes up, but does not show, it could mean they get lower points for facing the same team if they (the opposition) are in the same rank placement, therefore determined in system as 'easier'.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. I 'hope' most of what has happened here is explained. The devs have told us, what is mentioned in this thread is 'normal'. I hope my explanations (of what I and a few others have witnessed) help those who are confused by it all. You are not alone
                            Last edited by Whakapono; 06-12-2015, 06:04 AM.
                            Retired Moderator.

Comment

that doesn't explain why, on first day (everyone on no ranking as much as I understand the game), in ONE team : ONE player get 190 point (when he is the second highest BR of the team) and the 3 others get 90
                              and as much as I seen, the problem exist only on "lower" ranking, never happened when gold or diamond

Comment

Working...
                              X